opinions,stories,thoughts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dogbreath
  • 2 Post By neuronbob
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, opinions,stories,thoughts in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; looking into selling my maggied 07 and getting into an 09-10. My buddie is buying the car so it just ...
    wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

opinions,stories,thoughts

looking into selling my maggied 07 and getting into an 09-10. My buddie is buying the car so it just comes down to when I find the right V2

I come around the forums a lot, but usually the 2004-2007 sections

just need a down and dirty; good and bad report on the years 09-10. What you liked about them and what you didnt like about them

I know some people were having some diff issues, and some wheel click issues. Is that only a certain year?

Also, if you have something in the $40-$45K range, let me know

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Re: opinions,stories,thoughts

So far my 2010 6M with roof and recaro is perfect. NO issues at 8000 miles. Many quirky issues on the V2, but does not seem to be model year specific. Seems like majority are solid and those who have the quirks are vocal about it. Just got to imagine is somewhere in between and most issues are certainly covered and serviceable except the rear tire wear issue and the extremely fast moving gas gauge.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    2009 sedan here. Just turned 41K. Absolutely zero mechanical issues at all. I'm hoping this continues! I've had the popping sunroof, clicking wheels and the little nuances that have come up but the new rotors seem to have solved the clicking. The sunroof still pops from time to time but these little things I can deal with. I've got no real gripes at all. Love it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Ryan,

I'm glad to see the community is already responding with their 09-10 year opinions! If you ever have additional vehicle questions, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'd be happy to do some research on your behalf.

Have a great weekend,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

just need a down and dirty; good and bad report on the years 09-10. What you liked about them and what you didnt like about them
    there are no 'good or bad' V2 MY's. Some people might even tell you the 09's are built better than later years. For those two specific MY's there's nothing you need to know that's distingishable.
    I know some people were having some diff issues, and some wheel click issues. Is that only a certain year?
    All Model years. There's currently a TSB that states GM will replace the rotors with the clicking with the 2 piece rotors if you exhibit the issue. So far they've handed quite a few of these out. The only diff problems are a whinning noise. It's nothing like exploding rear ends in the V1. If you can live with that, then shop worry free.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Yeah Ryan, the V2s are MUCH better than the V1s in terms of quirky stuff to deal with. You won't get all kinds of clunky nonsense, failing motor mounts, weak rear-ends, horrible shifting, clunky flywheels.... none of that. It's a very good car (09 and up). My 2010 had a bit of wheel clicking but is was rare and after they did the original TSB I haven't heard a click. The sunroofs can get squeeky but just like any sun roof you have to lubricate the seals if they make noise. I haven't had to do that on mine because it is quiet (13k miles). Shifting is a dream compared to the V1 and the stock throw is already short. As for any diff issues, I think some were sent from factory low on gear oil so some people have heard some noise out of their diff. Mine is whisper quiet. You can beat on the V2 without worry. It's a refined MONSTER.

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

'09 that we bought used with 2100 miles. Now has 6200 miles. The only problem that it has is that the fuel tank seems to empty quickly. Of course that is directly related to how I use my right foot. Mine has absolutely no mechanical problems.
    TexasCTS-V and TexasCTS-V like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

40.5k, had rear diff noise 20k miles ago, fluid change fixed it. No other mechanical issues. I had the wheel clicking back 20-25k miles ago but not since (so I had to pay for my own two-piece rotors, wah!). No sunroof issues. Couple of electrical issues, resolved. Interior is still quiet.

I am still 100% geeked and in love with my car and I can't keep my grubby hands off it. So much for my plan to sell it at Barrett-Jackson in 20-25 years. j/k
    tdyguy2k and tdyguy2k like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.