Ever use Turn By Turn?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ever use Turn By Turn? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Instead of the Nav System? I sent an address from my iPhone, via OnStar Remote Link, to the car yesterday. ...
    FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Thumbs up Ever use Turn By Turn?

Instead of the Nav System?

I sent an address from my iPhone, via OnStar Remote Link, to the car yesterday. I accidentally hit "Send to Turn By Turn" rather than "Send to In Dash Nav."

It's pretty cool, actually. It uses the DIC to show your turns, distance to turn, and street names. I went off the suggested route once, and instead of automatically recalculating like the Nav does, you get a voice prompt, "Yes, No or Cancel" and you respond verbally. Worked perfectly, and is nice if you want your Nav doing something else, or are one of those guys that don't like the Nav screen raised...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Re: Ever use Turn By Turn?

Glad you had a good experience with it. I always considered it the old farts' way to navigate (I know, I'm an old fart). I guess that's because I was an Air Force navigator in a former life and like the map display.

Jud
    Jud

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)
    Just tried it tonight. It's a pretty good alternative to the nav system.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for the feedback, FLTRI! Glad you're enjoying the Turn By Turn Navigation, and if you ever have questions about your Navigation system please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

xmaciek82x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You can send address via phone to the navigation?

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by xmaciek82x View Post
    Yes, that's what I had been doing. I sent the address to turn by turn accidentally, and was surprised it worked. I had incorrectly assumed turn by turn was only for cars without a nav system...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I use turn X turn more often than the in-dash nav these days. That's not saying a lot since I don't use either that often though.

I find that turn-by turn, being a cloud based program, has more accurate map data and less non-sensical routes.

iphone only afaik.

. I had incorrectly assumed turn by turn was only for cars without a nav system...
    any car with a recent generation of onstar has turn by turn capability, My 09 G8 GT had turn-by turn nav, with directions in the DIC too.

the subscription that includes it however is $100/year more than the regular subscription.

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

I've used it too, and I really liked it. I still mostly use the nav system, but occassionally if I don't want the screen up, I find that it works very nicely.

xmaciek82x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok, so one more dumb question. You need to pay for onstar to have this right?

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by xmaciek82x View Post
    Ok, so one more dumb question. You need to pay for onstar to have this right?
    Yes.

Thunder Gray STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater
    I use turn X turn more often than the in-dash nav these days. That's not saying a lot since I don't use either that often though.

I find that turn-by turn, being a cloud based program, has more accurate map data and less non-sensical routes.

iphone only afaik.

any car with a recent generation of onstar has turn by turn capability, My 09 G8 GT had turn-by turn nav, with directions in the DIC too.

the subscription that includes it however is $100/year more than the regular subscription.
    It's not iPhone only. I have an Android and sending to the Nav works for me.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The turn-by-turn works well, but does not use the traffic feature, and won't re-route around traffic, either. I often use the OnStar to get an address not in the database or address book, or when I'm driving and one is locked out, but I always have it sent to the Nav unit. One can also save the destination to the address book easily this way, too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.