Wheel sensors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Wheel sensors in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When installing the c5zo6 18 by 10.5 wheels for drag radials do we need to install wheel sensors or not ...
    rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wheel sensors

When installing the c5zo6 18 by 10.5 wheels for drag radials do we need to install wheel sensors or not ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Wheel sensors

You'll have the error message, but it will still run ok as far as I know. Mine did when I had the tire pressure error code.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I thought something was limited without the sensors. Maybe can't go into Competition Mode? I can't recall where I read it but I read something about something not working right without sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68
    I thought something was limited without the sensors. Maybe can't go into Competition Mode? I can't recall where I read it but I read something about something not working right without sensors.
    Cruiser have you used yr drag radials yet and r u running sensors in them

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Everything works fine without the sensors. There is no speed limiter (other than the stock automatic transmission 175 mph limiter). You can use competition mode.

I don't have wheel tire pressure sensors (TPS) in my track wheels (TSW Nurburgring 18x9.5). I use competition mode on the track (road courses and drag racing). I get the tire pressure warning light on the dashboard. Other than the light, everything works exactly as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Low_ET
    Everything works fine without the sensors. There is no speed limiter (other than the stock automatic transmission 175 mph limiter). You can use competition mode.

I don't have wheel tire pressure sensors (TPS) in my track wheels (TSW Nurburgring 18x9.5). I use competition mode on the track (road courses and drag racing). I get the tire pressure warning light on the dashboard. Other than the light, everything works exactly as before.
    Thanks for response ,question answered.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Yes, I have a spare set of sensors in the drag radials.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.