New CTS-V Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New CTS-V Owner in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well, i finally found the "right" car. I picked up a 2010 CTS-V with a manual transmission yesterday. Car arrived ...
    tlsmikey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

New CTS-V Owner

Well, i finally found the "right" car. I picked up a 2010 CTS-V with a manual transmission yesterday. Car arrived from Texas.

I'm pretty sure i have perma-grin.

Car is phenomenal except for a couple of things:

1) i have the clicking front rotors. Already called and got an appointment for cadillac to replace them
    2) The rear view mirror is pretty loose. Is this common or am i just lucky?
    3) It came with Corsa exhaust but i can't tell if its the sport or touring. How do i know? Seems kinda quiet. I wouldn't mind a bit louder, but not too much.
    4) There's a small round bump on the front bumper where the drivers side headlight lense squirter sits. Its about 4" to the left at the line of the bumper where it meets the grill. Is this normal or did someone put a really huge paint drip on the car from the factory?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    Hi there. My story is similar to yours. Got my 2010 sedan with manual transmission from Texas delivered to me last week too. Had new scratches on the front fascia unfortunately but mechanically seems intact. I am sure you have seen the threads on the TSB for the clicking in the front end. Good luck and hope you have a great time with the new ride. I'll hope to be doing the same.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Re: New CTS-V Owner

If the Corsa exhaust isn't all that loud, it's likely the Touring version. Even that one sounds really great though!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Congrats on the new car! Where are you located at?

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

supratovcoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 thundergray v-coupe 6A

I have an 11 coupe the mirror is loose to but does not move or shake while driving.
    But will have it checked on my next visit.......Mark

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tlsmikey View Post
    Well, i finally found the "right" car. I picked up a 2010 CTS-V with a manual transmission yesterday. Car arrived from Texas.

I'm pretty sure i have perma-grin.
    Congratulations on your new ride, Tlsmikey! I'm happy you already have a Cadillac dealer appointment regarding your rotors, and having your mirror checked while you're already in for service would definitely be helpful. Hope you'll keep us posted!

If you ever have future concerns, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Quote Originally Posted by supratovcoupe View Post
    I have an 11 coupe the mirror is loose to but does not move or shake while driving.
    But will have it checked on my next visit.......Mark
    Supratovcoupe, please feel free to also send me an email anytime for further assistance! Hopefully you're dealership will be able to shed some light on your mirror concern, however.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

tlsmikey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thanks for all the feedback.

Good to know the wiggly mirror is a feature.

I'll get a pic of the front bumper today. I'm curious if the little bump is part of the mold or a paint flaw from the previous owner.

Oh...i'm in San Jose, CA

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

tlsmikey:

Welcome aboard and congratulations; I'm up the road from you - located in Danville. I had to take mine (bought a used 2011) to the dealer shortly after my purchase too, but they corrected everything quickly.

Have fun

supratovcoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 thundergray v-coupe 6A

Wiil do Thank You Katie.......Mark B.

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tlsmikey View Post
    I'm pretty sure i have perma-grin. Don't worry...it's contagious and there's no cure.

1) i have the clicking front rotors. Already called and got an appointment for cadillac to replace them If you have as much luck as I'm having with the new ones, you'll be click-free soon. Let's just hope it lasts.
    2) The rear view mirror is pretty loose. Is this common or am i just lucky? Mine takes two hands to move it's pretty solid.
    3) There's a small round bump on the front bumper where the drivers side headlight lense squirter sits. Its about 4" to the left at the line of the bumper where it meets the grill. Is this normal or did someone put a really huge paint drip on the car from the factory? I don't have it. May be a flaw/poor repair job.
    Bear in mind, these cars like any others on the road, have their issues and quirks. IMO, dollar-for-dollar, you will not find a car that hauls this much ass, turns and brakes like it does, and is as fun to drive as the V. Enjoy your new ride!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.