Audi S6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Audi S6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Not a big fan of Audi (Sans R8)...but 3.7 to 60 made me do a double take... http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s6-test-review...
    brlong23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): His - '11 CTS-V Coupe; Hers - '11 SRX

Audi S6

Not a big fan of Audi (Sans R8)...but 3.7 to 60 made me do a double take...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s6-test-review

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Wow. No joke!

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Audi S6

yeah... C/D's 0-60 times are almost always bull..

you're looking at closer to the higher end of mid 4's..
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...7_first_drive/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/02/2...-drive-review/
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...d-2013-audi-s7
    the important thing is that it can still do this and probably manage 20+ combined in normal driving. I have to strain to do that in my 200hp Avant, and I'm sure since the TT 4.0L is pretty prolific in Audi's large sedan's there will be some decent aftermarket.

Watch-out for chipped 500chp S6's in the future.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

$70K too? The CTS-V finally has competition in its price point.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Audi must have provided a juiced model to C&D because 3.7 isn't going to happen with 420hp. Mid 4's sounds reasonable considering the Quattro and broad powerband of that TT 4.0 V8, but 3.7 is BS.

3.7 is probable with a good launch and maybe even some vht.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Maybe Audi did give a juiced up model. But I trust C&D to give the most consistent test results. So I believe that car did do 3.7

A Euro spec TT-RS did a sub 4 0-60 with less power and less weight.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    yeeeah I'd say that's a streach. Sure it starts at 70K, but a B8 S4 starts a 47K and I've never seen one configured on the lot for less than 56-60. There's also the fact that no one ever pays invoice for a V.
    Maybe Audi did give a juiced up model. But I trust C&D to give the most consistent test results. So I believe that car did do 3.7
    I have a hard time swalowing an S6 is as fast as an F10 M5 with a 140hp disadvantage. The 36-3700lb B7 RS4 with 420 ponies didn't manage anywhere near sub 4 second 60 times.

Still competition rather than $90K price points M5, E63, and XFR.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    Still competition rather than $90K price points M5, E63, and XFR.
    indirectly maybe, there's a 11-15% price gap there. If we're just looking at price you could say a 2SS well equipped Camaro is competing with the likes of a Boss 302 or even a 2012 GT 500. Clearly there are two obvious choices for people looking beyond a badge there though.

Cadillac has made it clear they're targeting the fun drivers crowd and trying to make their cars the best in the performance/$ category. It's not like BMW/Audi and Merc who *all* build technology packed, luxury dripping super sedans. With a Cadillac, you're somewhat saying, I'll tone it down a bit everywhere else for the sake of performance.

let me put it this way..

There are 2 reasons to buy a V;
    It's really fast,
    it's really cheap.

The S6 has advantages in neither of these categories(although some feel that's debatable). No one goes V shopping because they've added (finnaly) rainsense wipers for 2012, similarly, no one is now thinking about an S6 because they feel like paying another 10grand for 90% of the car that the V is. They're buying it for the name brand, the higher level of quality and luxury features/details, because it's a much more liveable car to daily drive. Because you won't have to fill it up every 270miles, and it has 400+Hp and it's pretty fast? That's cool too.

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Not really. Base MSRP on a V is low 60's right, but who's ever seen a stripped car on a lot? True, the only big money option are the recaros, but then you've got gas guzzler and it pushes it into 70K quickly. Audi probably won't have guzzler, but they'll have 'prestige' trim for $8000 that puts in all the luxury items customers expect. Then another $8000 for 'adaptive dynamics' (or whatever they're calling it now days) to add in all the computer suspension and diff stuff to get it to not handle like an understeering pig (I've had four Audis including an S4, no matter what they say, the only handling trait and Audi has is understeer, it's just how much understeer).

This thing will MSRP at the high end of 80K by the time it has decent options. And the only time you're going under invoice on an Audi is if it's a model year left-over and there's trunk money in it.

I might be wrong though; I was honestly surprised when I went shopping that the S4's were on the lots MSRPing at 55-56k. M3s and C63s on the other hand ...
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

Quote Originally Posted by allinmyhead View Post
    Not really. Base MSRP on a V is low 60's right, but who's ever seen a stripped car on a lot? True, the only big money option are the recaros, but then you've got gas guzzler and it pushes it into 70K quickly. Audi probably won't have guzzler, but they'll have 'prestige' trim for $8000 that puts in all the luxury items customers expect. Then another $8000 for 'adaptive dynamics' (or whatever they're calling it now days) to add in all the computer suspension and diff stuff to get it to not handle like an understeering pig (I've had four Audis including an S4, no matter what they say, the only handling trait and Audi has is understeer, it's just how much understeer).

This thing will MSRP at the high end of 80K by the time it has decent options. And the only time you're going under invoice on an Audi is if it's a model year left-over and there's trunk money in it.

I might be wrong though; I was honestly surprised when I went shopping that the S4's were on the lots MSRPing at 55-56k. M3s and C63s on the other hand ...
    his point is that it's 'still less' than 100K M5's XFR's and E63's... the problem is that there's such a huge pricegap between those cars and a V that there's still a huge pricegap with 'midrange' models that top-out in the high 80s or low 90s..

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

Don't count on it, guys. Car and Driver didn't verify the numbers or test the car. They were just simply relaying what Audi told them what the car would do. Until they are verified by every car magazine out there, don't believe those numbers. How can a car with that curb weight and that low on power hit 0-60 in 3.7 seconds? Come on!

By the way, GM has raised the price on the V about $3K per model year which makes no sense at all. I don't see many automakers doing that. GM is just going to price themselves out of the market. At $60K, the V was a bargain, but a fully loaded V is now almost $75K!!!

By the way, GM has raised the price on the V about $3K per model year
    the 09 MSRP was 59,995 iirc.

They're not quite 75K base MSRP yet. The 2012 MSRP for a base model was $64515 last I checked, and since you're getting more features for your $$$ compared to the 09, it's almost the same. The 13's are supposed to get the 2piece rotors as standard, so I would assume another price increase, but again, it's justified.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Yeah something about the S6's numbers from C&D don't add up at all. There really isn't any conceivable way that the S6 should be able to get a 3.7 second 0-60 with a power to weight ratio of 10.1 lbs per HP. The V's ratio is 7.9, they're not even close. The V should absolutely murder the S6. The AWD obviously gives the S6 an advantage in the 0-60 and ET categories, but the trap speed should not be 115. Not with that power to weight ratio. That's more like a 110 MPH ratio.

It is possible Audi is just lying about the HP numbers. BMW consistently underrates their cars, and honestly, only 420 HP out of a twin turbo 32v V8? That's fishy. C&D's numbers put it squarely in CTS-V territory, but Audi's specs don't. I think we're going to need to wait until this car is out in the real world before we know if Audi is underrating it or if C&D just got a freak juicer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.