trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Anyone got any info on this one? http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=330779094 Low mileage, way too high listing price if it's an mfr executive ...
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: trying to get a fix on 2011 CTS-V wagon prices.

Anyone got any info on this one?
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=330779094

Low mileage, way too high listing price if it's an mfr executive car

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Coulter is ridiculous with their pricing.

Least responsive dealer I've encountered, also.

Also: I doubt it's a mfr exec car. The mileage is too low.

Some comments here about why a car like this might be for sale. Likely it was used for car shows, or was damaged in transit and could not be sold as new anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    Also: I doubt it's a mfr exec car. The mileage is too low.

Some comments here about why a car like this might be for sale. Likely it was used for car shows, or was damaged in transit and could not be sold as new anymore.
    Interesting, That one from Ryan auto for 60k earlier had pretty similar specs (thought it was the same but VIN looks different) and had 333 miles. That one was a GM exec car right?

As a side note, I had heard all the cars they use at the V Series Lab events get junked. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    Interesting, That one from Ryan auto for 60k earlier had pretty similar specs (thought it was the same but VIN looks different) and had 333 miles. That one was a GM exec car right?
    My guess is it had a very similar history/situation.

These dealers are making much, much more (or trying), on these used units, than they are on the new ones. Ryan purchased that one with 330 miles on it for 54,200 at auction. I'm not sure what they sold it for, but they wouldn't go under $60K or so for me. Figure $1000 for them to transpo, detail, and list the car, and they make $5000 on the deal. Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    My guess is it had a very similar history/situation.

These dealers are making much, much more (or trying), on these used units, than they are on the new ones. Ryan purchased that one with 330 miles on it for 54,200 at auction. I'm not sure what they sold it for, but they wouldn't go under $60K or so for me. Figure $1000 for them to transpo, detail, and list the car, and they make $5000 on the deal. Not bad at all.
    I know Ryan sold it for the list price of 60,499 since someone bought it on ebay with buy it now. If I didn't know what they bought it for, I would've thought it was a good price. After all that other dealership is listing that 500+ mile one with a similar config minus the wood trim for 9k more.

I know Ryan sold it for the list price of 60,499 since someone bought it on ebay with buy it now. If I didn't know what they bought it for, I would've thought it was a good price. After all that other dealership is listing that 500+ mile one with a similar config minus the wood trim for 9k more.
    If other consumers want to pay those kind of prices, then I may have to look another direction. Information asymmetries seem to favour the dealers here. I'm more than happy to work with other forum members to change that.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Someone paid full price for that? I would rather go new than pay what they were asking. I'm with you, Mac. I have chosen to leave the market for now. My current plan is to finally put a sueded steering wheel and shifter in my V sedan and "call it a day" until next year. I'm in the process of spending the $2k on GMPP instead of using that money to add to a down payment.

It should be encouraging for existing Vagon owners that their cars aren't depreciating at a fast rate at all.

my guess is due to the rarity. But they don't seem to be selling very quickly either. I personally would love to snag a 2011 with 10-20k miles for 40k if it had recaros with black interior and black exterior

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

my guess is due to the rarity. But they don't seem to be selling very quickly either. I personally would love to snag a 2011 with 10-20k miles for 40k if it had recaros with black interior and black exterior
    Who wouldn't?

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Yeah, add $10K-$12K to that.

doesn't seem that far off. 2011's on the market with low mileages are around 50k at dealership. Maybe 45k for a higher mileage one?

I've discovered that dealerships don't really like it when I know what they paid at auction for a vehicle. I get lots of attention when I inquire about a car. But if I mention that they paid xx,xxx at ADESA, the tone changes completely.

I know lots of car dealers as friends. I will never, ever feel sorry for a car dealers. And I will never, ever feel bad for negotiating hard with them.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Most dealers like to make ~$5K on these, but when you know the exact price they paid, carries some leverage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.