Who should I contact?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who should I contact? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So, I need to know who I should contact and talk to about Cadillac buying my car back? Basically it ...
    Mhaynes772 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Who should I contact?

So, I need to know who I should contact and talk to about Cadillac buying my car back? Basically it has 1800 miles and has had numerous problems from leaking sunroof and water damaged headliner that's having to be replaced and much more. It's been in the shop for over a week. They attempted to give it back last week and when I went to pick it up, the sunroof wouldn't close and seat belts wouldn't retract. So I left it there. Then I updated the "My Cadillac" app yesterday on my phone and noticed they had driven my car 17 miles! I had them also change the oil and it went from 100% to 99%. Which leads me to believe they were dogging it in those 17 miles. When I went to the dealer and confronted them about they said they had to drive it down the interstate to test for wind noise on the sunroof. I don't want the car any longer. I don't want the problematic car. I've only had it a month and a half. I was already planning on trading it in September when my other car arrives, but I know the value is going to be dramatically lower on trade than usual with the service records on this. Who at Cadillac corporate or wherever do I need to contact?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Who should I contact?

No one?

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Research your State's Lemon Law, though it doesn't sound like you qualify with a sunroof leak and one attempt to fix. More a case of buyer's remorse based on what I'm reading, so trade or sell it.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

How many times has it been serviced? File a lemon law on it. Then GM Corp. will get the memo. You might get enough to offset the "diminished value" on it so you can trade in and break even or make a few bucks on it for your inconvenience.

It's been in once, but to me it's completely unacceptable to have 1800 miles on a car and have an interior that had water damage and a roof liner replaced. I'll contact my lawyer and see what I can do.

Maybe try another dealer? I'm pretty sure you have to let them service it 3 times before you file, but days in service are a factor as well. Your lawyer would know best though.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

You need to have some fault that has not been fixed after three tries at the same problem. For now you are just the average disgruntled customer.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaynes772 View Post
    It's been in once, but to me it's completely unacceptable to have 1800 miles on a car and have an interior that had water damage and a roof liner replaced. I'll contact my lawyer and see what I can do.
    If they are attempting to repair the car under warranty, then I don't see the issue. Also, test driving the car on the highway to verify that repair sounds reasonable to me.

17 miles is a bit much to "test" it, but that depends on how far away the highway is and how far between exits too.

Different states have different rules for lemon law. I'll check TN's. And the dealer is located directly off the exit and there is 3 miles between exits. 6 total to get there and back. They were joyriding. Also, there's a difference in warranty repair if the iPod connection doesn't work, or a seat rocks and it takes tightening a bolt to fix, or whatever. But a leaking sunroof with water damage on the headliner where the whole thing has to be replaced and sunroof resealed. Unacceptable to me. That diminishes the value bc if the next owner wants service records, I know I would move on to the next car.

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Per my original post; clear case of buyer's remorse. I challenge anybody to define one attempt at repair of a leaky sunroof (subsequently leading to a discolored headliner) as otherwise and short of further information by the OP.

Sell the car if you're unhappy at this early stage, but Cadillac should be under no obligation to buy your car back as you expect. Give reasonable opportunity to remedy the issue and then post back if your issue of leaking sunroof remains.
    stabie, stabie, Rockey and 1 others like this.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

so is your dealer fixing the roof and replacing the headliner? If they are you have no complaint for lemon law. Its a bummer I know but who cares if they fix it? Future buyers won't care if it was fixed correctly.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm really sorry to hear about your frustrations, Mhaynes772! Please feel free to private message or email me (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you'd like me to investigate contacts and next steps for you.

Like larry arizona (above), I'm interested as to the current status of your vehicle. Is your dealer currently attempting repair work?

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Dude, just get a new headliner and drive the car. It's not like your motor blew up or your door fell off.

A new headliner won't affect resale value... It is your car; Caddy ain't buying it back.
    stabie and stabie like this.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT
    Maybe they went 17 miles to guarantee you that you will be happy with your new car and not have any further complications and a possible happy customer...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.