Headlight sealing problem or no big deal? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Headlight sealing problem or no big deal? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC They may show you the written policy by GM that there has to be standing water ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Headlight sealing problem or no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    They may show you the written policy by GM that there has to be standing water in the headlights, at least that's what they told me with my truck. Never seen standing water in the headlights, just vapor after it rains.
    check out the tail lights on any old grand am and you'll see standing water.

ctsVeteran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Diamond Tricoat '09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    i would ask them to replace the headlamp.

As I said, fog inside of the headlamp will now distort the projector beam.

If they refuse, call customer service, this is a 'safety problem' leading toward reduced visibility.

or just buy the car. That looks like a Blue Diamond Tricoat.

Very rare color.
    Im getting a REALLY good deal on the car. The kind of deal that doesnt really allow me to make demands of any sorts lol. But i have some original warranty + im buying the extended as well so i should be covered if it gets crazy out of hand.

Im sad to hear, but at the same time reassured this is a common occurrence.

It is Blue Diamond Tricoat. Looking at pictures seriously does not do this paint justice. It was almost a turn off when i looked at the pictures the dealer emailed me, but fell in love the moment i saw it in person.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I say get it don't let the headlight issue stop you. You'll be happy you got a V with a limited color.

I always say, when you buy used... you dont have a WHOLE lot to say on the color... especially when you looking at a car with production numbers at 2900' ish for North America!

But as luck would have it.. this is my second car in a row that has a rare color. Cant complain i guess lol.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsVeteran View Post
    But as luck would have it.. this is my second car in a row that has a rare color. Cant complain i guess lol.
    That's wonderful, ctsVeteran! I'm excited you're getting a good deal! Did you ever get a chance to discuss your headlamp concerns with the dealer yet, just to get their input? If you have any lingering questions, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'm happy to investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ctsVeteran View Post
    Im getting a REALLY good deal on the car. The kind of deal that doesnt really allow me to make demands of any sorts lol. But i have some original warranty + im buying the extended as well so i should be covered if it gets crazy out of hand.

Im sad to hear, but at the same time reassured this is a common occurrence.

It is Blue Diamond Tricoat. Looking at pictures seriously does not do this paint justice. It was almost a turn off when i looked at the pictures the dealer emailed me, but fell in love the moment i saw it in person.
    agreed. prior to OBM BDT was my favorite color. I've only seen it on an STS, and it broke my heart to find out that I would have to hunt down an 09 optioned how I wanted. It would have been impossible suffice to say, so I ended up with a BDT..and eventually ordered a OBM.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

That moisture won't be in the way of the beam when it's on. It rarely happens and I don't see the issue...

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

I had the same issue but only with the driver side. Car had 3200 miles. Sent my salesman a picture of it and they ordered a new one and had it installed 2 day's later.Now at 5000 miles and no moisture.

took the car out for another test drive tonight. Dealer had it parked inside a garage. Temperature was about 28F outside. I was out driving for maybe 45 minutes.

Once i came back to the dealer i parked it back inside and started looking the car over with a friend for maybe 15 minutes.

The windows and rear glass fogged up, sun roof as well but the headlights never fogged up or anything.

Might just be luck but it was reassuring.

lowerd96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

This happen to our headlamp assembly after the first real rain storm this year. I sent this pic to my parts buddy and he has a new assembly on order. He said there is an updated part # in the system so he was thinking it is a common problem...I was pretty bummed to see that happen on this type of car, but I am glad the fix is pretty hassle free...it's oil change time anyway, and they are going to install the "new" lugnuts to fix the clicking wheels too...3 birds with one stone!

akh
    akh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS 2011 CTS-V COUPE

Is this going to be one of those items that down the road that will be to be replaced when the warranty has run out and now we are on the hook for $$$$$ repair bill ?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Sure bet. Mine only does it after a good soaking and parking right in the garage with the residual engine heat in there.

houstonTT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are any 2012 owners having this issue? Seems if there is a new part number available then maybe the issue was solved and is no longer a problem on the 12's.....

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by houstonTT View Post
    Are any 2012 owners having this issue? Seems if there is a new part number available then maybe the issue was solved and is no longer a problem on the 12's.....
    yup, It just rained here in southern California and sure enough I saw the condensation forming inside. I love how this never happened on my $17k 2005 altima. Like many have mentioned I guess it's gonna be difficult to get it repaired

lowerd96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Ours is not drying up so that is why I asked to get it replaced. We've always had a little fog on the inside lower corners of the assemblies on cold nights, but that would clear up almost as soon as I would unlock the car when the lights came on. It's been like this for about two weeks and it doesn't seem like it's going to dry up anytime soon...I'll post the new part # and how the light holds up after install and a few more rain storms...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.