First Test of 2013 Shelby Cobra
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First Test of 2013 Shelby Cobra in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This thing is legit... http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...00_first_test/...
    brlong23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): His - '11 CTS-V Coupe; Hers - '11 SRX

First Test of 2013 Shelby Cobra

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: First Test of 2013 Shelby Cobra

To be completely I'm not too impressed with new gt500. It's still a live rear axle and we all know how much fun that is. It's fast, but in my opinion not a complete package like the zl1. I owned a 2012 gt500 and it was just a nightmare, especially coming from a c63 to the gt500. Forget about hooking on anything but drag radials or taking turns on anything but a perfect road. The new gt500 numbers are impressive and I like the looks, but would never own one until it comes with an IRS.

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Almost $70K fully loaded. That's a bit much for a pony car which is still what it is at the end of the day. I can't see it being a comfortable daily driver. I have never been a Ford guy and while Ford did a great job with that car, the ZL1 just looks way meaner. I never cared for the looks of the Mustang over the new Camaro.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    The Shelby is definitely legit. As far as driving it....Who's going to drive this car daily? Its meant for the track (or the car shows ).

'Stang owners should be thanking Chevy for this opportunity. Now Chevy has to ante up with the ZL1's power and delivery given that on the numbers front, Ford just ate their lunch.

I LOVE this American pony car war.....and we, the car enthusiasts, win whether Chevy or Ford fan. Competition is what this country is all about, right?
    V locity and V locity like this.

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Nueron, I think you'll be surprised by how many get daily driven Nice, car. I would love to have one. Definately sets the bar.

js615 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V (previously '05 CTS-V), '11 SRX

Here's another take on the Shelby GT500 via Jalopnik - from the perspective of a car enthusiast instead of professional driver -> http://jalopnik.com/5911657/first-dr...d-shelby-gt500

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

$65k for 662 horses & 0-60 in 3.5?

That's called the newest "best" performance value in American cars. Congrats to Ford, they've really stepped things up.

The GT500 carries a lot more power vs. the ZL1 and it's only a smidge faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile and look at how much more it costs than the ZL1!! I located a fully loaded GT500 locally and the MSRP was: $67K. I located several local ZL1s at $55K. I can take a ZL1 and mod it for less than the difference in cost and get more power out of it and have a better looking car with IRS. It's a no brainer to me. Only advantage GT500 has really is that it comes with a factory warranty that covers that much power out of the box. In the real world, the ZL1 wins.

smidge faster......... ZL1 117 mph in the quarter. GT500 125 mph. Thats a beating . And I like the ZL1

I was referring to times, not MPH on the trap.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

IMO "performance value" applies only to stock, non modded cars. Otherwise the late 90's Supra Turbo would be the best performance value on the planet. Put drag radials or slicks on the GT500 and ZL1 and that power difference will show in greater detail.

0-60 in 3.5 on street tires for $65k is pretty amazing.

We all proclaim our V's "bang for the buck" compared to all other stock 4 doors out there. I could buy a used M3 for $25k and put $40k in mods into it and make it faster than the V...that doesn't make it a better value in my mind.

Start putting $$$ into anything and things get really tricky. Stock for stock, the GT500 is the best value for that type of power, just like our V's are the best value in the 4-door market. I would prefer the ZL1's magnetic suspension.

Gotcha. GT500 11.6 sec q mile. ZL1 12.1( both motor trend)..... half a second is a beating I got mocked for months when I was young for quoting some 0-60 numbers.Never again. Lol
    second what Socal V said!

SoonerSpeedFreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V CRYSTAL RED, GREY, AUTO, ALL OPTIONS

Never owned a ford. Not a big fan. But that car is pretty sweet. Those pix of the motor are amazing! The numbers for 0 to 60 and quarter mile are awesome. You can't hate on that. Put it on a track maybe not so good. All in all a great car and it only fuels GM to do more! V 3 will be 650+ hp!

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

i would rather have a used 997 turbo for $70k!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
    DrVolkl and DrVolkl like this.

Mikevette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Time for GM to put the Eaton 2.3 blower on our V, do some Upper/lower pullies swaps and watch the HP's climb!!! Yes the Rustange is a good deal for the money, but it's still a Stang who's value will fall like a rock when it's driven off the lot! But I have to give it's props for leading the HP wars for know!!!!!

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.