recaro or not recaro ? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, recaro or not recaro ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Mark - curious what this 'exit feature' is that you were talking about? Haven't heard of that before. in the ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: recaro or not recaro ?

Mark - curious what this 'exit feature' is that you were talking about? Haven't heard of that before.
    in the features menu on the DIC you can set the seat and steering wheel to move backwards when you turn the vehicle off and open the door. Similarly, it will return to the posistion per the keyfob that's assigned to the seat memory when you start the car.

It's a fantastic feature, there's simply no elegent way to get out of those chairs without it .

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I don't know why, but I didn't use the exit feature until recently.

Being a big d00d, I had a way of squeezing through without bumping my leg against the wheel of my back against the bolster. But I noticed that all of my jeans had the belt loop along my backeft hip tearing off. It took me awhile to figure out why.

The easy exit feature is awesome...

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Dan, I guess the exit feature has already been explained. Another benefit of the memory feature is that if someone messes with your seat position, like a valet, car wash, mechanic, etc, one touch gets it back to perfect.

As far as track events, there are lots in the regional area. BMW club, Porsche club, and some private schools have track events all summer at Road Atlanta, Roebling Road in Savannah, Barber near Birmingham, and others. The tracks usually have the events listed. I don't do track events anymore, because of a neck problem, though I did do the free Cadillac CTS-V event at Road Atlanta last fall. All of the CTS-Vs there had the Recaros, BTW.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    But I noticed that all of my jeans had the belt loop along my backeft hip tearing off.
    I am not alone!! It's either that or the door frame ripping it off sliding my big kazoo in.

lol!

captain slow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

i have one without recaro seats wanted them but im not going to the track so $3500 is a lot of money for some seats. the stock seats are comfy i like them.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

$1700 a seat is pretty expensive, especially since they rock/creak/squeak, so that's another reason why I'm glad I purchased used.

94danstang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    in the features menu on the DIC you can set the seat and steering wheel to move backwards when you turn the vehicle off and open the door. Similarly, it will return to the posistion per the keyfob that's assigned to the seat memory when you start the car.

It's a fantastic feature, there's simply no elegent way to get out of those chairs without it .
    Excellent - thanks very much!

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Quote Originally Posted by Blk N Blwn View Post
    That's the point right. The OP is looking for opinions on which seats people prefer. Since I like the standard seats (and for the record I said nothing bad about the Recaro's) appearantly me and others have to justify our mistake and are non performance orientated , should have ordered the car without a SC or Brembo's and somehow someway I financed my car. F...cking really?!?!?

Nice forum you fella's got here, can't even offer an opinion without being slammed. My first Cadillac and the people on this forum are conveying the exempletory stereotype of V owners. Now I know why I like the Mopar folks.
    Don't take it so hard, there are a few in every crowd that feel the need to puff up their chest and try to make themselves look bigger than they are, try to ignore them.

I had the standard seats in my 09V and was perfectly happy with them. I never tracked the car and only ever used it for every day commute. For me, the standard seats were just fine and held me in position while driving 98% of the time. Yes, there was a time or two where I may have slid, but how often was I ever pushing this car to that point in a commute....hardly ever.

And to compare seats to a supercharger or brakes is ridiculous. They are seats, something your ass goes in.

PS: The Mopar forums can be just as bad with idiots, you'll find them on every forum you visit. Trolls gotta troll.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

this is too funny...4 pgs of these goofy lame excuses as to why people think the standard 6 cyl seats are even a valid consideration. you sheeple are the majority sadly enough. it's good there are a few trail blazers left in the world. albeit not many. to bad the sofa seats didn't come with a ottoman. lmao!

BLK 1CE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Wagon 6-spd Black Diamond

Intentionally ignoring all the BS and getting back to the original post with a relevant comment...

I love the Recaros, my wife hates 'em. They are the only thing she doesn't like about the car. She hates having to climb in and out over the bolster. This has it's advantages, namely she drives the car less :-)

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

I think a lot of people forget that they bought a Cadillac. Isn't it supposed to be a luxury car? I bought mine to be a high performance luxury car. I want the most comfortable seats. They are not the Recaro's. Do drive around with your shocks in sport mode. No, because its way to firm for daily driving. When you think about Cadillac you think luxury. Yes the 6 speed manual will be more rare. That' s because of "Old School Thinking". All high end cars are going auto. Why? More gears. A four speed was they way to go in "The Old Days". Why? 4 gears, not 2 or 3. Time to face the facts. Auto's are the wave of the future. Sorry to burst some bubbles, but facts are facts.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Some of us enjoy rowing the gears. I don't drag my car so consistent times are not a major concern. I don't care what the "wave of the future" is. I don't care how rare it is or whether it will get me more at resale. You can have my manual when you pry it from my cold dead hands For you folks who like the auto and the regular seats, great. Choices are good. We all share the same passion for our V's and that is the important part.
    JFJr and JFJr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vwagon2012
    I think a lot of people forget that they bought a Cadillac. Isn't it supposed to be a luxury car? I bought mine to be a high performance luxury car. I want the most comfortable seats. They are not the Recaro's. Do drive around with your shocks in sport mode. No, because its way to firm for daily driving. When you think about Cadillac you think luxury. Yes the 6 speed manual will be more rare. That' s because of "Old School Thinking". All high end cars are going auto. Why? More gears. A four speed was they way to go in "The Old Days". Why? 4 gears, not 2 or 3. Time to face the facts. Auto's are the wave of the future. Sorry to burst some bubbles, but facts are facts.
    Then I guess you drive your car to play Bingo and back. Because the Recaros ARE more comfortable. And if not for the first 30 minutes, then over a day of driving. Enjoy your park bench that makes a V look cheap.
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Then I guess you drive your car to play Bingo and back. Because the Recaros ARE more comfortable. And if not for the first 30 minutes, then over a day of driving. Enjoy your park bench that makes a V look cheap.
    haha! never truer words have been spoken. the white collar magazine racers don't have enough life experience to make the proper choices.
    the results are in,... and the park bench was not on the ballot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.