Audi S6 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Audi S6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; the Supercharged 3.0 has been time and again proven that it's making almost 400 crank. I'm sure it *is* making ...
    M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Audi S6

the Supercharged 3.0 has been time and again proven that it's making almost 400 crank.

I'm sure it *is* making more power than that, but I still don't believe 3.7 seconds, not unless this thing is underrated by at least 20%
    DrVolkl and DrVolkl like this.

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

I couldn't agree with you more. The 0-60 time is just NOT possible with power levels that the car has.
    TriTexan and TriTexan like this.

CTS-Vz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V
    Which publication said the CTS-V was "3.9 to 60"? MotorTrend and others have said 4.1 - 4.3.
    Did Car and Driver hype that number too?

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    his point is that it's 'still less' than 100K M5's XFR's and E63's... the problem is that there's such a huge pricegap between those cars and a V that there's still a huge pricegap with 'midrange' models that top-out in the high 80s or low 90s..
    Yup, +1.

----------

So the 0-60 is not plausible, but it's accepted in a TT-RS (Euro)?

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    Yup, +1.

----------

So the 0-60 is not plausible, but it's accepted in a TT-RS (Euro/Export)?
    The RS is under rated, just like the B8 S4.
    http://www.audiboost.com/showthread....t-dyno-numbers
    Either the 4.2TT is making 500 HP or the C/D numbers are false.

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

I haven't looked fully at the specs yet, but that 3.7 figure is conceivable if there is some sort of launch control coupled with the quattro, and if the redline is high enough that the car can hit 60 in first. Just speculations on my part...

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    AWD, dual clutch trans, launch control, and 300 pounds lighter than the CTS-V... I recall people doubting a certain 3900 pound car (GTR) that only made ~500hp running sub 3 second 0-60 times - yes, it's called technology and it is possible...

I guess once they start hitting the market in the fall, consumers will post up numbers and we'll have the final verdict...

Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    AWD, dual clutch trans, launch control, and 300 pounds lighter than the CTS-V... I recall people doubting a certain 3900 pound car (GTR) that only made ~500hp running sub 3 second 0-60 times - yes, it's called technology and it is possible...

I guess once they start hitting the market in the fall, consumers will post up numbers and we'll have the final verdict...
    300lbs lighter?

The weights I've seen are all over the place, from 4160 to 4300.

I've acutally weighed my car. an automatic sunroof V weighs exactly 4265lbs with > half a tank of fuel.

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Yeah the weight of the S6 is very, very close to the CTS-V. So the fact that the V has 130 more HP means that it should wipe the street with the S6, and it also means that the S6 should not be getting anywhere near 3.7 0-60. Not even close. Let me put it this way: My STi was making about 350 HP, and it weighed 3300 lbs. That's a power to weight ratio of 9.42 lbs per HP. Audi's numbers say the S6 is SLOWER than that, with a power to weight ratio of 10.1 lbs per HP.

The STi was also AWD and built to run hard, it had a very good AWD system and a strong clutch and gearbox. It still couldn't do 0-60 anywhere close to 4 seconds, it was closer to 5. And my STi wasn't even vaguely close to 115 MPH in the 1/4 mile, it was more like 105-107. And remember this is a car with a BETTER power to weight ratio than the S6.

C&D's results are so far off from Audi's numbers for the car, I've never seen such a wide discrepancy before. It's almost literally a 150 HP discrepancy. There is no conceivable way a car that weighs as much as the S6 can do 0-60 in 3.7 seconds with only 420 HP. It's simply not possible. Somebody needs to get that S6 on a dyno.

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

0-60 is all about traction. With launch control/AWD it might be possible. I v-box'ed my CLS55 AMG with hoosiers at the track and had several 2.8-.9 0-60 runs with low 1.60 60's. Granted that car did make 550whp, but still pretty awesome it ran like a veyron out of the hole. These new DCT Trans and electronic launch aides do wonders for the cars performance.

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    0-60 is all about traction. With launch control/AWD it might be possible.
    Again, my STi had a better power to weight ratio than the S6, with very likely a better AWD system, and it couldn't do sub-4 second 0-60s. I think we all recognize that the CTS-V could do better than 4 flat if it had AWD and maybe the ZR1's PTM, but the point is that the S6 is down 130 HP from the CTS-V. And as you said, your car had 550 whp. If the S6 has 420 HP, it's not making more than about 350-360 at the wheels, since it has to deal with AWD drivetrain loss.

To get the numbers C&D were claiming then either it would have to have about 535 crank HP (yes, the S6's weight is that close to the CTS-V) or with only 420 HP it would have to weigh about 3350 lbs. The times that C&D got are equivalent to a current base model or Grand Sport Corvette. It just does not add up. Even putting the 0-60 times aside for a minute, they got a trap speed of 115, which is just horsepower or power-to-weight, not traction.

Another example would be the Porsche Panamera Turbo, whose numbers mirror what C&D got for the S6. The Panamera Turbo is AWD, and it got 3.7 0-60, with a 12.0 @ 155.5. Almost identical to C&D's S6 numbers. But the Panamera has 500 HP, 516 tq, and weighs only 80 lbs more than the S6. Power to weight ratio is 8.6, so it's slower than the CTS-V but because of the AWD it's faster 0-60.

The S6's power to weight is 10.1. Even with AWD, even with launch control, even with the DCT, it cannot achieve a 3.7 0-60 with Audi's claimed statistics. It just can't. There is a MASSIVE discrepancy between Audi's claimed numbers and C&D's results. I'm still going for the "juiced press car" theory, or possibly the "Audi is trying to get away with underrating the S6 by 100 HP" theory.

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Competition is good and Audi is one of the few foreign makes that I like, so I'm curious to see how the S6 rings-out at the hands of the other mags too. I'm also inclined to believe that the math is not adding to a 60mph run in 3.7; not passing the smell test. Anyhow, probably close enough to our Vs, that driver input can make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
    Competition is good and Audi is one of the few foreign makes that I like, so I'm curious to see how the S6 rings-out at the hands of the other mags too. I'm also inclined to believe that the math is not adding to a 60mph run in 3.7; not passing the smell test. Anyhow, probably close enough to our Vs, that driver input can make the difference.
    it's managing mid 4s in every other publication I've seen..

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Vz
    Which publication said the CTS-V was "3.9 to 60"? MotorTrend and others have said 4.1 - 4.3.
    Did Car and Driver hype that number too?
    hmm...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

CTS NV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

That 12.1 quarter mile says there's a lot more power under the hood.

Audi's N/A 4.2 v8 is rated 372 HP in the Audi A8. http://models.audiusa.com/a8/engines

How could twin turbochargers only bump output to 420 HP? There's no chance that number is right -- Audi's lying.
    TriTexan and TriTexan like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.