Blistering performance aside, what's your favorite V feature? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blistering performance aside, what's your favorite V feature? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I didn't know Cadillac made a wagon. How much horsepower?!!! The look on their face. Priceless...
    Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Blistering performance aside, what's your favorite V feature?

I didn't know Cadillac made a wagon. How much horsepower?!!! The look on their face. Priceless

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I like the dual nature of the car. Mild mannered, cossetting luxury car one minute, supercar beast the next, your choice.

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

the wtf look that non car people give when i say I have a cadillac (just turned 30). female coworker "your a decent guy, why a cadillac? i don't get it"
    + the thumbs up i get in traffic.
    Car was supposed to be for me not for attention like my others, but seems to get more attention than bmw, benz, and audi in the past. Its almost like the thumbs up is like american flag pride or something.

Id say Keyless go, auto lock (no beep), led headlight bar, inexpensive mods/maint. DRL disable(would like a permanent setting)

TriTexan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Automobile?? Lake! Big Lake!!

I'll add two more I don't think anyone has mentioned. The OnStar application - the remote start I think most people know about, but that's usually with your keyfob. With the OnStar app for Android, I can ensure the car is locked from deep inside the mall (or anywhere else) where the keyfob would normally be useless. Now I can get the A/C running here in Houston while sitting in the checkout line and by the time me and the wife get out to the mall parking lot, the car is nice and cool. I think this is a great sleeper feature - the remote start the sales guys always demo...but no one tells you about the phone app.

The turn tracking headlights are also pretty cool. They might seem a little gimmicky at first, but you quickly get used to them and appreciate they extra visibility they provide.

JFJr - what was it about the electronic brake that saved your butt (as opposed to a standard emergency brake or hand brake?). So far I've found the electric parking brake a little awkward, but I'm getting used to it. I can't see an advantage for it yet...

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

TriTexan - The turning headlights are a gret feature. I wish that I had thought to say that, but absolutely agree.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriTexan
    JFJr - what was it about the electronic brake that saved your butt (as opposed to a standard emergency brake or hand brake?). So far I've found the electric parking brake a little awkward, but I'm getting used to it. I can't see an advantage for it yet...
    Nothing that a normal handbrake couldn't provide except you just drive away to release it. I was very close to going into a ditch and if I was slightly early in releasing a manual handbrake, I probably would have been in the ditch. Not a big deal but less distraction may have helped.
    Jud

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I do love the hill holder feature...

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

The fact that those who know what this car is, *know* what they just saw. Everyone else, it's just a pointy black station wagon.

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I always have new cars, so the tech features of this car are a couple generations behind what I'm used to; the bluetooth interface in this car is worse than archaic.

The feature I like best is that it looks nothing like anything else on the road.

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    The way that it can make me look over my shoulder and stare at it while I'm walking away.
    This one made me laugh - because it does the same for me - everytime .... but what I really like is what the CTS V Racing Guys taught me - that I can push the automatic into the sport mode ... I do not need to shift it myself and it runs even better -- now this is the only why I drive it .. unless I want to shift it also!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Hidden Features? I found a few too.

Wagon Only: As the hatch is raising or lowering, you can push the button on the hatch, or clicker, and stop in at any elevation. Another push reverses it. Very handy when wiping those pesky water spots off.

A6 Only: You can manually shift it using the paddle shifters, without first shifting to sport mode. It's stays in the gear you selected for a bit (30 seconds or so) lights up the gear position indicator, and then goes back into sedate auto mode...

All: When you get a voice prompt with navigation active, turning the audio up or down during the prompt will change prompt volume, not radio volume.

Also reference the HD pause the OP mentioned. I use Pandora through my iPhone almost exclusively. You can skip the current track, or pause, via the radios controls. No fumbling for the phone. Neat...

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My favorite feature is when I walk across the parking garage and remote start the car and people's heads turn or stop in there tracks when they hear that deep sound of the 556hp turning over.

Also your friend that works in Manhattan and has never seen one, mines parked on 5th on most Saturdays.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Onstar makes it easy to be a good Simaritan. I try to call in accidents that I happen upon if I see that emergency people have not arrived. With Onstar you just press a button and since they have your location already they simply forward the emergency info to the authorities and kindly thank you for calling it in. You just have to tell them that there was an accident and they will confirm your location and get the ball rolling. Also, not that I have had an accident with any of my V's, but at one point I smashed up a STS and Onstar called right away to make sure I was OK and called the police for me.

JoeS823 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I do love the hill holder feature...
    What's this hill holder feature you speak of?

----------

Nevermind, just searched it

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I simply LOVE the way my V Coupe looks. I love it more and more everytime I look at it. No other car looks like it or even comes close. I also like that I never see any other V Coupes in L.A. Makes me feel special that I kind of have a rare car. The stares I get everyday when I am driving makes me feel even more special!

Man, I love this car!
    Kadonny, Kadonny, Rule12b and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.