Replacing brake pads - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Replacing brake pads in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Luke has the 2 piece rotors in a front set in the $600s... Yup, the regular ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

Luke has the 2 piece rotors in a front set in the $600s...
    Yup, the regular bi alloy rotors are ~ $300 a set, and the rears are super common, you can nab a rear set for under $150

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33

Sorry, apparently I passed out after reading your post.
    Yeah. Understandably so. The service manager had prices scribbled down on paper and they were about $500 a piece....according to him, of course.

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Replacing brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by jenlain View Post
    I recommend going with a track pad all around. I have been using DTC-30s front and rear this season and the rears had quite a bit of wear after each weekend. I think the stock pads would have failed quickly under those conditions.
    Thanks man, strange though the DTC-30's aren't listed for the rears on Hawk's website, only the DTC-60 and 70..

jenlain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Vagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa2Dubai

Thanks man, strange though the DTC-30's aren't listed for the rears on Hawk's website, only the DTC-60 and 70..
    Part number hb194w.570.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I'm not sure about the stock pad failures. I've used the heck out of mine for three tough seasons, and I'll replace only the fronts next year due to surface cracking, and wanting to try the DTC 30s up front. Mine still have plenty of thickness left too. I just need to track by some other Vs to see if "I'm not going faster, it's just that everyone else is slowing down".........

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jenlain View Post
    Part number hb194w.570.
    Thanks!

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    I would like to know as well. I did 10 sets of pads and 6 sets of rotors on my SRT8. Easiest brakes I've ever done. Hoping the V's are similar.
    Hey CVP, long time no see/speak. How've you been?

Doug

----------

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I'm not sure about the stock pad failures. I've used the heck out of mine for three tough seasons, and I'll replace only the fronts next year due to surface cracking, and wanting to try the DTC 30s up front. Mine still have plenty of thickness left too. I just need to track by some other Vs to see if "I'm not going faster, it's just that everyone else is slowing down".........
    After a couple of aggressively driven sessions at Summit point with stock pads there was so much pad transfer that hitting the brakes would cause large amounts of vibration. got so bad that I skipped the last session. It took a few hundred miles for the pads rotors to "clean up" on their own. Now, with a whoppping 11K miles on the car, the brakes squeak and squeal like crazy......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.