suspension noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, suspension noise in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Noticed again last night, that when I have a passenger in the front seat and go over a bump I ...
    4DoorV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black

suspension noise

Noticed again last night, that when I have a passenger in the front seat and go over a bump I hear a noise coming out of the front or right side of my shock/strut/suspension. (has a noise like something needs lubed). It does not do it when there is noone in the front passenger seat and only seems to do it when i hit medium to large bumps and over speed bumps where there is more compression. Sound familar anyone? Thoughts......

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

silversled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Sport Wagon
    I had the same squeaking noise. It was most noticeable with 4 people in the car. I could reproduce it by myself by apply the brakes hard enough to activate the antilocks and turning left at the same time. My dealer ending up replacing the lower control arm and shock on the passenger side to get rid of all the squeaking.

Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06

Re: suspension noise

I also have the same issue with the front end noise at slow speed and the dealer's customer support is out to lunch - as is their knowledge about this car! There is no dought that it is the bushings on my car - sure as hell don't trust the TECH's atmy local Cadillac dealers - I have to go over 90 miles to get to the next dealers - 3 local ALLL SUCK! I'll never buy another GM product! TO MUCH HOT AIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Airfoto View Post
    I also have the same issue - and the dealer and their customer support is out to lunch - as is their knowledge about this car!
    Airfoto, 4DoorV,

I took this vid for my tech. Is this the same noise you guys are experiencing? If so, it turned out to be my passenger front shock. My dealer replaced the lower control arm first but claimed it didn't fix the problem. They called GMTAC and they authorized switching out the entire shock assembly (shock, spring, washers, nut, bushings, etc) and it worked.

Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06

Thanks for the heads up - I've lub the bushings myself and it helped a little - but - I also read that with more weight in the car the noise increases - I thought it had to be the bushings, but also felt that the shock could be an issue - thanks much for the info! I'll tried getting a hold of Cadillac CS but have been playing phone tag and e-mail BS over this about the issue - I need to find a dealer I can trust - yes - right that'll happen! Very sad CS. This has been an on going problem about 4 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Airfoto
    Thanks for the heads up - I've lub the bushings myself and it helped a little - but - I also read that with more weight in the car the noise increases - I thought it had to be the bushings, but also felt that the shock could be an issue - thanks much for the info! I'll tried getting a hold of Cadillac CS but have been playing phone tag and e-mail BS over this about the issue - I need to find a dealer I can trust - yes - right that'll happen! Very sad CS. This has been an on going problem about 4 weeks now.
    Airfoto, if you'd like, PM me and I'll email you a scan of the work order so you can guide your Service department on what to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.