recaro or not recaro ? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, recaro or not recaro ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Some people like the noises that Recaro's make. I don't. My bench on the way to and from Bingo is ...
    Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Re: recaro or not recaro ?

Some people like the noises that Recaro's make. I don't. My bench on the way to and from Bingo is quiet all the time. As a Cadillac should be. The Recaro's make the car sound cheap. I'll take comfort and quiet every time.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    Before I ordered my V I drove both options and there was no question, Recaro's... They look much better then the standard seats and offer the support required to hold you in place.... But I'm more of a turn left, turn right, hard on the brakes, back on the gas type of driver

To each their own, but I did laugh about person saying they wanted the faster drag race option and then they selected the manual - lol.
    Are you referring to my post because if so you misunderstood. I drag race more than lap / autocross so the std seats are fine for me. I never said the manual was faster, I just enjoy drag racing six speed cars. (I've gone mid 10s-11s ETs at 12x-13x mph hundreds of times in six spd manual GM cars)

I converted one of my cars from manual to auto, was bored silly and hated the driving experience and actually converted back.

Cheers,
    Chris

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

it's kinda hillbilly to not know exactly what it is your buying and why,... than to get confused, convert it, then convert it back again? thats insane at this age/stage of the game. 90% of the time, give me a stick(I've owned over a dozen) when it comes to the driving experience. for this car i chose the auto for several reasons. the 1st being it's faster. the second being i get 3 shifting modes. slap -shift, firing off non stop wheel shifts, and pimpin ain't easy leaning to the side Vegas style auto mode.my v1 (obviously) was a stick, this car is light years ahead of the first rendition and can get it done with the auto,& i wanted to ask other guys how it feels to miss shift. =]~

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Wow, I'm amazed at some of the pompous *******-ish comments made by some of the Recaro supporters.

It's a 3k option, some people want them, some don't. Is it all that hard to understand?

Oh and to those that think they will get their money back on trade in, good luck with that. My trade they didn't give a crap about the seats, it was all about the miles.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That's a dipstick dealer. On a private sale, you'll get it back.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vwagon2012
    Some people like the noises that Recaro's make. I don't. My bench on the way to and from Bingo is quiet all the time. As a Cadillac should be. The Recaro's make the car sound cheap. I'll take comfort and quiet every time.
    What noise does a Recaro make? I've never heard a Recaro noise. Hey, if you want to make stuff up, have at it. It'll just be hard to take you seriously in future debates...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That's a dipstick dealer. On a private sale, you'll get it back.
    Making a bold statement with nothing to back you up.

What noise does a Recaro make? I've never heard a Recaro noise. Hey, if you want to make stuff up, have at it. It'll just be hard to take you seriously in future debates...
    Maybe not noise, but how about the rocking? Fully documented here over and over.

I have nothing against the Recaro's, I like them. But to say they are a "must" have at a price tag of 3k, with no debate or other opinions, is absolutely wrong.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It is a must have if you like to turn. And mine don't rock.

As for nothing backing me up on resale of Recaros, it takes one buyer. That's it. You telling me that buyer does not exist?

It is a must have if you like to turn. And mine don't rock.

As for nothing backing me up on resale of Recaros, it takes one buyer. That's it. You telling me that buyer does not exist?
    So because your's don't rock, nobody's do? Face it, some rock and it's a drawback.

Absurd argument on resale. There *may* be one or more than one person/s out there, chances are you won't find him. I'll guarantee you that there is not a person out there willing to pay you what you paid the dealer for the seats. And until someone can show me that they are getting x% of their money back, I'll be firmly in the camp that you won't recoup the cost. My opinion is based upon my experience too, not some fictional person that *may* exist.

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

KBB your car is worth 41,500.00 That's with 45000 miles and in excellent shape with Recaro's. 42,900.00 with 30,000. Guess its the mileage that really counts. But I guess Kelly Blue Book is wrong because your in the know.

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris CTS V Wagon

Are you referring to my post because if so you misunderstood. I drag race more than lap / autocross so the std seats are fine for me. I never said the manual was faster, I just enjoy drag racing six speed cars. (I've gone mid 10s-11s ETs at 12x-13x mph hundreds of times in six spd manual GM cars)

I converted one of my cars from manual to auto, was bored silly and hated the driving experience and actually converted back.

Cheers,
    Chris
    To each their own Chris and honestly sorry if i offended you in any way by laughing at your post, wasn't meant to be an attack, just made me laugh... The fact is the auto is faster (drag or road course) and the Recaro's will enable you to be faster on a road course because you will not be sliding around... Normal daily driving = really no difference besides if you're stuck in traffic...

I also really like the way the Recaro's look and feel - but again, to each their own...

I also own a few other toys, and my dedicated cars are setup to yield the best out right performance for the given application... My time attack car sports straight cut dog box, and my drag car sports an auto of course... I have a couple of other 'street' cars that are no slouches, both manuals trans because they only came that way and I agree, manuals do offer a certain fun factor that is missed in an auto...

The CTS-V is my 'normal' car that my wife demanded I purchase so I can take the kids out when she's out and about in her Q5... She has no clue about cars and she said four door luxury car with an automatic, check

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Manuals are faster, auto's are quicker.

And who uses KBB anymore? LOL!

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    To each their own Chris and honestly sorry if i offended you in any way by laughing at your post, wasn't meant to be an attack, just made me laugh... The fact is the auto is faster (drag or road course) and the Recaro's will enable you to be faster on a road course because you will not be sliding around... Normal daily driving = really no difference besides if you're stuck in traffic...

I also really like the way the Recaro's look and feel - but again, to each their own...

I also own a few other toys, and my dedicated cars are setup to yield the best out right performance for the given application... My time attack car sports straight cut dog box, and my drag car sports an auto of course... I have a couple of other 'street' cars that are no slouches, both manuals trans because they only came that way and I agree, manuals do offer a certain fun factor that is missed in an auto...

The CTS-V is my 'normal' car that my wife demanded I purchase so I can take the kids out when she's out and about in her Q5... She has no clue about cars and she said four door luxury car with an automatic, check
    No worries...no offense taken, I just wanted to clarify what I meant. Sounds like you have quite a few nice rides there.

Most-wanted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I can tell you first hand it is much harder to sell without recaro's. Every single person who was interested in my 2011 I was trying to sell without recaro's was turned off that I didnt have them..... Its a silly debate as the other guy stated. It only takes one person as is the guy who bought mine without. As far as trade in, forget about it. Dealers hate these cars and dont want to give any money regardless of options. I have a ton of close contacts and no one wanted it. It had 2K miles on it and everyone offered below wholesale in the mid 40"s LOL... I was forced to sell private party. Just a personal experience. I find it hard to believe people are arguing over a $3K option on a $70K car. Bottom line is you either like them or dont. Drive both and make the choice. Ive had both and prefer the Recaro's as I use the car as it was intended. The cooloing system is absolutely awesome as well

bbang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sport Wagon

I have been on many long trips with the recaros. They have been great. took about a week to get them dialed in.

I guess it is a self preference i guess.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

it's not self preference, it's sheer ignorance and a sheep like mentality that makes one choose the 6cyl seat. why must the park bench owners feel like they must defend their choices? you chose the junk seats. period.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.