trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by dennych haha I'm close as well. We're in the same market. Out of curiosity which one are ...
    Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Re: trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices.

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    haha I'm close as well. We're in the same market. Out of curiosity which one are you looking at? Wonder if it's identical to what I was lookin at
    I am not currently looking at any locally, and probably getting a sedan, due, in part, to the lower prices (2009-10). Still, I love the idea of a wagon, but prefer TG or the blue, black recaros, and no sunroof (picky here).

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    I am not currently looking at any locally, and probably getting a sedan, due, in part, to the lower prices (2009-10). Still, I love the idea of a wagon, but prefer TG or the blue, black recaros, and no sunroof (picky here).
    Yeah, what kind of gets me is buying out of state, if you finance the CPO with GM for their .9% interest rate you have to register it with them out of state for your state. Tacks on fees and you still have to smog it here and vin verify then mail the documents back to the dealer to register it for you. kind of a pain...

and of course shipping cost.

Right. But, for me, I am not into the CPO thing. Reason being, if they offered it sans powertrain, I would, as I want to mod it, and I can't see paying that much money and not having a powertrain covered.

GM cars, in general, are not very expensive to repair if you do it yourself, or find someone. Parts are quite reasonable, and the knowledge base available on-line is truly impressive.

As for shipping. I got a quote of $800 (about) to ship 1500 miles, and that's with a carrier with a very good reputation.

Turns out, I have co-workers all over the country, and two near the car I am looking at are big time car nuts...one has built about 15 cars, including TT Vettes. So, they offered to pick me up at the airport and drive me to the car.

Then, I figured I can use my American Airline miles (I need to bring my own seat bolts), so I just need a hotel for a couple of nights and lots of gas and seat time.

I would have it shipped, but, knowing me, I would be on pins and needles waiting for the darn thing. It's bad enough waiting for go-fast parts from UPS or Fedex, let alone a used car.

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Right. But, for me, I am not into the CPO thing. Reason being, if they offered it sans powertrain, I would, as I want to mod it, and I can't see paying that much money and not having a powertrain covered.

GM cars, in general, are not very expensive to repair if you do it yourself, or find someone. Parts are quite reasonable, and the knowledge base available on-line is truly impressive.

As for shipping. I got a quote of $800 (about) to ship 1500 miles, and that's with a carrier with a very good reputation.

Turns out, I have co-workers all over the country, and two near the car I am looking at are big time car nuts...one has built about 15 cars, including TT Vettes. So, they offered to pick me up at the airport and drive me to the car.

Then, I figured I can use my American Airline miles (I need to bring my own seat bolts), so I just need a hotel for a couple of nights and lots of gas and seat time.

I would have it shipped, but, knowing me, I would be on pins and needles waiting for the darn thing. It's bad enough waiting for go-fast parts from UPS or Fedex, let alone a used car.
    Do you know the logistics of driving it before registering it in California? The AAA DMV rep I spoke to mentioned you couldn't drive it without getting a permit

I was told 20 days to register it. Must have 7500 or more miles on it (no kidding). Bring the car, smog, sale info to AAA and pay the fees (tax, license, registration, plate fees), and I think that does it.

yotsubachan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

I called AAA and they said they only do that for private party transfers but not dealer to buyer transfers for out of state purchases. Are you doing a private party transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by yotsubachan View Post
    I called AAA and they said they only do that for private party transfers but not dealer to buyer transfers for out of state purchases. Are you doing a private party transfer?
    If you are asking me, then yes, I am trying to buy one PP.

yotsubachan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Okay thanks. That might be the difference between the 20 days and requiring a permit.

Man, I keep on going back and forth in my mind between

1) Getting a CTS-V Wagon
    2) Getting a GT-R
    3) Getting a cheaper vehicle overall

I keep on bouncing around with all 3 options depending on my mood. Making me upset lol...

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Man, I keep on going back and forth in my mind between

1) Getting a CTS-V Wagon
    2) Getting a GT-R
    3) Getting a cheaper vehicle overall

I keep on bouncing around with all 3 options depending on my mood. Making me upset lol...
    I thought the same thing too.

GT-R would be a budget buster and pretty hefty loan. Cheap car would be nice too, either eco or a little performance. So the V is the compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    I thought the same thing too.

GT-R would be a budget buster and pretty hefty loan. Cheap car would be nice too, either eco or a little performance. So the V is the compromise.
    As silly as that sounds huh? The cheaper cars I were considering were like a used G37 or Volvo S60 T6... Or new maybe a genesis coupe. The GT-R even used approaches 65k for the 2010's and pretty much all of them are out of bumper to bumper warranty or just about out.

Honestly the biggest worry I have for the CTS-V is that 12 MPG on the automatic for city....

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    Just do it already. Yes, the gas mileage is bad. I've daily driven mine for over 3 1/2 years and I have gotten used to it.

Do you have a truck? If so, you are already used to the mileage.

Am I helping?

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

GT-R would suck you dry.

People put too much focus on the purchase price of a car, and less on it's fully loaded cost.

Take the car's price + expected maintenance and operations cost. then subtract expected sale price in 3 years, and then divide that number by 36. That gives you a monthly cost. It's that number that must be compared. And the GT-R would have a NASTY per month cost...it's just expensive to maintain.

I'm also considering a MB GL350, diesel. Those things are expensive, but barely depreciate, so your costs aren't that bad.

I think the rough estimate I got from looking into GT-R forums is around 5k-8k a year on maintenance for some occasional tracking. but it really depends on how hard you drive it

And no neuron, no truck here . I blame top gear for all my recent year car antics. I lived most my life satisfied with a inline 4 and fwd.

I don't know you, dennych, obviously, but if you are concerned about 12 mpg in the city, then you are either an environmentalist (I doubt it), or considering the cost of owning and driving the car, which is understandable. Unless you are stuck in this mess here on the Westside, I think you can get better than 12 in the city. Heck, I get a bit better than that in my Trailblazer SS, with a 6L, 4.10 gears, 4800#, and a 3200 stall.

From my own perspective, the maintenance and repair on the V has got to be less, probably far less, then the GT-R, especially over time.

How much would it cost to rebuild the trans in a V, compared to a GT-R? What about brakes? What if the engine were to let go? Then, consider how many LS engines are out there, and people are learning more and more about them.

I would think they are quite different cars, driving and personality. The GT-R is a sports coupe, no question, and it looks it, and you are not going to get away from that.

The V can be a sports (coupe/sedan/wagon), or it can take the role of a very nice riding (coupe/sedan/wagon).

I had G35 sedans (two of them), and they were very nice daily drivers, but they did not convey the same passion as the V when driving, let alone knowing that you have a relatively unique car.

Since you live near me, how many V's do you see in a day? Can I venture to guess you see more Ferrari's than V's? How about G37's? Now, the GT-R is not very common, that I will give you, and I bet they are a blast around a road course, but a modded V, which doesn't cost that much to mod, is really something.

For me, I test drove one a few years ago, and can't get it out of my head. Since I don't make a ton of cash, and have a hefty mortgage, and two young boys, I had to wait until the right used one came around, and that I was ready. I had a co-worker test drive the one I am interested in yesterday, and do once-over, and he told me of a couple of minor things, and that it really moves. I told the owner I will buy it, and we are trying to get the paperwork done.

----------

I think the rough estimate I got from looking into GT-R forums is around 5k-8k a year on maintenance for some occasional tracking. but it really depends on how hard you drive it

And no neuron, no truck here . I blame top gear for all my recent year car antics. I lived most my life satisfied with a inline 4 and fwd.
    I have honestly vowed never to buy another FWD vehicle, if I can possibly avoid it. I will go AWD, but not FWD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.