key issues :
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 6 Post By FLTRI
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, key issues : in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ive lost my primary key [1], and when i walk up to the car with the second key [2] the ...
    Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

key issues :

Ive lost my primary key [1], and when i walk up to the car with the second key [2] the car wont recognize the key, it wont unlock the doors or even pop the trunk. well i thought its just a batterey in the key, so i bought a pack of new key battereys cr2032 and changed it. It still does nothing to the car.
    ive read about the slot in the centre console that you slide the key into, but it effects nothing, maybe im doing it wrong or sothing because my owners manual is in french so i can just barely understand it.

a little advice from other owners would help, thanks fellas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

Re: key issues :

You can download an english version of the owners manual online (just do a search). Are you sure the lost key is not sitting somewhere in the car seat floor. I think it sets up for the first key seen. Although, it should beep a few times if key is left inside (if that warning is enabled).

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

turns out the key was under the drivers seat and the nav screne was still up, which leads me to believe i was not the last driver... i think one of my friends may have taken my car for a cruise while i was at work and returned it with the nav still on, which drained the batterey to the point of no key response.

well i found my key, i need a boost now, to head straight to the suspects house.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

And hide your key in the future. I think I'd have a rather unpleasant conversation with my Friend, as well...

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Let us know who the perp was along with any other actors.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

What... Lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.