Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Should I buy?

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Nepats87 
#1 ·
I have found a 2009 V charcoal gray fully loaded with Recaro seats with 82K miles. Is there any thing I really need to be worried about? They are asking 32900 for it and am sure will go down some. It is not a local car so I am unable to drive it and check it out first. 1 owner vehicle and clean carfax. Thanks alot guys.
I had a 2005 V and recently departed with it and have always said I will get a 2009 when I could afford it. I dont wanna jump at the first one I see.
Ben

#2 ·
As long as the car as well-cared for, then no. A car that young with that much mileage was likely mostly freeway-driven e.g. not abused. There are two 100k+ 2009s on the forums already and they seem to do well.

Of course, YMMV, IMHO, etc.

So sad to see 2009s already in the low 30's, but that one has such high mileage that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

#4 ·
Your Mileage May Vary and In My Humble Opinion :)
My "no" was to your question of whether there was anything to worry about.

#13 ·
Yep and make sure it's not a "lemon" title or what ever that is. I had a friend looking for a used V there were 3 at Dallas dealerships, different dealerships, and they were priced pretty good. A little low. And then they would say...."oh yea there is this lemon thing on the title, it's no big deal because GM fixed the problems"

#14 ·
I saw two with about that many miles, both gray, and the same price. I know where both are, one is A6, one M6. There is another one, that I know of, with 99K (I think) on it, and priced maybe $1K-2K less.
Not sure if this info helps you, but at least you know there are a few with the same or close mileage, similarly priced.

I too thought of grabbing one, but in the end, I want one with less miles.

#19 ·
$33k and worst case performance rebuild maybe some trans work for $7k =$40k. (Cheap and easy to find parts, this is the exact reason i left euros.) Basically have a new car and 700+hp. ($7k performance rebuild, try that with an M5, or AMG) Pretty much done depreciating at those miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.