trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by MacBuster I've discovered that dealerships don't really like it when I know what they paid at auction ...
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    I've discovered that dealerships don't really like it when I know what they paid at auction for a vehicle. I get lots of attention when I inquire about a car. But if I mention that they paid xx,xxx at ADESA, the tone changes completely.

I know lots of car dealers as friends. I will never, ever feel sorry for a car dealers. And I will never, ever feel bad for negotiating hard with them.
    It's because they make the most money off uninformed people. By knowing the price you're more informed than most since you can look it up. I personally have to just go by what's in this thread.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

The prices on used V wagons didn't come down enough for me to take the plunge. I ended up buying a 2008 Audi S4 Avant (with an extended warranty of course) to hold me over a year or two until I can pay cash for a Vagon.
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    The prices on used V wagons didn't come down enough for me to take the plunge. I ended up buying a 2008 Audi S4 Avant (with an extended warranty of course) to hold me over a year or two until I can pay cash for a Vagon.
    Not exactly slumming it, however.

What do you guys think about 52k for a 2011 CPO V-Wagon with 10k+ miles on it? I'll have to pay an additional $1,200 for shipping though

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Options? Condition? Sounds like a fair price. But that shipping is ridiculous unless it's cross country.

I believe it's Florida to California. Might be able to get it for a couple of hundred cheaper, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    Options? Condition? Sounds like a fair price. But that shipping is ridiculous unless it's cross country.
    sadly it is. Has recaros and sunroof

you might want to shop around for competing shipping bids

ekyub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I saw an Evolution Green Vagon for 51 but I have to ship it too. I want to trade my E55 wagon so a long distance deal is probably not doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ekyub View Post
    I saw an Evolution Green Vagon for 51 but I have to ship it too. I want to trade my E55 wagon so a long distance deal is probably not doable.
    You should sell your E55 Wagon yourself. You'll always get a better price. Looks like they tack a 590 Doc fee on top of it.... crunching #'s in my head now

I keep on going back and forth in my head on whether or not to pull the trigger. The service nightmares and differential/clunking supercharger/sunroof problems have me worried. Never spent this much on a vehicle before... And I'll be shipping it across the country without ever having looked at it.... Seems like going forth for 52k (58-59k after taxes/fees/shipping) might be the biggest mistake of my life....

They did mention to me that CPO vehicles now qualify for 0.9% financing so that is a slight up. I had secured 1.49% financing from penfed before looking

I've owned a number of higher end and luxury cars, and I don't see anything unusual here. I don't see anything that you wouldn't also see in lower end vehicles.

Find a good dealer, they are out there. There will be things that annoy you about the car. It's inevitable, but dealing with them is the big thing. Believe me, the concerns I have with my current BMW are far more catastrophic than the things I see here. Not much in the car, that GM hasn't been doing for 50 years.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Dennych.... Would it be cheaper, and more fun, to fly to Florida see the car and drive it home? It would suck to ship it home to find out the seller wasn't 100% forthcoming in the ad or that it was beaten on badly.

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Dennych.... Would it be cheaper, and more fun, to fly to Florida see the car and drive it home? It would suck to ship it home to find out the seller wasn't 100% forthcoming in the ad or that it was beaten on badly.
    Yeah I thought about that, but driving it 2.5k+ miles isn't ideal. seems more economical to ship it. Plus if something happened on the way back that would be annoying.
    I'm considering flying in to check it out. It is CPO, if that means anything...

guy mentioned there was probably less than 5/32 tread on the rear tires... Cause of concern for a 11k mile car?

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I'd be nervous, especially CPO. I'm sure it lived a rough life. Might you just be better off buying new?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.