Headlight sealing problem or no big deal? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Headlight sealing problem or no big deal? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by lowerd96 Ours is not drying up so that is why I asked to get it replaced. We've ...
    Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by lowerd96
    Ours is not drying up so that is why I asked to get it replaced. We've always had a little fog on the inside lower corners of the assemblies on cold nights, but that would clear up almost as soon as I would unlock the car when the lights came on. It's been like this for about two weeks and it doesn't seem like it's going to dry up anytime soon...I'll post the new part # and how the light holds up after install and a few more rain storms...
    Yeah. That's definitely a problem.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, that pic looks pretty bad. Mine is not that bad, not even close. We had fog last night and I got some fog inside. It's clear now...

tbreezy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a STS and was having a condensation problem then noticed that the condensation was not going away. The water is starting to pool at the bottom of the headlight. I went to the dealership and was told that the headlight assembly has to be replaced because the seal is leaking. I have a GM extended warranty and was also told this is NOT covered although I've seen several threads on this issue. I don't understand why GM will not replace if this is not a maintenance or wear and tear item. What other vehicles out there have leaky headlights and don't replace them when they are under warranty?!

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Headlight sealing problem or no big deal?

That's your dealer being jerks. Drop it off and order them to fix it under warranty...

Under the factory B2B, they will but if you have the GMPP that's one of the "exclusions". I have to agree it's ridiculous.

tbreezy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have the GMPP and called them and they concurred with the dealership by having me pay for it! I have a 07 with 60,000 miles so the bumper to bumper is long gone. They will replace it under the B2B warranty not extended warranty. I'm pissed because they know its a manufacturer defect and won't fix it! So I am looking for guidance on how to fix it myself.

Sadly, find the cheapest parts department you can find and swap it in the garage.

Fieldgoal00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any updates on this? I have '12 V WAGON with 5,000 miles and my headlights fog up alot also. Is there a fix under warranty or not?

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

YES. Mine have been replaced under warranty. My guy told me that if it's over 30% covered, and won't go away in 12 hours, they replace it. Mine was almost completely covered, so they replaced it and no problem since.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldgoal00 View Post
    Any updates on this? I have '12 V WAGON with 5,000 miles and my headlights fog up alot also. Is there a fix under warranty or not?
    yes it will be covered, dealer will be happy to do it too the headlight has a list cost of like $1300 or something like that

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

I believe that is normal and fine (the condensation).

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Mine was literally dripping wet inside, dealer swapped it out

EricVonHa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My headlights were fine on my V for the first 40k miles. Then, overnight or washing the car in varying sun/shade, the headlights would fog up. It was very evident on cool nights into the warm air of the morning as well.

The car had the CPO bumper to bumper warranty. The dealer pushed back on me at first. I countered as to how is it possible that GM's $70k flagship halo car had such an issue? The next visit-- they took care of replacing the headlights at no charge to me.

To the people with issues, the beams are sealed inside the housing and further protected with moisture. It will not harm the HID's whatsoever. The outer plastic shell is just that; a cosmetic shell only.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by EricVonHa View Post
    My headlights were fine on my V for the first 40k miles. Then, overnight or washing the car in varying sun/shade, the headlights would fog up. It was very evident on cool nights into the warm air of the morning as well.

The car had the CPO bumper to bumper warranty. The dealer pushed back on me at first. I countered as to how is it possible that GM's $70k flagship halo car had such an issue? The next visit-- they took care of replacing the headlights at no charge to me.

To the people with issues, the beams are sealed inside the housing and further protected with moisture. It will not harm the HID's whatsoever. The outer plastic shell is just that; a cosmetic shell only.
    I think it's pretty clear they don't care about the gen 2 CTS-V customers anymore. They've gotten the money they need from us and are moving onto the Gen 3 CTS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.