recaro or not recaro ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, recaro or not recaro ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; You have no idea what I paid for the car and don't appreciate the comment about making a mistake along ...
    Blk N Blwn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe

Re: recaro or not recaro ?

You have no idea what I paid for the car and don't appreciate the comment about making a mistake along with the smart a$$ comments about superchargers and drum brakes. If you like the seats good for you. I do not think they are worth the money and it is not a question of affordability for me. Enjoy your seats in your 09, I am sure you can convince yourself it was money well spent.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

woah woah woah, pull the reigns there buddy, nothing was directed at you individually it was a broad jab (light sarcasm) at all the guys trying to justify buying a super sedan with 6 cyl cts seating. but you did attack my comment directly and therefor that last response was directed back at you. don't be so sensitive old fella. and for what it's worth, I'll out drive you all day every day with my 09. now if thats a fact, tell me, am i lying?

Blk N Blwn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe

I guess I am an old dude because only a youngster would make such statements about how fast they are when they have no idea who they are talking too. Just cause I am a newbie on this site does not mean I am not a car guy with other rides and racing experiences.

How could you be lying, your a "in the know kind of guy"

Yup I am sure you are much faster than me. Congrats. Gotta love Internet racing.

i'll just nod and smile as if my wife was talking to me at this point, you're right hunny...you're right. just know it goes both ways. and don't be so high and mighty like your financed 2012 is any faster or better (mr. 6 cyl seats) then my owned outright 09. enjoy those payments brotha. =]

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

@Stillborn, I'm scratching my head wondering how you reached the conclusion that telling people that their opinions are wrong is a good idea.
    SoCal_V and SoCal_V like this.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    i'll just nod and smile as if my wife was talking to me at this point, you're right hunny...you're right. just know it goes both ways. and don't be so high and mighty like your financed 2012 is any faster or better (mr. 6 cyl seats) then my owned outright 09. enjoy those payments brotha. =]
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can't help it--you're exactly the type of guy I don't want people associating with CST-V. Your attitude and internet bravado is embarrassing. I find it impossible to believe you're actually 43yrs old and still so immature.
    Moneypenny and Moneypenny like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blk N Blwn View Post
    Yea I would compare a supercharger and high performance brakes to a set of seats. How funny.

Glad you like em, ya better, they cost ya $3400 bucks. My money will go to real go fast parts.
    I tracked my '04 V, hard. The seats were a bitch as I had to shift around and adjust hundreds of times each session. The V2 base seats are WORSE.

You wanna go fast? Make sure your driving environment is set. When I am in my Recaros, I don't move, at all. I am locked in. And they are long distance comfortable in ALL situations.

Hey, if you like your skinny, flat, unsupportive thrones and spend your money on heat exchangers and injectors, have at it.

And that $3400 does have resale value.

Plus, they don't make the V look cheap...
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Recaro's +1! They are firm, but they are supposed to be. They are fine for 4+ hour road trips. The standard seats are too flat and not comfortable enough to choose over the Recaro's.

Most-wanted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Here is my take on this without getting into a huge dispute I have had two 2011 V's, one with and one without the Recaro's/Suede steering wheel. When I bought my first one I was like no way Im paying the extra $ and found one without. The seats were fine but definitely flat and lacked any kind of support. I missed the V and recently bought another one. Since the used market $prices are ridiculous I bought another new one and looked for a 2011. I must've found one of the last 11's LOL... It had the suede and Recaro's. I beat the dealership up so bad and ultimately paid the same as I did the first time +$500. So it was worth it to me. The seats are night and day difference from the standard seats. The cooling system is amazing. I live in Fl/Ga and they work wonders. I would highly recommend the Recaro's if you drive spiritedly or do HPDE's which is what I do. If your just driving it as a daily and going to the store then the possible xtra $ might not be worth it. But if you ask me, if your buying a CTSV you are buying a dedicated sports sedan so why not buy the best supportive seats. Regardless of what people say to justify the cost there is no comparison between the seats. The Recaro's are worth every penny if you are driving the car as it was intended.
    JFJr, JFJr, Stillborn and 1 others like this.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I agree with Most-Wanted. I had the stock seats and found them to be just fine even for spirited street driving. I also tried the Recaro's and found them to be way too hard for daily driving IMHO. Midwest streets are brutal because of the potholes! If I lived in the south then Recaro's would be a no brainer but up north, I don't know.

A better question that should be asked is, WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO CHOOSE SEATS TO BEGIN WITH? Cadillac should produce cars with exceptional seats standard that are comfortable, supportive and adjustable for their flagship car don't you think?

Chrysler SRT8 seats are way more comfortable than the Recaro's yet supportive and they don't cost any more. I love the car but must admit I'm miffed that Cadillac missed the mark with both seats.

the ones that know, know. for the others who cant wrap their heads around performance needs and all that implies, know this, the truth always hurts, and the biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves. those with the 6cyl seats will most likely get some Dunlop all seasons once they need a tire change...maybe add some Kmart brand oil on the next oil change as well. you closet car buffs are so transparent it's beyond hysterical. if your put off by my chutzpah, i'm equally put off by the white collar wanna-be's that go to the office and say, "my car can do this" when it's a fact you'll never experienced any of it personally. enjoy the fantasy and bragging rights, as you won't be truly enjoying your car. =] (refer back to the underlined sentence)

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

those with the 6cyl seats will most likely get some Dunlop all seasons once they need a tire change...maybe add some Kmart brand oil on the next oil change as well.
    Yikes! I'd better keep an eye on the guys at the dealership when they do the free oil changes for the next four years!

B T Williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Most automotive journalist who authored the many magazine CTS-V tests that I have read found the Recaro seats to be great for all out road course driving but hard and somewhat uncomfortable for everyday driving. Before making a decision as to which seating option to buy, I test drove a CTS-V with Recaros (on PBIR's road course) and a regular CTS with standard seats and came to the same conclusion that most automotive journalists had.

While the dealer I eventually bought my 2011 CTS-V from always has at least six V's in stock, they are always equipped with Recaros. Therefore, I had to order my CTS-V to get one equipped with the standard seats that I prefer.

That said, seating that may be comfortable for one person may be uncomfortable for another, and vice versa. So the decision to go with standard seats or with Recaros is simply a matter of personal preference.

Regarding resale value, Kelly Blue Book lists a private sale price premium of less than $1,000 for a 2010 CTS-V equipped with Recaros as compared to one with the standard seats.

most journalists couldn't do ten push-ups. core (ab) strength is paramount to maintain a comfortable upright seating position,.. meaning, maintaining overall fitness is key to seating comfort. weather you want to admit it or not. weak abs means a weak lower back. a weak lower back means discomfort. it's not the seats.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

most journalists couldn't do ten push-ups. core (ab) strength is paramount to maintain a comfortable upright seating position,.. meaning, maintaining overall fitness is key to seating comfort. weather you want to admit it or not. weak abs means a weak lower back. a weak lower back means discomfort. it's not the seats.
    Not true, it is the seats for some people.

One seat will be more or less comfortable based upon padding, design and how it fits each individual's body style, height, etc.

Although core strength does affect back pain, that has little to nothing to do with one's subjective evaluation of overall basic seat comfort.

BTW, speaking in absolutes and implying that people are in denial is argumentative, and it's getting old.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.