recaro or not recaro ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, recaro or not recaro ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; i am interested in a perticular cts v that dont have recaros , and i am wanting the cts v ...
    rchunn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

recaro or not recaro ?

i am interested in a perticular cts v that dont have recaros , and i am wanting the cts v for "power and comfort" are the recaros as confortable as the standard seats in these cars .. thanks ahead for your input, Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

atcbrownie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cts-v

Re: recaro or not recaro ?

I cant say for sure that the non recaros are more comfy because I have never ridden in them, but the recaros are plenty comfy even on long road trips. I had a 2011 mustang gt before my cts-v with recaros and the recaros are way more comfy than the stock mustang seats. I also have heard that selling a cts-v without recaros can be difficult.

TriTexan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Automobile?? Lake! Big Lake!!

I'll second that selling a CTS-V without the Recaros will be more difficult. Bear in mind that the Recaros are "driving seats". That is - they are made to hold you firmly in place while cornering, accelerating, and braking. Additionally, they include the heated and cooled options. The standard seats are probably comfy - I've sat in them briefly. The Recaros are a little firmer but unless you have an unusual body shape or weight, they do really nice. In the end, if you are looking at a used car or one in dealer stock, you have to go with what you feel is right for you. On a new CTS, those are a hefty $3,400 option. Personally, I'd look for one WITH the Recaros. But if that is a budget concern, you can have plenty of fun with a used CTS-V with the standard seats.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Several previous threads on this same topic. If you're willing to take the time to get the seats set up properly, the Recaros can be great. I found the standard seats to be very comfortable compared to spending $3400 more for the Recaros.

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

It's a very personal decision. I went without Recaros because I don't plan on tracking, and found the standard seats to be plenty comfortable. Saved the extra cost, though I acknowledge that down the road it may drop the potential resale value of my car. That said, the wagon with the manual is such a rare beast that the presence or absence of the Recaros might not be a big difference maker. Time will tell. I am happy with my decision. My car is very comfy, which makes my wife happy, which makes me happy.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

as stated it's ALL about resale. those that know or are "in the know" will not do without a significant factory option such as the recaros.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

I have driven in both and the Recaros were the only way to go for me. The non Recaros are probably more comfortable for long highway drives but do any spirited driving and you will want the Recaros.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I just ordered a V Wagon and went without Recaros.
    Reasons:
    1 I've heard tons of complaints on the seats rocking and creaking
    2 I found the base seats more comfortable
    3 For the limited amount of time I'll be lapping the base seats should be fine....I'm more of a drag racer.

I also decided against the sunroof due to rigidity and noise issues as well.

Base seats, no sunroof and six speed manual should make for a rarer car down the road too

Basically I want the car quiet, comfortable and fast as stink

Blk N Blwn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe

I did not get the Recaro's and frankly I cannot see the average person walking away from a sale because of seats. A super clean car with low miles, the right color, transmission, and price are what most people will base their decision on. $3,400 for seats is a bit on the outrageous side.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I would not buy one without Recaros.

Here is the deal: the Recaros aren't seats that you fall and sink into. They are firm. However, they are incredibly supportive and can be driven in for days at a time...literally...

CTSV12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Some like them, some do not. You will have to decide if you do. Having had both with and without, other than race time, I do not care for them. They may make the car easier to sell, but you will not get anywhere near the cost back.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yes you will.

it's funny to watch these guys second guess their mistakes. give me a cts-v minus the supercharger. it cost to much. c'mon man! i'll take a cts-v please, minus the brembos..i'll settle for drum breaks. smh
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Blk N Blwn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe

Yea I would compare a supercharger and high performance brakes to a set of seats. How funny.

Glad you like em, ya better, they cost ya $3400 bucks. My money will go to real go fast parts.

you already dumped 70k (after tax title reg) on a car. if you were really thrifty you would've bought a certified used for less with every option and still had mod money. it's all semantics at that point. but you did good. keep up the solid work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.