Ordered the Borla Sport exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordered the Borla Sport exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just ordered the Borla sport exhaust and hope it's not too loud.... I wanted the deep sound and from what ...
    flatrockguy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Ordered the Borla Sport exhaust

Just ordered the Borla sport exhaust and hope it's not too loud.... I wanted the deep sound and from what I heard online the Borla seems to be the one, I HOPE.. Vtwin how do you like yours?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gevvvvv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Ordered the Borla Sport exhaust

I've got it on mine and as soon as my GoPro gets here next week I'll put up some videos. It's definitely a lot louder than stock but not to an annoying level. It's very poised and you can barely tell it's got an aftermarket exhaust while driving around town. Once you get on it you can really hear the V8 and blower sing.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by gevvvvv View Post
    I've got it on mine and as soon as my GoPro gets here next week I'll put up some videos. It's definitely a lot louder than stock but not to an annoying level. It's very poised and you can barely tell it's got an aftermarket exhaust while driving around town. Once you get on it you can really hear the V8 and blower sing.
    i'd be interested in what you think of it too. When I was talking to Hennessey and he said of all the performance packages they've installed, but he said almost every customer that's gotten the exhaust has said it's too loud for a Caddy and gone back to stock exhaust.

Bufflex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe 2011

any drone?

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

I've had Borlas on other sports cars before and loved them, but I am also not wanting a super loud exhaust on my V.

Seems like the Corsa Touring is the quiet/throaty choice, which is what I'm looking for.

If someone can tell me how to replicate the sound of an AMG 6.3 exhaust, I'll buy that system.

I'm curious how the OP likes the Borla once he installs it.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    I've had Borlas on other sports cars before and loved them, but I am also not wanting a super loud exhaust on my V.

Seems like the Corsa Touring is the quiet/throaty choice, which is what I'm looking for.

If someone can tell me how to replicate the sound of an AMG 6.3 exhaust, I'll buy that system.

I'm curious how the OP likes the Borla once he installs it.
    an old coworker of mine had an aston martin vantage, and i was surprised how good his V8 sounded. almost somewhere between a murcielago and muscle car. i think that shorter stroke has something to do with it too. sometimes one engine just won't sound like another with the same exhaust, even with the same configuration.

bad thing is trying to guess what the exhaust sounds like and not knowing until you've spent the time/$ installing it.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Best exhaust I have ever heard and I have heard them all! Not too quiet, not too loud. Perfect tone!

You made a very wise choice!

I have a V Coupe though. It is quieter on the V Sedan. I had Borlas on my V Sedan and my current V Coupe.

flatrockguy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Can't wait to see the box on the front porch! The car is awsome it just needs a meaner growl!

Bufflex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    Best exhaust I have ever heard and I have heard them all! Not too quiet, not too loud. Perfect tone!

You made a very wise choice!

I have a V Coupe though. It is quieter on the V Sedan. I had Borlas on my V Sedan and my current V Coupe.
    does it drone? my KPE drones like hell and im looking for a different catback. Borla is my first option but it all depends on the drone factor.

theghost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2011 AWD Turbo SRX

I have the Borla X-pipe with the Touring axle backs -- I love the muffler's (looks waaaay' better w/ separate mufflers on each side and sounds like a V-8 should), with no drone at any RPM. However, I've experienced a major issue with the L/H muffler, its sadly defective!!! It's only the L/H muffler ( drivers side ) and from Borla its a random type issue. Some have the issue and some dont. --- they are very aware of the problem and re-designing it by fixing the tubing inside the muffler; Making the bend in the tubing more like a U and stretched out so it will not hit the back plate of the muffler causing the rattle... such an obnoxious rattling sound. I have lots of video of it ; (cold start , at temp. , etc.. ). I've ran Borla on the last 4 vehicles and love their product and happy they have a remedy for it. Just such a pain to swap out (time consuming). This will be the 3rd muffler after the new design is received; but have faith that the 3rd time is a charm!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I like the Borla sound but ALWAYS hate their tips. They are like trumpet tips. I have a B&B going in this Friday.

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have the corsa sport axle back, easy install, look great. But I find myself driving the pop out of it.

My v1 with corsa was nothing short of perfect. So that's why I chose these for my v2. At idle it sounds good but not great like my v1. Too much pop between shifts and on deaccel.

Thinking of making a change...possibly grabbing another v1...for fun! Not that I would let go of my v2...

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    I have the corsa sport axle back, easy install, look great. But I find myself driving the pop out of it.

My v1 with corsa was nothing short of perfect. So that's why I chose these for my v2. At idle it sounds good but not great like my v1. Too much pop between shifts and on deaccel.
    What do you mean "too much pop" and you're "driving the pop out of it"?? The noise burbles & pops? How do you drive the pop out of it?

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Keep the revs up and no big pops. Even shifting between gears throws a rather loud pop unless you keep the revs up.

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Ive got the Borla touring axle backs, must say i was a little disappointed, they do drone quite a lot, especially around 1800-2500 rpm .. am thinking of changing them for something else

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.