oil - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, oil in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Amsoil 0-30 Sig...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: oil

Amsoil 0-30 Sig

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Walmart Super Tech fully synthetic when the reminder goes off.
    I'm calling bullshit
    :P

I use Mobil 1 extended performance, mostly because it's licensed and partially because it's available everywhere
    Havasusteve and Havasusteve like this.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Not jumping into the oil debate, but for those interested in trying the AMSOIL mentioned above, more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Drop me a PM if interested.

FYI, here are AMSOIL's 30 grade top tier oils:
    AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 0w30 (Product Code AZOQT)
    AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT)

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

When I first bought my 2002 Z28 LS1, I was using the recommended oil and the first oil test came back saying the oil tested thin (they noted excess wear in many areas) and I should consider switching to a heavier weight oil. I was using 5W-30, as recommended. I started reading and switched to German Castrol Syntec 0W-30. I have used it in all 3 LSx cars I have owned. I do regular oil tests, and I have always gotten outstanding results with this oil. If you really want to learn about oil head over to bobistheoilguy.com. That being said, I think any good synthetic is probably fine as long as you change it regularly. I believe the whole dexos thing is marketing BS but that is for another thread....
    Havasusteve and Havasusteve like this.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    When I first bought my 2002 Z28 LS1, I was using the recommended oil and the first oil test came back saying the oil tested thin (they noted excess wear in many areas) and I should consider switching to a heavier weight oil. I was using 5W-30, as recommended. I started reading and switched to German Castrol Syntec 0W-30. I have used it in all 3 LSx cars I have owned. I do regular oil tests, and I have always gotten outstanding results with this oil. If you really want to learn about oil head over to bobistheoilguy.com. That being said, I think any good synthetic is probably fine as long as you change it regularly. I believe the whole dexos thing is marketing BS but that is for another thread....
    Good choice! I always see people praise GC on BITOG for LS motors with oil-consumption problems.
    As soon as I have 15-20K( just enough to make sure nothing will go bad) on the odo I'll be switching to GC30W or M1 0W40.

I've always liked the M1 stuff, it's thin for a 40 W (where GC is thick for a 30W) , and Napa has started to sell it in the 5 quart jugs recently *drool*
    Plus I could buy it in bulk and use it for the A6 too.
    I have to drive into P-town to get the GC @ pepboys (if they even still carry it)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.