Who should I contact? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who should I contact? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think it might be Q8 under a new User Name; no way does somebody think a replaced headliner goes ...
    DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Re: Who should I contact?

I think it might be Q8 under a new User Name; no way does somebody think a replaced headliner goes on the service record AND impacts value or potential buyer. An accident or bent frame ... yes, but not a relatively simple fix, so I think he's goofing on all of us.

Is that you Q8???

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Its hard to keep emotions out of car deals and issues. We all get upset, but keeping a level head will get you very far with dealers and repairs. Now nothing will cure buyers remorse until you take the pain of getting rid of it and take the loss. I am sure the dealer will fix it and OP will be satisfied with repair and will have a chance to fall in love with his V all over again.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

No it is not Q8.

but I agree, he needs to give cadillac a chance to make it right. If they don't, take it to a different dealer.

Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06

I know how you feel - it sucks - Cadillac could take my car back and it won't bother me a bit! I'll keep it a year then it's history - 90% (10% beneifit of the possibility that they do have some one that knows the car - or even cares! It seems that most Cadillac's service department's only have unknowledgeable people working on these cars - which actually puts you at risk after they work on them!

All the Tech want to do is drive the car not fix it - because they don't know or seem to care about the problems the car does have - Checy has the same issues with the ZR1 and Z06 - all the Tech wants to do is drive them - not fix them - I know because I own one - I now do 99% of my own work on the cars - not worth taking it to someone that could care less!

To date their Customer Service is use less - Katie is nice but nothing gets done! I've tried 3 times to contact CS and got nothing - it's either busy or no one answers if it rings - their as bad a AT&T - JD Powers CS results is BS! GM must have paid them off!

Why should a customer have to go to another dealer miles away from home because of POOR QUAILITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE - pure BS! The dealers represent Cadillac and if Cadillac doesn't want to control what they do - as the Brits would say - PISS OFF!

My goal until I sell this car is to tell everyone I know not to buy a GM product - expecially Cadillac! How Sad - all I wanted is what I paid for - nothing more!

BWhite58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe 6M

As far as them driving it . Its to bad we can record the throttle position data .

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just fyi often the OLM can go down from 100% to 99% very quickly ... not necessarily due to WOT or heavy throttle ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Agreed on the OLM dropping to 99% in like 10 miles. Its pretty fast. Always go with tech on test drive. Tell them NOT to drive it. If they want you to leave it too bad. Roof can be fixed in one day. If parts are not available tell them to call you when they are in. Drop off in am and pick up in aftenoon. Be clear on your expectations and hold the service adviser and service manager accountable. Be nice but clear and firm, they must respect that.
    theghost and theghost like this.

Mhaynes772 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Just to let y'all know. I have been very nice about everything. I went straight to the service manager and let them explain why it was driven so much. When he explained, I asked them to not drive it again without contacting me first if it's in for something in the first place that doesn't require driving.

I still completely disagree with the comments that it doesn't diminish the value. If I was buying the car and looked up service records and saw that it was worked on for leaking sunroof and had headliner replaced due to water stains, I would move on to the next car. I'll deal with it and just trade it when my new car is in. The car is great looking and is fun as hell to drive, but the quality is shit and it's starting to show.

p rao is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Sedan Black Diamond Edition

Everyone I've dealt with at the dealership where I purchased by 2011 BDE sedan (and the people at Cadillac) have been very accommodating to my issues. I have and will continue to recommend Caddies to antone who will listen. Have you called Cadillac and lodged the complaint? It appears the dealership is not representing Cadillac pursuant to their expectations. Every automaker runs into these types of problems (pissed off buyers and undependable dealerships).
    Overall, Cadillac provides the best bang for the buck and the best product from America that can compete with the world!! And, the Black Diamond Edition CTS V exemplifies that statement!!
    Good luck

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Maybe he's like this guy (read the note)?
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ingId=93378188

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

You think a leaky sunroof is bad, my car has this annoying problem where every 300 miles I have to stop and put more gas in the tank. This is costing a fortune and the problem does not appear to be getting any better. I called my dealer and they told me they would NOT cover it under warranty. I'm getting a lawyer.

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    My rear diff went out at 8k miles; shiz happens to every make and every model, but Cadillac should not be buying your car back based on one attempt at repair.

Only way to avoid such things is to ride the bus or walk. I'm not trying to be a wise-a**, but every indicator points to buyer's remorse. Man up and take responsibility for buying a car that didn't fit you. That means you take the hit on the sell and move on; no more drama.

If the leak remains with repeated fails at repair, then my argument falls flat.
    stabie and stabie like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors
    You think a leaky sunroof is bad, my car has this annoying problem where every 300 miles I have to stop and put more gas in the tank. This is costing a fortune and the problem does not appear to be getting any better. I called my dealer and they told me they would NOT cover it under warranty. I'm getting a lawyer.
    Damn Cadillac! DAMN THEM!!!

Mhaynes772 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Well picked up the car today. Everything is pretty much perfect. There is a rattle in the door and also a chunk of leather taken out of the passenger side dash, dunno how that happened, so I have to take it in next week to have that look at since I leave town in the A.M.

mhaynes,

Glad to hear your roof is fixed. I understand the disappointment and reaction, but you will love this car. Now get to modding it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.