Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN It could have been any number of reasons why the car pulled hard to the right. ...
    SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN
    It could have been any number of reasons why the car pulled hard to the right. Oh well.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I really do appreciate it!

Body shop just called...damage is between $12K to $15K!!!! It's a lot worse than it looks. They told me that it will be better than new when they are done with it. They are ordering parts today and should have everything late this week or early next week. Everything is going forward WAY faster than I thought it would. I thought my car would be in the shop for at least a month. Looks like it may be in the shop for less than two weeks.

Can't wait to get it back. After driving several CTS-V's over the years and then driving a Chevy Malibu, I really appreciate my car. You don't know what you have until it's gone.
    Hey - I have a Chevy Malibu.

It's a 66 Malibu Chevelle though. haha!

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

Re: Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here...

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    Really glad you are OK! Did the air-bag(s) pop?

Rob
    No airbags deployed during the accident. I don't think I was going fast enough for airbags to have deployed or maybe I didn't hit the airbag sensor, but everything else behind the bumper took a hit.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Sorry to see and hear about it. Glad you are ok.

Thanks Karch! I am fine. Car did it's job protecting me and I couldn't be more thankful.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Glad to hear you are okay. Dollar amount is about right from the photos. Most of this is bolt on items so shouldn't take too long to repair. Paint matching will be the most critical thing to inspect when finished. Go over very carefully to see how well the blending is done. If not perfect, it will become obvious as time goes by.

Total preliminary estimate right now without any supplementals or incidentals that may arise once they have it fully apart is: $12,619.29. Body shop said that the entire front end will have to be painted and the doors will have to be blended in to ensure a perfect match. This shop is amazing at matching metallics. They have done work for me in the past and their paint match has always been perfect. They are very meticulous and if it doesn't meet their standards, they will re-do it until its perfect. I am really not worried, but I will look at the car from all angles in the sun to make sure it is no different than factory. My lease ends this coming February, so it's not like I am stuck with the car.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

First off, I'm glad you are ok and avoided further damage or of course injury. Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    What is involved for that estimate??
    I had a similar incident 2 years ago, hit a car in front of me doing no more than 10 mph and was less damage than yours. They will replace the entire hood, which is very expensive (all aluminum), replace the entire front clip which is a chore (lot of other moldings have to come off first), straighten out the radiator support and replace the mesh and of course any other smaller pieces involved. My bill was over 4k and that was cheap as I know the body shop guys and I didn't turn it in to insurance. So my guess to fix yours along with the wheel refinish, you are looking at 6k minimum, maybe even 7 or 8.

But good luck, hope they match the paint and you get it back quickly.

Edit: Oh damn, 12k? Just saw your post.

Almost $13K! A lot of things got damaged behind the front bumper and that added a lot to the cost in terms of parts and labor. Yeah, it could have been worse injury wise. I am ok, thank god. I will most likely get a 2013 V Coupe when I turn this one back in at lease end.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think part of the airbag modules programming is to disable airbags under 20mph or 25mph (i think... don't quote me on that)

i don't think you need to hit the impact sensor either ... i'm pretty sure they are gyros or something

anywho, let me just be another to say 'wow, glad you're ok'
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks Chris. Yes, by the time my car had impacted the mini-van, I was going maybe 10 MPH or around there. I wasn't going fast at all. If the mini-van didn't have a huge metal bike rack pole on the back of his car, I don't think there would have been any other damage other than the front bumper.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    Thanks Chris. Yes, by the time my car had impacted the mini-van, I was going maybe 10 MPH or around there. I wasn't going fast at all. If the mini-van didn't have a huge metal bike rack pole on the back of his car, I don't think there would have been any other damage other than the front bumper.
    Since 99% of the damage is from the bike rack. I must ask, were there any bikes on it? If not, have your insurance company look into your state/local laws for products such as that and their being attached to the car while not in use.

This is assuming you received a ticket due to the fact you hit the rear of the car in front of you. Where most states, if not every where around the world, the person who hit from behind is at fault. BUT, if this bike rack wasn't there, you could of sustained a little scratch or dent in the front bumper. Know what I mean?

KOT

There weren't any bikes on the bike rack. It was a heavy duty Yakima bike rack pole. I didn't receive a ticket for the accident. Highway Patrol came out, but didn't take a report because nobody complained of any injuries. My insurance company said that when you rear end someone, it is your fault as I didn't keep a safe distance. This is my first at fault accident in my entire life. Been driving 20 years and have never been at fault for an accident. Oh well.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Police seem to be trending towards not assigning fault in accidents. When I got sideswiped, I asked the officer who she was determining at fault, and she said she wasn't, that it was up to the insurance companies to work out.

Very true. Highway Patrol Officer didn't really care to determine fault. He just said exchange insurance information. It was a 4 car pile-up, so in this case, the guy in the very front is the winner.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Dang dude, not sure how I missed this thread but as everyone has said--glad you're OK, that's most important.

Cars & "things" can be replaced; people cannot! Cheers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.