An interesting V conversation...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 6 Post By FLTRI
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, An interesting V conversation... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Got up Saturday morning with nothing to do, so we threw an overnight bag together and headed out of town, ...
    FLTRI is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

An interesting V conversation...

Got up Saturday morning with nothing to do, so we threw an overnight bag together and headed out of town, destination unknown. We decided elevation was a plus as it's close to 100 in Las Vegas already, so we headed to Zion National Park in Utah.

Had a fun drive up, tested the G-meter a few times, and landed in Springdale, Utah for lunch at a Mexican Restaurant. Several margaritas later, semi-sober minds decided its best to call it a day. Got on the phone and found a vacancy at a hotel (where I'm sitting as I type this) within walking distance. We check in, park the V, and went for a walk. Bought the wife a chicken (don't ask, please) and went back to the room. We sat down on the porch in front of the hotel to admire the V, have another cocktail, and watch the sunset.

Wifey & I are sitting there as a fellow leaves the room next to ours, and we exchange pleasantries. Based on his accent, he's obviously German. He moves on, and then eyeballs the V. Damn near stumbles as he stops, does a walk around, and then continues. I comment to the wife, "Don't be obvious, but look at the guy checking out the car". He eventually continues on his way, and we go back to watching the marvelous sunset, and refreshing our glasses.

Half an hour later, the same guy is back, and stops to look at the V again. He sees us, watching him, and says, "Iz Yourz?" I confirm it is, and get up to open the hood.

"Iz fast, no?"

"Yeah pretty fast, it's supercharged."

"Zoooo, like turbo, then?"

"No, it has a belt driven blower". I open the hood, pull the plastic, and point at the pulley and belt.

"Zo how fast?"

"190 MPH, around 300 KPH, I think."

"Ahh, my friend in Germany, he has Porsche, iz fast too. Too bad you can go only go 65, maybe 75 sometime here, eh?"

"Yeah, no Autobahn here, damnit."

I give him the grand tour; interior, cargo area (He was fascinated with the lack of a spare tire) tires, brakes, Recaros, etc...Then he says, "Zo, who make thiz car Cadillac?"

"GM, General Motors."

"Ahhhh, GM. Dat very goot company!"

Fine praise, indeed.

Excuse the bugs, brake dust, and the less than stellar iPhone pic...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

Re: An interesting V conversation...

Great story ... not as much for the conversation as the drive. Nothing better than hopping into one of these things and just running it out. Have a great weekend!

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I love that area and if I lived nearby, I would want to take my "V" there. Bryce Canyon is no slouch either, it's in my avatar.

Jud

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You just wanted to brag about your trip. Bah. I've been not feeling well and been inside over this glorious weekend...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr
    I love that area and if I lived nearby, I would want to take my "V" there. Bryce Canyon is no slouch either, it's in my avatar.

Jud
    My in laws live in St George. Nice views but holy hell, I want to hang myself cause of the boredom.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    My in laws live in St George. Nice views but holy hell, I want to hang myself cause of the boredom.
    You're a tough guy. Have you been on the horse and mule ride down inside Bryce Canyon? You feel like you're on another planet and thank God those animals are sure-footed.

Jud

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You just wanted to brag about your trip. Bah. I've been not feeling well and been inside over this glorious weekend...
    Me too. Blew my back out last weekend and only now able to move around some. Sucks as this weekend was perfect to go for a drive.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr
    You're a tough guy. Have you been on the horse and mule ride down inside Bryce Canyon? You feel like you're on another planet and thank God those animals are sure-footed.

Jud
    Yep. At 265 lbs, I also am trusting with the horses -never mule inside, just out and about.

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

You painted a vivid picture of what happened with that story, bravo.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Lustige Geschichte. Danke für das Teilen!

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Got up Saturday morning with nothing to do, so we threw an overnight bag together and headed out of town, destination unknown. We decided elevation was a plus as it's close to 100 in Las Vegas already, so we headed to Zion National Park in Utah.
    That's a great ride, and the 15 is 75 MPH all the way to St. George. Good call. A couple times a year I go to volunteer for a weekend at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, in Kanab UT. It's right there in the middle between Zion and the Grand Canyon. It's an amazing place. A few years ago I was writing a blog about my vists there, and there are a lot of pictures if you want to check it out.

http://xaqtly.com/bestfriends

Best Friends is the largest no-kill animal shelter in the US, and they sit on 33,000 acres right in the middle of all that amazing Zion and Grand Canyon scenery. They make it real easy to stay there for a weekend and just work with the animals. I'm hoping to get back there within the next couple months to do it again.

FLTRI is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

We live in Henderson, so I always take the Lake through Overton, and pick up the I-15 there. Love the twisty road, and beats fighting the 15 all the way through town.

We've been to Kanab many times, mostly on motorcycles. It's one of our favorite summer rides, and the North Rim is much less crowded, cooler, and more scenic, than the South Rim. There is a restaurant in Kanab called The Flying V, it's beyond fantastic! If you haven't tried it, do the next time you are there. You won't be disappointed...

Very cool on the No Kill Shelter! We certainly need more of those.

We got home around 2:00PM Sunday, and put about 400 miles on the V. I've never been more impressed with a car than this one. We got a couple of kids on sport bikes on our tail coming back through the lake between Overton and Echo. No place to pass, so I got on it through the twisties. They slowly fell behind until their headlights could only be seen on the long straights. Approached one of the Rangers at about 75 coming out of a turn, he gave me the "light-show warning", so I slowed down to the posted 50. As the sport bikes caught up, they got the same warning. They followed us all the way back at a slower pace, and both gave us a thumbs-up as we got back into town, and they finally went around us.

I really, really love this car!!!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

Ahhhh....ze Germanz

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.