Does anyones radio NOT come back on when you start the car???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Does anyones radio NOT come back on when you start the car??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The problem: If I am listening to my radio/CD/XM or HDD and I turn off the ignition while my radio ...
    FeFe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

Angry Does anyones radio NOT come back on when you start the car???

The problem:

If I am listening to my radio/CD/XM or HDD and I turn off the ignition while my radio is still on and jump out the car to run into the store (less then 15-20 min) when I start the ignition again the radio display screen comes on but NO sound out the speakers - after a few seconds the display sceen shuts off and then I have to press the power button no less than 3 times and up to 12 for the display screen AND audio to kick in. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times and they swear they can't find the problem.

Please help...I'm a Cadi girl... and I love my CTS. This radio issue is frustrating

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels

Re: Does anyones radio NOT come back on when you start the car???

It sounds like this sort of issue can be caused by a loose connection in the fuse block in the back of the car by the battery. The upper portion of the fuse block there is a big connector with a bolt in it. It sounds like there are two designs and it changed in 2009. If the dealer isn't helping and you want to give it a look yourself, you just have to take the battery door off in the trunk. The fuse block and connector are right above the battery. One connector design, the bolt spins freely when tight, however the other design has a torque spec and you can break things by over tightening. Don't exceed 35 in-lbs if you try to tighten it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

FeFe,

I'm sorry that you're so frustrated with your CTS (particularly the radio), and can understand that three trips to the dealership for the same concern without a resolution would only add to any frustration you already had. If you would like for us to follow up with your dealership on this, please send us a private message with your name, phone, address, the last 8 of your VIN, current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

If you were going to look into the fuses as mentioned by V Wagon, your manual does have a section on the electrical system beginning on page 5-114 that provides fuse diagrams and other information.

I hope we're able to get this resolved for you soon!
    Sarah (In for Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

I'd take Katie up on her offer. It sounds to me like the entire unit should come out and a new one go in, but there isn't going to be any test that is going to show particularly what the problem is. I hope that some engineer can fix this for you.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I have heard of an issue where the radio won't power up after a restart. I believe it was traced to a loose wire under the driver's seat. Doesn't sound like the same issue as yours powers up. Could still be a bad connection or ground I guess. Sounds more like a problem with the head unit (Radio)

jonesma47 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello. I have the exactly the same problem with my 2009 CTS sedan. The car has less than 30K miles. I've had the car for almost 2 years and this has been
    going on for at least a year and a half. I only wished that I had taken the car to the dealer before the warranty expired. The crazy thing is that the problem
    always resolves itself. That is, it is a sporadic event and always goes away after parking for awhile. I have been searching for a solution; hoping for some sort of
    way to reset the system while continuing on my journey. Thanks for your post. At least I know that I'm not the only one!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesma47 View Post
    Hello. I have the exactly the same problem with my 2009 CTS sedan. The car has less than 30K miles. I've had the car for almost 2 years and this has been
    going on for at least a year and a half. I only wished that I had taken the car to the dealer before the warranty expired. The crazy thing is that the problem
    always resolves itself. That is, it is a sporadic event and always goes away after parking for awhile. I have been searching for a solution; hoping for some sort of
    way to reset the system while continuing on my journey. Thanks for your post. At least I know that I'm not the only one!
    Hello jonesma47,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your radio not coming on when you start the vehicle back up. If you would like any assistance setting up an appointment and working with a dealership to look further into this concern, please feel free to private message me or send me and email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.