Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Sorry to hear. On the other hand, any accident you can walk away from......
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Crashed my V Coupe...Pics here...

Sorry to hear. On the other hand, any accident you can walk away from...

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Just glad to hear you're OK! As you say, it could have been a whole lot worse. Hope they can put the car back so it's as good as new.

Best regards,

Elie

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes, I am ok. Just a bit sore. I am sure I will be feeling the effects in the next few days.

I have a Chevy Malibu as a rental. Body Shop said around two weeks and I took it to the best body shop around. They do a lot of custom stuff, have been around for over 40 years and I am confident my car is in great hands. I have used them over the past 10 years for various things and have referred over family and friends and everyone has been very happy with their work. Their paint work is better than factory and their collision guys are second to none. They just repaired a black diamond V wagon a couple weeks ago and they were able to flawlessly match the paint, so I am not worried at all. I know the owner of the shop and he is a great guy to work with.

I am really not sure why the car pulled hard to the right when I slammed on the brake pedal. I don't think I have ever applied that much force to the brake pedal. I felt ABS kick in, but I have never had that hard pulling feeling ever happen to me. Oh well. What can I do? Damage is already done.

Both front tires were replaced as a pair before I replaced the wheel. I got the pair off ebay as I got a great deal on them, but I don't think the pulling feeling was a result of the tires. Seemed like everything kicked in at the same time, but I just didn't have the space in that split second. I mean, I saw the pile up ahead of me and tried to avoid it and this time, I just couldn't. I have been able to avoid situations like this time and time again.

You guys all made me feel much better. Yes, it's just a car, but a very special one to me. I love the car more than I have ever loved a car before. It's the best car I have ever owned and it protected me when it really mattered. I guess I am happy that it is a lease, because if it were a purchase, I would be so damn mad right now.

I would really like to thank GM and Cadillac for building such an amazing and SAFE machine.

My insurance company has been great to work with. I filed the claim about 30 minutes after the accident which was around noon today. Within an hour, the Claims adjuster contacted and was really nice and very sympathetic to what happened. Right after I spoke to her, the field adjuster was ready to come out and look at the car at the shop. I have never seen a field adjuster wanting to go out and look at the car the SAME DAY as the accident to get me taken care of and the repairs started. I mean, I hadn't even had a chance to drop the car off at the body shop. Insurance company notified rental car company of the accident, who in turn also contacted me right away to let me know that they already had a car waiting for me once I dropped my car off. They have been absolutely amazing in this frustrating time. I have had really great luck with AAA. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Thanks again, guys.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I picked the right day to work from home. My assistant rear ended someone yesterday afternoon on the101 N.

Good luck with the repair. Did you go to Precision?

I always go to Doug's Custom in Chatsworth. I don't think I have ever seen better quality work from any shop. They really are the best. You should see the Harley fuel tank they just did for a Los Angeles Lakers charity event. Simply amazing! They do lots of custom muscle car restorations, tons of custom Harley paint work, so my car is a piece of cake for them to handle.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Phew! I was nervous when I first opened the thread. That doesn't look bad at all. And glad to hear you're OK...

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

FWIW I experienced something similar when I had to stop hard from high speed once. When I got on the brakes very hard, the front brakes worked so well that the rear end got light and started wiggling. I had to let off the brakes to let it settle then get back on them hard again. That was pretty scary, it could have gone very badly at that point. I didn't even feel the ABS which just means that the tires had a lot of grip and the braking force generated by those huge front calipers is absolutely immense. I've never been in a harder-braking car, and I've driven Z06s on a track. I can actually feel the skin on my face being pulled forward, it's ridiculous.

That's obviously a good thing, but with all the weight going to the front of the car, and with a lot of grip on the front tires, the potential exists to actually lift the rear tires off the ground which can be completely disastrous. It's almost better if you have to brake on an uneven or slightly slippery surface, because then the ABS will kick in and modulate the clamping force, which will leave your rear end on the ground where it belongs.

Badly rutted roads could cause a hard pull...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

CTS-V-TWIN, I am just catching up on this thread today and am so very sorry to hear about your accident! I'm relieved you were able to walk away uninjured and glad your V is in good hands for repairs.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

It could have been any number of reasons why the car pulled hard to the right. Oh well.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I really do appreciate it!

Body shop just called...damage is between $12K to $15K!!!! It's a lot worse than it looks. They told me that it will be better than new when they are done with it. They are ordering parts today and should have everything late this week or early next week. Everything is going forward WAY faster than I thought it would. I thought my car would be in the shop for at least a month. Looks like it may be in the shop for less than two weeks.

Can't wait to get it back. After driving several CTS-V's over the years and then driving a Chevy Malibu, I really appreciate my car. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

hlantin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Silver MT CTS-V Sedan - Recaro/Graphite Wheels

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad to see you're okay. Two weeks to get your car back isn't too bad..

Yes, thank you. I seem to be ok. I am still surprised at how fast everyone is working on this from the claims adjuster, field adjuster to the body shop. I think it may be less than two weeks. If it wasn't for the upcoming holiday, it would be less than two weeks for sure! Having the right insurance company makes a world of difference when dealing with an event like this.

What is involved for that estimate??

I will know when I get a copy of it. They are still working on it. Apparently the front bumper, grille, hood, front quarter panels, LH headlamp, radiator core support, oil cooler, radiator, A/C condenser, right front wheel, intercooler and they are still going through the front end to make sure they don't miss anything.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Really glad you are OK! Did the air-bag(s) pop? I'm guessing not ...

Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.