Jacking Points for the Sedan V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Jacking Points for the Sedan V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The owners manual doesn't do a good job at displaying where the jacking points are for the V. It has ...
    WYBY-M5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Sedan

Jacking Points for the Sedan V

The owners manual doesn't do a good job at displaying where the jacking points are for the V. It has an illustration that seems to have the location under the side skirts/panels, I couldn't find it to say the least. I have a floor jack similar to those used in NASCAR (much smaller!) and regular jack stands, does anyone know where I can lift the car from without damaging all the beautiful suspension and sub-frame members under there? I merely want to change the oil and remove the wheels for cleaning/polishing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Re: Jacking Points for the Sedan V

There's a thread about using pucks as cushions atop the jack's metal cup; just not able to find the exact thread that also shows the jack points. Also, I went ahead and invested in a set of ramps a few years back [metal - not the plastic jobs that slide every time you try to drive up them] and that makes oil changes a breeze on lower cars.

I highly recommend a nice set of ramps; used them on my Viper and it was even lower than the V. I'm a paranoid guy; don't like using jack stands unless I absolutely must and I still chalk the rear wheels when the car's on the ramps.

As for removing the wheels - jack one corner at a time; should be able to look under the car and see stable or frame points (i.e. away from the plastic cladding).

pmsteinm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

I use the plastic BMW jacking puck that fits in teh eye holes on the underbody of the V (they were recommended on the old V and by Corvette guys. I then use icu hockey pucks on top of my jack stands placed right next to the pinch weld by the "torque boxes" show in the service manual. You can't support by the box center without bending, but right up against the pin weld there is a thick beam running along that takes the weight without bending. I've have all 4 corners on stands by jacking LF, RF, RR, LR in sequence. I did that when changing the MTF and bleeding brakes.

Here is the thread that talks about the BMW pucks: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ork-great.html. A little ways down the BMW part number is listed along with a link to bavauto.com. I've ordered lots of stuff from them and they have excellent customer service. You to pick a car model to search (use a 2003 3 series) then enter the part number 51 71 1 960 752. I bought 2 so I don't have to move them from side to side. I take them off when not in use.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

It's basically the flat part of the frame. I put some barely visible marks on the rocker panels and put the jack between them just past the inner edge and it works like a champ. I also have a mark on the jack to show how far to push it under the car. On my jack, I have a 4" x 4" pad instead of the metal one.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Baabootoo

Can you take a pic, I think I know what you are talking about but a pic would be great. I want to remove the front tires this weekend.. Thanks

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
    I use the plastic BMW jacking puck that fits in teh eye holes on the underbody of the V (they were recommended on the old V and by Corvette guys. I then use icu hockey pucks on top of my jack stands placed right next to the pinch weld by the "torque boxes" show in the service manual. You can't support by the box center without bending, but right up against the pin weld there is a thick beam running along that takes the weight without bending. I've have all 4 corners on stands by jacking LF, RF, RR, LR in sequence. I did that when changing the MTF and bleeding brakes.

Here is the thread that talks about the BMW pucks: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ork-great.html. A little ways down the BMW part number is listed along with a link to bavauto.com. I've ordered lots of stuff from them and they have excellent customer service. You to pick a car model to search (use a 2003 3 series) then enter the part number 51 71 1 960 752. I bought 2 so I don't have to move them from side to side. I take them off when not in use.
    Now, I know that the rear frame rails have this 'eye' / Oval shapped impression where the factory jacks held it, but the front frame rails have completly circular openings. I presume the BMW pucks fit inside the rear's snugly but the front's they're much looser and it may require some fandangling with the jack to get it in there as your lifiting?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
    Baabootoo

Can you take a pic, I think I know what you are talking about but a pic would be great. I want to remove the front tires this weekend.. Thanks
    You don't even need a picture really. Go look under your car, the place where the factory jacks lifted the car will be clearly visable due to the paint removal/scuffing.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I just push the jack under the car to the tape line, and the edge of the wood is just past the rocker panel. The nails hold it on the jack so it doesn't move around.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.