So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I found a dealer close that has a 2013 V on order as a stock vehicle. When I showed interest, ...
  1. #1
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    203

    So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    I found a dealer close that has a 2013 V on order as a stock vehicle. When I showed interest, the dealer changed the specs to what I wanted. We are in agreement on trade. Just got an email from them with a build date in July. All sounds good. However, something keeps nagging at me. This is the last year of the current gen CTS. Am I going to be kicking myself in a year when something new comes out? Will a new V even come out next year or will they take time off to redesign like some manufacturers do? Loved my 2010 and really looking forward to the 13. Just don't want to have regret after spending 70 g's. Any thoughts or advice?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    CoppeR's Avatar
    CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    213

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Im doing the same. But I will order a 2013 to my specs. I figure they wont come out with a V until 2015 model year and there is some noise GM may not make a coupe. So this may be my last chance to get a new Thunder Grey V coupe.
    If ur looking for a sedan I guess u can wait....

  4. #3
    nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    430

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    I'm was thinking the same but I think they will release the V (sedan anyways) when the redesign comes out late next year. With all the rumoured tech gadget updates, seems like it should be a big jump forward.

  5. #4
    baabootoo's Avatar
    baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    3,283

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    There'll always be the future, so I say pull the trigger buddy.....

  6. #5
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    203

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Thanks guys. The 13 on order is now to my specs. Your right about the future too. I'm not concerned about the tech stuff. It's a major turn off for me with BMW. My only concern was a large power increase or improved looks.

  7. #6
    CoppeR's Avatar
    CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    213

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Plus u want to wait at least one year for the 2014's to work out the bugs.

  8. #7
    DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    151

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Bugs in the first year of production is something I wouldn't be too concerned with. My 09 sedan has very few of the bugs that others report with their 2010 and 2011 and I think this is due to the build quality, assembly line and workers attitude. Plus, warranty takes care of many things post sale.

    That being said, I wouldn't wait...I couldn't wait! 2 years to get into one of these cars is an eternity!

  9. #8
    amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sunbright, TN
    Posts
    1,261

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    I would take the last year over a first year.
    But.
    If you are "Keeping up with the Joneses".
    You may need to wait for the latest new deal.

  10. #9
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    203

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    I agree with everyone's assesment. I will stay with the 13 order. If I have to have the newest then I will trade in 3 years.... Thanks everyone! Oh, and if my car is scheduled to be built the week of 7-14, when should I expect to have it delivered???

  11. #10
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,283

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Congratulations, Taken! I recommend consulting with your dealership for your order delivery estimates, and I'm also available to give you updates once your order is in progress (I would need your name and order number to research). Feel free to send me a private message if you have any remaining questions or concerns in the meantime!

    Best,

    Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

  12. #11
    GM-4-LIFE's Avatar
    GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,677

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    You made a wise decision! I am most likely going to order a 2013 V Coupe being the last year of this body style which I really like! My current lease ends in February, so I will be putting in an order for mine in early January most likely. Are you ordering a V Coupe, Sedan or Wagon?

  13. #12
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    203

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Sedan....

  14. #13
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    354

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I agree with everyone's assesment. I will stay with the 13 order. If I have to have the newest then I will trade in 3 years.... Thanks everyone! Oh, and if my car is scheduled to be built the week of 7-14, when should I expect to have it delivered???
    I would guess 6-8 weeks starting from the week after it's built. Your location will also have some impact on the delivery date.

  15. #14
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    203

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I would guess 6-8 weeks starting from the week after it's built. Your location will also have some impact on the delivery date.
    That makes absolutely no sense. 6-8 weeks from the date it's ordered. 6-8 weeks after it's built? Maybe if you live in Europe. I've ordered 5 new cars in the last 4 years. Always 6-8 weeks from order to delivery.

  16. #15
    Airfoto's Avatar
    Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SoCAL
    Posts
    98

    Re: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

    You did the smart thing and ordered exactly what you wanted and your goin enjoy it!!!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting