2013 BMW M5 vs 2012 Cts-V *Video* - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2013 BMW M5 vs 2012 Cts-V *Video* in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by visualguy How could your neighbor get it already? BMW is starting production on US-spec M5 cars only ...
    Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2013 BMW M5 vs 2012 Cts-V *Video*

Quote Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
    How could your neighbor get it already? BMW is starting production on US-spec M5 cars only now.
    My neighbor works in Woodcliff Lake NJ - connect the dots... lol

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2 View Post

BMW has a mind of there own while all car companys switching to front wheel drive pos cars BMW has never made a fwd car even for Europe I like how they believe in what a car should be.
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/25/ne...rive-vehicles/

Last time I check, the BMW design/developed Mini is also FWD...

LOL - inset foot in mouth... weren't you leaving BTW...?

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Both cars are nice cars in all honesty. It all depends on what you want and what your willing to pay. The real cost factor on these two cars comes after warranty is expired. That "M" car I'm sure is going to cost you more to maintain in the event of any issues.
    ^ This. Just dropped >$3k on my wife's out of warranty Q7 this month for a new bluetooth module and brakes (wear item, so not entirely fair to include). I'm not big on BMW's new boring/bloated design direction, as soon as I read that they artificially create engine noise in the M5 using the audio system, I was out. I don't care how good the car is, that right there points to a serious marketing compromise by the engineers.

I really wanted an AMG, but I've had Mercs before and remember the wallet pain of Service B (which is supposedly required to maintain warranty coverage ... debatable, but the effort of arguing with the dealer almost isn't worth it). Local dealer wouldn't quote me for Service A or Service B prices over the phone on an AMG. Which I found very odd. But he also let it slip that Service A is required every 5000 miles on AMG cars? Seemed fishy, but that was enough to scare me off.

Convincing the wife that I need a 110k super sedan that gets 16mpg of 91oct is one thing. Convincing her that this same car will also cost a couple thousand in scheduled maintenance would be a miracle.

I have a hard time stating this with a straight face, but after the AMG, the CTS-V almost seemed economical.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

CTS-V

The nissan Versa of Super Sedans lol.
    ecorpuz12 and ecorpuz12 like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2

No man the M5 and M3 have always had manual transmission even before the V.

BMW and mercs have been in rivalry for about a hundred years many cars have come and went but they still at each other throats trying to out do each other.

BMW has a mind of there own while all car companys switching to front wheel drive pos cars BMW has never made a fwd car even for Europe I like how they believe in what a car should be.

I personally prefer to buy another V but not this V even better a Chevrolet version of this v i like chevy styling better than cadillac.
    No. When BMW released the E60 M5 in America, it was going to be SMG only, like the rest of the world. The outcry from purists here forced BMW to add a manual option.

As for Mercedes and BMW being rivals for a hundred years, Cadillac was the standard of the world before BMW ever existed. As for BMW having a mind of its own, why are they making 5 series cars that are more luxury, less sport? Same for the 6. They're going for more mass market.

Cadillac is quickly swooping in to capture the title of world's best handling sedans.

As for you thinking BMW doesn't even think about Cadillac...YOU bought one, sucker. You are the reason BMW is wary of Cadillac. YOU! hahahahaha

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Why is it when some decide to leave the forum they choose to go down in flames instead just saying bye and leaving with respect?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

God this thread has devolved.

IBTL

With that said:

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    CTS-V

The nissan Versa of Super Sedans lol.
    That gave me a nice belly laugh, which I really needed today. Thanks man!

(I drove a Versa as a rental the last time I was on the West Coast, what a POS....I could not wait to get back to my V, waiting patiently at the Cleveland airport for my return.)
    Houdini and Houdini like this.

Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    My neighbor works in Woodcliff Lake NJ - connect the dots... lol
    Makes sense now lol. Don't they have a big corporate office there? I know either Bentley or rolls does. That's close to me and I always see pre-production BMW's audi's and even mini's sometimes. Saw a countryman at work before it was released.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2 View Post
    I will reply to same way I was talked to..but I agree Let's keep it clean gentlemen
    Go back and read his posts. He didnt come close to insulting you. Youre mad at your V and trying to take it out on owners who are happy with their cars. Do what you promised, please.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Ergonomics is pretty much there imo. The interior could be a tad better, but did you see how big the center console in the F10 is? It's not exactly setup for a manual trans, that was sort of a last-minuite thought. Also, material quality is high in the germans, but do you honestly prefer their design? Seems like giant slabs of flat land-mass to me. I'd take the curves of the ATS or CTS over that tyvm, or at least Audi's approach of something inbetween. What BMW and Mercedes are doing is very cold and stale by comparison IMO.
    This. Id love a higher quality interior, but the BMW interior is cold, uninviting. Unusual lines inside with such timeless beauty on the outside makes me wonder if their designers ever conversed.

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

went to BMW today the first batch has been all sold next batch comming in october maybe end of september they have all been reserved except one which is white with dark red interiour... I wanted black with black interior.. So he says we can special order it for you but it will take 6 months or more as there is a world wide waiting list a mile long so I have choice white one in 3 or 4 months or place an order and wait minimum 6 -8 months

I took a few pics of one which is sold also but they told the buyer that it has to be in the showroom for a month hahaha

Car is BEUTIFULL the seats are huge and very confertable plenty of side support this one is a special edition M5 individual I'll upload more pics

Check out that camera on the side of the bumper what the hell is that for

Duel intercoolers just before entering the TB

Duel heat exchangers one on each side

Ok this is my FAVORIT pic look at that trans cooler it is built rite on the lower engin cover where the plastic under cover supposed to be it is now all trans cooler not some plastic cover

Very classy interior

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Check out that camera on the side of the bumper what the hell is that for
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzf8mPFBh0

Thanks for the photos btw! She certinally does look orgasmic.

That Individual paint job must have cost several shiny pennies!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.