Looking at getting a "V" question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Looking at getting a "V" question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, first post and new to the forum. Ive read a lot here and learned a great deal. I've ...
    IronJay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Looking at getting a "V" question

Hey guys, first post and new to the forum. Ive read a lot here and learned a great deal. I've been in love with the "V" ever since the V1 came out, looking at getting a V2 this fall sometime. I test drove an auto this past weekend, it was brand new and I can't really swing the $60k for a new one but I'm looking pre-owned. Anyway, College Auto Sales down in Miami has about 4 or 5 V2's with low miles that are labeled "Rebuildable" "Racing Vehicle". I talked to the guy and he told me that they were demo's for a GM track day or something along those lines. The titles aren't clean but my question is do any of you have any experience with cars like these? They seem like a deal 2011 with 2500 miles for like $41k but the last thing I need is to buy a problem without any warranty.

Any of the car salesmen on here have any experience with these cars? Also, at what price would you pull the trigger as I'm sure they will deal as you have to pay cash since most banks won't loan with this kind of title?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Looking at getting a "V" question

They are beat pretty bad plus you lose the warranty. For the price it's tempting, but you have to factor in tires, brakes, diff, and engine. Probably more too. So I wouldn't pay more than $36K for them. You know Cadillac gave them away and the dealer is making $10K on them.

curvedinfinity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I drove 2 of them at an event. At the event I asked a rep what they were going to do with them. The rep said they would be crushed, so its good to see they weren't wasted. They are beat but perfectly safe vehicles. They have been titled that way for liability reasons. Title issues are a pain in the assets from what I understand, but otherwise I wouldn't be scared away from one.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Nope, definitely not. But for the right price though considering they probably gave them away for around $30K.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Welcome, Ironjay! Happy to see you're thinking about a V, and I'm especially happy to see owners sharing their feedback as you had hoped. If you have any specific vehicle questions while you're considering the V, drop me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by curvedinfinity View Post
    I drove 2 of them at an event. At the event I asked a rep what they were going to do with them. The rep said they would be crushed, so its good to see they weren't wasted. They are beat but perfectly safe vehicles. They have been titled that way for liability reasons. Title issues are a pain in the assets from what I understand, but otherwise I wouldn't be scared away from one.

So how hard on it were you? I have heard that they get abused pretty bad, but too be honest arent they made for that? I mean the car only has 2500 miles, I would think thats better than getting something with 45k miles on it and I'll have warranty for a short time anyway? I guess it depends on how expensive the parts are for the car?

As far as title, that might be my biggest fear is trying to resell it...How hard is it to sell something with a "rebuildable title"?

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    Nope, definitely not. But for the right price though considering they probably gave them away for around $30K.
    Thats what I'm thinking is rolling the dice and going down there and seeing if I can get one for $35k or so...THey already told me I can take it to a Caddy dealership to get it checked out. Plus they have a black manual, Recaro's and its a '11...I can't find any manuals on the net, everything is auto and I think I will want the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Welcome, Ironjay! Happy to see you're thinking about a V, and I'm especially happy to see owners sharing their feedback as you had hoped. If you have any specific vehicle questions while you're considering the V, drop me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    katie, thanks for the welcome! Would you happen to know does GM offer any kind of extended purchase warranty on these type of vehicles?

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

there is no way 2500 miles is going to hurt a V. The LSA can't be hurt on a road course in 2500 miles. That is nothing compared to the dyno hours they put on that engine during validation testing. They run that engine on the dyno full load near the redline for hours. I mean half the drivers who used them on the track dont have the nuts to abuse them. Tires, brake pad, rotors and fluids and you should be fine. Chances are you will mod the engine and that voids most of your powertrain warranty anyways. If you are a good wrench I wouldnt worry about it. If you are not its a bigger risk. But there is no way a dealer should bend you over for $41K. Offer considerably less and think of the savings as your warranty. Also depends how long you are going to keep it. dirty titles are hard to unload. For $9K more I got a 2010 with 3900 miles on it with roof and recaro, 6M, black full warranty spotless carfax etc, so $41k is too much.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by IronJay View Post
    katie, thanks for the welcome! Would you happen to know does GM offer any kind of extended purchase warranty on these type of vehicles?
    Hi Ironjay,

Although it's hard for me to tell for sure without seeing these "Racing Vehicles" firsthand, as the warranties it may have would only be valid if the vehicle has all original GM performance parts. If you'd like me to investigate more, feel free to drop me an email anytime!

Best,

Katie

silversled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Sport Wagon
    These cars still have the "V-Lab" or "HPDE" stickers on the doors. They were most likely used for the V driving school at a racetrack like Monticello. I think they also had courses at other tracks as well. I just came back from Monticello a couple of months ago. We were exercising the antilocks half the day, pulling out of corners at full power, pulling consistent 1.00-1.25g, and getting on the diffs so hard that the diff cooler fans stayed on between sessions. The cars were driven like this the entire day. The courses are held 2-3 times a month from late spring to fall. I have no doubt the engine and half the drivetrain are fine; it's the rest of the car I'd be focusing on. I would definitively get a PPI. Expect all expendable items to possibly need service or replacement, including clutch, suspension parts with rubber bushing, and possibly MR Shocks. I would only consider buying one for dedicated track duty only. Having said that, they appeared to be well maintained. During the course, a couple of cars had issues. They were tagged with a written report and taken out of service for repair.

Hotrod-Realtor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I spoke to Freddy at the dealership that has these cars for sale. He said I could not move them from their lot for ANY reason including an inspection. He said they do not even allow test drives. Pay cash for the car and then you are free to do whatever you wish, until then you can just look. Also consider that you would need to figure out titling, insurance and registration unless you are a dealer. My state requires an inspection from the DMV before they would issue a title. That means roll back it to your DMV.
    At the end of the day I'm not sure it's a great deal. You know those cars may show 2,500 miles on the odometer but in real world driving, more like 25,000. Couple that with no warranty and a salvage branded title and resale is tough.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

then it looks like the selling dealer is screwed. Iron Jay. Keep your eyes peeled for clean low mileage V. Be patient, do your research, and look for private sellers and you will find the perfect V for yourself.

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I have to agree. Move on. This just smells like a racket. Can't even take it for an inspection? Find another car. Your mindset on these cars will make you regret buying it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor View Post
    I spoke to Freddy at the dealership that has these cars for sale. He said I could not move them from their lot for ANY reason including an inspection. He said they do not even allow test drives. Pay cash for the car and then you are free to do whatever you wish, until then you can just look. Also consider that you would need to figure out titling, insurance and registration unless you are a dealer. My state requires an inspection from the DMV before they would issue a title. That means roll back it to your DMV.
    At the end of the day I'm not sure it's a great deal. You know those cars may show 2,500 miles on the odometer but in real world driving, more like 25,000. Couple that with no warranty and a salvage branded title and resale is tough.
    Thats interesting because the guy I talked too said I could take any of them to Cadillac and run it thru an inspection before purchase.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.