recaro or not recaro ? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, recaro or not recaro ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Stillborn it's not self preference, it's sheer ignorance and a sheep like mentality that makes one choose ...
    Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

Re: recaro or not recaro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    it's not self preference, it's sheer ignorance and a sheep like mentality that makes one choose the 6cyl seat. why must the park bench owners feel like they must defend their choices? you chose the junk seats. period.
    *sigh* Jersey Shore, let me clarify this for you. "It's not self preference, it's sheer ignorance and a sheep like mentality that makes one choose a $3500 seat. Why must (this particular) Recaro owner feel like they must defend their choice? You spent your money like an idiot. Period."

But see, I would never say anything like that because we are different people and I can't put myself in your head, much the same way you cannot for those who did not choose Recaro. It's presumptuous and arrogant.
    Vwagon2012 and Vwagon2012 like this.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

more like spot on, as the truth always hurts, and the biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves. they don't even have a name for your seat, other than the fact they are known affectionately as "park bench seats"...or "the seats that nobody wanted". 70k price tag, and $3,400 is a deal breaker? you got a base modle cts with a motor upgrade. lol i'll sleep fine tonight, how about you?

( way back when i had a 1990 5.0 mustang saleen, and it had recaros. this is when i understood about how just a set of seats makes the ENTIRE difference )

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have read every single post in this thread and everyone is either making excuses for their seat or complaining about them. I think Cadillac should read each comment and realize that the two seats they offer are not the best for this superior set of wheels and they should redesign the seats without any compromises. I have been n many Audi, BMW and they don't have discussions like this because their seats are designed with support and comfort.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

you got a base modle cts with a motor upgrade.
    lol... I love how you soo easily trivialize all the work put into the V, just to try to prove your opinion is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    lol... I love how you soo easily trivialize all the work put into the V, just to try to prove your opinion is correct.
    for the sake of not having to explain a joke, try to use the right side of your coconut (visualization/imagination) before you p*ss on ones work. =]

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

it's not self preference, it's sheer ignorance and a sheep like mentality that makes one choose the 6cyl seat. why must the park bench owners feel like they must defend their choices? you chose the junk seats. period.
    I don't normally do this, but wow you're being an *******. I've been posting on these boards since 2006 and I've never seen anyone be as arrogant and *******-ish as you. To you, your opinion is fact and your'e actually ignorant enough to believe it.

Cadillac made them an option for a reason, but I can see that you'll never be able to grasp why.

Enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    I don't normally do this, but wow you're being an *******. I've been posting on these boards since 2006 and I've never seen anyone be as arrogant and *******-ish as you. To you, your opinion is fact and your'e actually ignorant enough to believe it.

Cadillac made them an option for a reason, but I can see that you'll never be able to grasp why.

Enjoy your day.
    your butt hurt because deep down inside it strikes a cord, a cord of truth. hell, idk why your even adding you .01,.. do to the fact you're v-less.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

your butt hurt because deep down inside it strikes a cord, a cord of truth. hell, idk why your even adding you .01,.. do to the fact you're v-less.
    Relax, young man. Why are you trying to alienate a large group of forum members? You come across angry and/or frustrated. As one of the other members has said, we use our cars for different purposes, so that accounts for configuration preferences. Generally speaking, this is a knowledgeable group, that respects others' opinions and tries to help those with questions or problems in enjoying these magnificent cars.

Jud
    Kadonny, Kadonny, Mike02z and 5 others like this.

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Jud. You are so correct. People like what they like. But to some their way is the only way. I bought a wagon because I need a wagon. Plus it looks badass. I drive my car everyday. Average speed 26 mph. Average mpg 15.6. I don't need Recaro's at those blistering speeds. I have nothing against Recaro's. Just not for me. We still live in America. Freedom of Choice. We all love our cars. Don't knock someone because they don't like what you like.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

hell, idk why your even adding you .01,.. do to the fact you're v-less.
    Why? Because I love this forum and most users here are good people. Why else? Because I've owned probably 3 times the amount of V cars you have and that entitles me to 3 times the amount of opinions that you have. Lastly? I'll probably own another V car at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vwagon2012 View Post
    Jud. You are so correct. People like what they like. But to some their way is the only way. I bought a wagon because I need a wagon. Plus it looks badass. I drive my car everyday. Average speed 26 mph. Average mpg 15.6. I don't need Recaro's at those blistering speeds. I have nothing against Recaro's. Just not for me. We still live in America. Freedom of Choice. We all love our cars. Don't knock someone because they don't like what you like.
    How dare you! How dare you buy a version of the car that is practical and not 100% performance oriented. How dare you buy a car with seats that belong on a bicycle. How dare you use your car for anything other than racing around the streets or track strapped into Recaro racing seats throwing caution into the wind. How dare you enjoy your car!!! You sir, are a disgrace.

[/massive joke]

Enjoy your wagon, hell of a car to tool around in with kids in the back seat and your bags from Home Depot in the back. Congrats.

quikag is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Back on topic. I like my Recaros, if for no other reason than the cooled seat option here in TX. I'm 6'2" 225lbs and fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Why? Because I love this forum and most users here are good people. Why else? Because I've owned probably 3 times the amount of V cars you have and that entitles me to 3 times the amount of opinions that you have. Lastly? I'll probably own another V car at some point.

How dare you! How dare you buy a version of the car that is practical and not 100% performance oriented. How dare you buy a car with seats that belong on a bicycle. How dare you use your car for anything other than racing around the streets or track strapped into Recaro racing seats throwing caution into the wind. How dare you enjoy your car!!! You sir, are a disgrace.

[/massive joke]

Enjoy your wagon, hell of a car to tool around in with kids in the back seat and your bags from Home Depot in the back. Congrats.
    your reality is more skewed than i suspected. neither one of those remarks (in bold) make any effin sense what-so-ever in reasons for buying this car. the 6 cyl would have been a better buy. retard. base model seats and base model usage is all you are utilizing. the bragging rights are left to those that bought this car with every intention of driving it to it's limits.(street or track) if not, really, whats the point? so your friends and neighbors have a reason to acknowledge you? no need to respond, it's as clear as day.
    as far as your 3 v remark. i've had 2 (1st gen and this) and a base model 03 cts. so 3 cts's for me. i'll be humble about the rest of my past vehicles. your in a fight you'll never win, so please, for the sake of this thread, bow out gracefully.

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Why do you want to fight? People here love their cars. Why call people retards for their choices because they are not your own. You my friend have a skewed outlook. Hence the name "Dead Baby". Be happy driving your car to the limit. Let us be happy with ours. Your damn right I brag about my car. I paid for it not you. I'll drive it however I want. In the left lane with the blinker on. Hell, maybe when I get to old i"ll drive it through the front of a store. It's mine not yours.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny

So because your's don't rock, nobody's do? Face it, some rock and it's a drawback.

Absurd argument on resale. There *may* be one or more than one person/s out there, chances are you won't find him. I'll guarantee you that there is not a person out there willing to pay you what you paid the dealer for the seats. And until someone can show me that they are getting x% of their money back, I'll be firmly in the camp that you won't recoup the cost. My opinion is based upon my experience too, not some fictional person that *may* exist.
    Well, I flew to TX to get my '09. It was the closest of 4 Vs available spec'd to my choosing. Had to have a manual, had to have a moonroof, had to be black, had to have Recaros. Period.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Most-wanted
    I can tell you first hand it is much harder to sell without recaro's. Every single person who was interested in my 2011 I was trying to sell without recaro's was turned off that I didnt have them..... Its a silly debate as the other guy stated. It only takes one person as is the guy who bought mine without. As far as trade in, forget about it. Dealers hate these cars and dont want to give any money regardless of options. I have a ton of close contacts and no one wanted it. It had 2K miles on it and everyone offered below wholesale in the mid 40"s LOL... I was forced to sell private party. Just a personal experience. I find it hard to believe people are arguing over a $3K option on a $70K car. Bottom line is you either like them or dont. Drive both and make the choice. Ive had both and prefer the Recaro's as I use the car as it was intended. The cooloing system is absolutely awesome as well
    Excellent post!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444
    I have read every single post in this thread and everyone is either making excuses for their seat or complaining about them. I think Cadillac should read each comment and realize that the two seats they offer are not the best for this superior set of wheels and they should redesign the seats without any compromises. I have been n many Audi, BMW and they don't have discussions like this because their seats are designed with support and comfort.
    Every single post? Really? That's a lie. My Recaros are perfect for my V. Period.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.