Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I know... I pissed all over myself when I saw this on the odo. Bottom line, so far they have ...
    V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles!

I know... I pissed all over myself when I saw this on the odo.

Bottom line, so far they have not offered the truth or anything to make up for the missing 1/2 tank of gas & the obvious "Weekend rental" of my car.

I took it in for the usual noises thing; Sunroof, wheel clicking, SC marbles (at idle) & rattling from base in door speaker. Their excuse that day was "test driving" LOL...93 miles & 1/2 tank of "test driving"!

Just looking for opinions before I make a decision to bust this dealer wide open or not...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles!

Total complete BS. I'm sorry dude. I hate it when other people touch my car.

Try to get those 2-piece rotors for free.

This aired on the news the week I took my car into the dealer & my wife made a comment about the dealer keeping my car for the weekend referencing this news report. This dude only drove the vet 61 miles. They drove mine 93!

Watch the Video!!!
    http://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/c6/[VIDEO]-Parking-Lot-Owner-Takes-Customer's-Corvette-on-a-61-Mile-Joyride.php

tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 850+HP/830+TQ
    Complete BS. Still need an explanation from them along with the two piece rotors.

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

After watching that and seeing the scumbag. It made me pretty upset knowing this could happen to anyone of us.

TriTexan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Automobile?? Lake! Big Lake!!

1/2 tank of gas and they only got 93 miles? That would indicate some rather serious "test driving". I think I'd contact the dealership owner or even better, someone at the corporate offices. I'd expect the dealer to brief me ahead of time if they thought they'd need THAT much "testing".
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    1/2 tank of gas and they only got 93 miles? That would indicate some rather serious "test driving". I think I'd contact the dealership owner or even better, someone at the corporate offices. I'd expect the dealer to brief me ahead of time if they thought they'd need THAT much "testing".
    Yep... Tried that route. Corp offices are hidden in a shroud of secrecy with no public phone #s, and Cadi customer service will not disclose them either.

SoonerSpeedFreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V CRYSTAL RED, GREY, AUTO, ALL OPTIONS

That sux so bad. I would go ballistic on them. No way I would leave my car over the weekend or the night. My passinger Reccaro squeaks and rocks. Sunroof typical squeeky b.s. but I have never taken my car to any dealer ever. Sad to say I don't trust any them. It's always something when you take it in. And they always act like your a moron that you didn't buy it from them. GM needs to badly step up there service departments. Not saying there isn't good ones out there. I have just never known one.

TriTexan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Automobile?? Lake! Big Lake!!

Quote Originally Posted by V locity View Post
    Yep... Tried that route. Corp offices are hidden in a shroud of secrecy with no public phone #s, and Cadi customer service will not disclose them either.
    Someone here on the forums probably knows. And I know Katie or someone else from Cust Svc can (or SHOULD) hook you up. There's a way in, trust me - in a previous life hacking in to "unbreakable" systems was my job. Now I only use my powers for good...

Of course, there is always litigation, or at least the threat of such. Many times just having my lawyer write a letter does the trick - yeah it cost me a few bucks, but for me it's more about getting things done and producing results - and more importantly standing up for principles - than it is about cost. If they did this to you, how many other people have they given the shaft to without them knowing?

Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan View Post
    If they did this to you, how many other people have they given the shaft to without them knowing?
    Exactly!

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

You have the internet.
    Start with the dealership name and dig in to who owns it.
    Then on to where they are/can be contacted usually.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

So your receipts show the mileage difference? I had a complaint, sent a letter, and got a call back in two days. What route exactly did you try then? Did you get a file number or file a complaint? The procedure is right in the warranty booklet. I'd suggest trying that first before dogging them out.

Yep, 93 miles difference on the in & out mileage on the receipt for service. Who did you send a letter to & did you ever use that dealership again?

Maxniman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Vette - Looking at CTS-V Coupe

Yep, 93 miles difference on the in & out mileage on the receipt for service. Who did you send a letter to & did you ever use that dealership again?
    so who was the dealer.... Sewell??

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Wow, that's really ****ed up. Definitely make a stink with the service manager and work your way up the chain to the GM and owner hinting at lawsuit and video tape to the news. If nothing, then contact customer service and see what happens then. If you've had it serviced a lot, then talk to a lawyer about a lemon law claim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.