Good by Vette, hello Caddy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Almondted
  • 2 Post By JFJr
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Good by Vette, hello Caddy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just bought a 2011 CTS-V fully loaded with 8500 miles. Not sure if I like the recaro's or not but ...
    Almondted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crystal Red, cts-v, fully loaded

Good by Vette, hello Caddy

Just bought a 2011 CTS-V fully loaded with 8500 miles. Not sure if I like the recaro's or not but time will tell. Interior noise is much lower
    than the 2008 Vette. It rides smoother, power feels real close, both are Crystal Red tint coat but the vette was a tad darker. I will miss the
    vette family but won't miss the louder-harsher ride. So far the caddy has a great feel when behind the wheel! Now time to start some
    tasteful mods. Is this forum the biggest, best for cts-v? Look forward to some good reading...

Houdini and Houdini like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Re: Good by Vette, hello Caddy

I had 6 Corvettes over the years before getting my 2005 CTS-V, and then my current 2009 CTS-V. My initial impression of the 2005 was that the steering feel was better than in my 2001 C5 Z-51. This is a Cadillac? Ha haa! You will probably come to love the Recaros once you get all the settings right for your body. You might want to hold off on the mods until you drive the car for a while. The most mods are done by the guys with the automatic transmission; they usually aren't satisfied with how it shifts.

This may be the best sedan GM has ever made. The combination of luxury and performance is perfect. Watch your speedometer!

Jud
    Houdini and Houdini like this.
    Jud

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Nice choice.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Congrats!

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

I'm lucky in that I have both a Vette and a CTS-V. If I could only have one though, it would be the V as it's more well-rounded as an everyday driver.

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

CONGRATS! The V is one amazing vehicle. You are on the biggest CTS-V forum on the net.

I came from the Corvette family as well. I had a 2001 C5 Coupe, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 ZO6 and 2005 C6 Coupe. None of them were as quiet, comfortable or offered a nice interior like the V and the performance of the V is plenty for me, even though I hope the V3 will have MORE power stock, so there is no need to modify them after purchase. To me, the V looks way meaner and way nicer than any Vette I ever had. The V turns heads. The Vettes...not so much.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Also lucky to have both. The V has gotten many more compliments than the Vette. Trying to choose between the two is like picking a favorite child! Congrats!

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by quikag View Post
    I'm lucky in that I have both a Vette and a CTS-V. If I could only have one though, it would be the V as it's more well-rounded as an everyday driver.
    Same here. I love my vette but if I could only have one, it would be the V, hands down.

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Great choice. Some many easy mods to really get you rolling. People don't see that many V's. Not a Belly Button. Have fun, as all V owners do.

Almondted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crystal Red, cts-v, fully loaded

I have had four Vettes in my life (1971,1980,2001,2008) and loved them all but I agree right now the caddy is the better choice for the moment. I think there could be a C7 in my near future, have to wait and see what it looks like! All the rumors of body style, engine and interior, who knows...

Airfoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Vagon & a 2008 Z06

I also have a C6 Z06 and now CTS Vagon - totally different cars - thats why I bought the V - it's just a great car and almost as much fun as the Z! Gotta KEEP them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TriTexan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Automobile?? Lake! Big Lake!!

Welcome to the club! Great forum here - I don't know if it's the biggest, but I would venture to say it's clearly the BEST. Lively discussion and debate on every topic out there, and a variety of owners too - all ages and backgrounds seem to be represented, so you get posts and opinions from the entire spectrum, which I really enjoy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.