Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I would definitely confront them about it. I don't even know why that's a question....
    GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Re: Dealership drove my car almost 100 miles!

I would definitely confront them about it. I don't even know why that's a question.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

I am sorry to hear this. I would have gone ape-sh**. I always take an Iphone picture of the odometer when I drop it off with the dealership in the background to prove where I took it. Then, I am very, very clear with the service rep that I do not want any miles put on the car without my specific authorization unless it's just a few miles.

I have a ZR1 and CTS-V, so you can imagine my hesitation to take either in for warranty work. At the Chevy dealer, I've bought lunch for the service advisor and a case of beer for the service tech and have mentioned a bunch of times about the mileage and no significant miles to be put on by the dealer. I've also talked to the service manager and service director. The service director is the only one that drove my car to ensure they replaced the cats/mufflers correctly. He drove it 4 miles. No problem at all. They even have me back it out of the service bay when they're finished as they're too paranoid. haha.

So, 93 miles I WOULD HAVE CRAPPED A BRICK. Literally, the police would have come to the dealership on reports of a ranting/screaming man. There is no telling what they did to the engine/transmission/brakes/tires.

At an absolute minimum, they would be buying me a full tank of gas and a new set of rear tires. Do not put up with that crap. I am very sorry to hear about this. I guess you can tell I get a bit emotional about this stuff. It's not as much the material possessions (our cars), it's the lack of respect for other people's property. The entitlement mentality of the person who drove your car 93 miles is absolutely unacceptable. You paid very good money for your '11 V and for that assmonkey to put 93 miles on it as if it were their own is utterly unacceptable. The dealership should be held accountable as there should be controls and procedures in place to prevent that amount of mileage to be put on a customer's car without their authorization.

Katie, I hope you can get this elevated quick as this is a black eye on Cadillac to permit their dealers to do crap like this and deny culpability. The dealership needs to make it right and either reprimand or fire the employee responsible.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

"I took it in for the usual noises thing; Sunroof, wheel clicking, SC marbles (at idle) & rattling from base in door speaker."

You violated three of THE RULES. #1 you left the car, #3 this is stuff they can't/won't fix worth a damn and #5 you assumed they are competent.

See THE RULES OF DEALERSHIPS from my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdog533 View Post
    People keep forgetting the rules...

RULE NUMBER ONE:
    ALWAYS stay with the car. Always. For dealer work, tires, etc. ALWAYS STAY WITH THE CAR.

RULE NUMBER TWO: NEVER let them wash the car. NEVER EVER. NEVER.

RULE NUMBER THREE: DON'T go in for something you can fix yourself or something minor. JUST DON'T. They will mess it up worse. Take your time and fix it yourself.

RULE NUMBER FOUR: ALWAYS establish with a tire shop that the rims are perfect when you get there, before work begins. Have him write 'All rims in perfect condition' on the ticket. ALWAYS bring the car in with spotlessly clean rims. This way, you will have something to fall back on when they scratch them. They always scratch them.

RULE NUMBER FIVE: NEVER assume anyone is competent at their job or has any idea what they are talking about. This goes double for service managers. EVERYONE IS BASICALLY IMCOMPETENT and just looking to get finished as quickly as possible. So, you need to recognize this. NEVER assume anyone at any car place knows more than you and NEVER trust their judgement.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Is there a way to read, from the car's computer or onstar, where/what/how it has been driven?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Hate to even ask, but what's the G-meter look like.
    Personally, I have 2 cars, a very pristine 31K mile '87 turbo Buick and a 14K mile '09 CTS-V.
    I never leave either car anywhere but I wait in all cases.
    I have had great success with 2 specific dealerships in Long Beach & / or Signal Hill, Republik of kali.
    Boulevard Buick and Boulevard Cadillac.
    Even though they are great dealerships with above average customer service / attitudes, I still never leave my Buick or Cad anywhere.
    I highly recommend both for service.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi again V locity,

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your frustration! While I wasn't able to provide you with the corporate information, I'm definitely happy to help in other ways regarding this situation. I'm always available if you would like to proceed with formal documentation of the concern and a follow-up call to the dealership. So, please do feel free to private message me again or call our Customer Assistance Center (800-458-8006, hours Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday) if you'd like to explore those options!

Regarding your OnStar question, OnStar does not continuously or routinely monitor, update or otherwise track the location of OnStar-equipped cars. OnStar only knows the location of a car when a user initiates a request for service, there is an Air Bag Deployment, an Advanced Automatic Crash Notification occurs, your OnStar equipment calls OnStar with data updates or when required to locate a car by a valid court order in criminal procedures, or under urgent circumstances.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Yeah almost 100 miles is pretty ridiculous. The techs at my dealer recently had to drive my car to identify a clicking sound, and they still couldn't do it. But they only drive it 2 miles the first day, and 5 miles the second day. Completely within the boundaries of what's required, IMO. And I was checking up on it with the OnStar app on my phone. If they had driven it 100 miles I would have blown a gasket.

Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06

TOTAL BS - I never leave my car when it's at the dealer - I tell them straight up that if it has to be driven I"LL DO IT - No one else! Who knows the car better then - YOU? So put the mech in the passenger seat and drive the car on the test run - it helps in a number of ways - you are satisfied that work has been done on your car and you will know if any issues was corrected not the mech! I'll stand there and talk to the mechinic that's working on it, just to get new info or just find out how much they know! You need to control them not them taking total advantage of you - it's your car you know all the noises it makes not them - protect it!

I've heard to many horror stories on this same matter - it's not just Cadillac's - they do it to Corvettes as well, no one has driven my C6 Z06 other then me - just some dis-honest people working at dealerships.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Guys, thanks for all the advice from your experience. Very good points & a very valuable lesson learned here. I am a very trusting individual & have lived life giving everyone the chance to earn trust!

Katie, while I truly appreciate your efforts, I believe this issue needed to be handled internally to this corporation. I understand this is a franchise type arrangement & the dealer runs the show. I do think it's pusillanimous of Cadillac though to condone this behavior by assisting the dealer's shroud of corporate shadowing (Katie, no reflection to you at all!). So, if the dealer company chooses to address their "customers" in the way I've experienced it so far, "my impression" is that they have a greater interest in protecting their employees rather than their integrity or customer service. While all are great company values, the order is backwards IMHO. I'm sure if this behavior continues, they will get their 5 minutes of fame just as the parking lot owner in Florida did.

The service dept. at the unnamed dealer did talk to me today. While they did not have a believable story for the mileage, they are trying to make me "feel" better. I will give them credit for that & still give them a chance to correct the apparent wrong from one or more of their employees. As a business owner myself, I would at least want that chance if one of my employees did a wrong to someone else! I'm frankly surprised the General Manager, whom I left a detailed voice mail for, choose to remain silent through this whole matter.

So here is my take on this, even though it's not over:

* DO NOT trust your Cadillac dealer.
    * DO NOT leave your car with them if you don't want this to happen to you.
    * There are obviously no protections for the customer in place & Cadillac did not assist me to make contact directly to the upper management or ownership of the corporation that owns this dealership. This matter is between myself & the company that owns this Cadillac franchise.
    * Invest in a GPS tracking system for your 70-100K ride & hide it well, regardless of your intent to leave your car at the dealer.
    * When I replace my Denali-XL, it will not be with the Escalade I've been looking at.

I'll update everyone as the saga plays out... V

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

How did they make you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    How did they make you feel better?
    They are replacing the driver's side door panel, which still has an annoying rattle in it from certain base tone frequencies (I'm guessing they didn't test drive it enough to find out it still rattled from playing the stereo). They ordered it & when it comes in, I will accompany the car for it's replacement (about 45 minutes they say). Upon the work being completed, I will depart with the car. What a PITA.

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ca...-tracking.html

Looks easy to hide & no monthly fees!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV Racing Marc View Post
    Most tracking systems have a feature if the power is cut or tampered with it alerts you. Hiding it will only prove that it occurred. I would leave it in plain sight and alert them of it. They would not dare do this if they knew you were tracking them.
    Good point!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

V locity, I appreciate your clarification and your updates. My offer to assist remains open in case you change your mind, and I will keep my eye on this thread to see how your situation progresses.

I hope you're able to find a satisfactory resolution soon,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond

That is just piss poor service. I was upset when I took my car in for the clicking wheel and they had driven it for 6 miles. You don't have to leave the parking lot to diagnose the wheel clicking. Guess what two days later clicking noise back again. I don't like anyone driving my car dealer, valet, wife anyone. Sorry for your pain. I know how you must feel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.