Songs on the HDD Skipping?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Songs on the HDD Skipping? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi Guys, I picked up a used '09 a few weeks ago and after loading all of my songs onto ...
    Scooter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Songs on the HDD Skipping?

Hi Guys, I picked up a used '09 a few weeks ago and after loading all of my songs onto the HDD, I've noticed that every once and a while a song will skip a second or so. It's happened a few times already and never on the same song. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nastyctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

Re: Songs on the HDD Skipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Hi Guys, I picked up a used '09 a few weeks ago and after loading all of my songs onto the HDD, I've noticed that every once and a while a song will skip a second or so. It's happened a few times already and never on the same song. Anyone else have this problem?
    Nope, no issues on mine.

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyctsv View Post
    Nope, no issues on mine.
    same here

Unclemelty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
    No issues here either

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Just transferred around 400 songs to my HDD using a memory stick. Every so often a song will just stop in the middle and jump to the next song in the playlist. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the issue either. Wish I knew why.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cvs View Post
    Just transferred around 400 songs to my HDD using a memory stick. Every so often a song will just stop in the middle and jump to the next song in the playlist. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the issue either. Wish I knew why.
    This exact same thing happens to me using my ipod plugged into my Camaro through the usb port. Every once in a while a song will play for a few seconds, then it skips to the next song. If I hit the back button, it will go back and play the entire song. It's weird.

js615 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V (previously '05 CTS-V), '11 SRX

My V too, is doing fine, however, we had multiple repeat issues with the system in my wife's SRX (iirc, it's the same basic building blocks of system, only software is the major difference). not only did we have skipping of parts of the song, but it would lose playlist memory and also forget what song was last playing off the hard drive in between the last time it was powered on. Annoying to say the least.

They initially updated the software to the newest release, then updated it the second time it happened. On the third time, they replaced the NAV head unit. On the fourth time, they determined via TSB that there was a malfunction occurring in the hard drive/main control unit (the HD is in one box with the main control if I understood them correctly). Long story short - they replaced the HD/Control box and we've had no issues since. I have no idea if the SRX TSB for the issue extends to the CTS or not, but it might be worth having your local Caddy shop look it up. Unfortunately, they did not list the TSB # on the service ticket.

Hope this helps.
    J.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.