sheer disappointment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, sheer disappointment in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sheer disappointment

James,
    I wanted to sit down andwrite this email to convey to you my deep disappointment in your service of my2009 CTS V that I purchased from your dealership. As you may or may notknow, I just picked my car up on Monday after having the motor replaced for thesecond time after a approx 6 week wait with little communication as to what wasgoing on. Your service department replaced the first motor also. Let me explain the many areas of disappointment in the quality of service thatI have received from your service department. Let’s start with the firstmotor replacement, I was told that it was a manufacturing defect that spun thebearing and it was covered by warranty since I have always had the oil changeand factory recommended service on a regular basis by either your dealership orby Tustin Cadillac. After the first motor was installed I took greatpains for the first 2000 miles to slowly break in the motor by beingextremely easy on the accelerator at all times. When the low oil pressurelight came on, I immediately took it in to your service department. WhenI took it to your service department, Sara told me that the car also needbrakes done on it. I had the oil changed and the brakes done on the car,it took a couple days………no big deal. When I picked the car up I was toldthat the low oil pressure was not a problem and that they “cleared” the signal.On a side note………. After picking the car up and going home I had to cleanall the greasy hand prints off of every single caliber as I keep my car spotlessand waxed at all times, I would think that should have been done by yourservice department while the wheels were off…….details………SO……the low oilpressure light has been coming on periodically so I bring it back to yourservice department and also ask to have the brakes that I just paid over$1000.00 to be checked since I am getting terrible wheel shake under heavybreaking…..a sign to me that the rotors were NOT turned like they were supposedto be. I also asked that the exhaust (that was installed by your servicedepartment when I bought the car) be fixed because it rattles so loud…….. so onto the second motor. Now I am VERY concerned about what is goingon. If you check your records you can get the exact mileage from when thefirst motor was installed to where I brought it back because of the low oilpressure and they did the brake job (they did NOT fix the exhaust rattle) and Iwas told that the low oil pressure was “cleared”. The low oil pressurecontinued to get worse so I brought it back again and this is where the secondmotor was installed….all of this within 10,000 miles???? So I drove toyour dealership to find out what the heck is going on and talked to yourservice manager. He told me that the only common denominator in the motorfailures was ME……….ok I said, “what am I doing wrong because I DO NOT want thisto happen again”. I was told that I drive the car to “hard”……….ok, whatdoes that mean?? The car has a recording device that tells you EXACTLY how thecar is driven, please tell me what I am doing wrong. Your service mangertells me that they are not allowed to check the recording device because its“invasion of my privacy”………that is TOTAL B.S……..the first thing that is done atservice is a reading of the recording device on all the BMW’s, Audi, Mercedes,Porsche, etc, I don’t see Cadillac being any different … ……….so the bottom linefrom your service manger is he tells me I need to change the oil moreoften……Huh?.....really? …….are you kidding me?.......change the oil more often??........look,I am not some 75 year old grandma driving a DTS…….I have a working knowledge ofcars and that does not tell me why TWO motors have expired in MY car because Idrive it too “hard” ………. I bought this car because I see the commercial of itracing around the Nurnberg ring, I read all the magazine articles about itsspeed and agility………. I am the customer that GM WANTS driving that car…….. Ikeep it spotless at all times, it sounds awesome from the exhaust that youinstalled and I have people asking about it every day…….. I am GM’s bestsalesman for that car………… but change the oil moreoften????......really??....... the disappointment continues……….. I picked it upthis last time and it was absolutely FILTHY! The inside of the car lookedas if the windows were rolled down for the past 6 weeks because of the layer ofdust, the exhaust STILL rattles even louder now, TWICE I had to pull overbecause the front air ducts to the brakes fell off and were dragging, one ofthem got lodged in the exhaust and melted the plastic on the pipe so I get tosmell that burning all the time now, the brakes are absolutelyTERRIBLE………..STILL have terrible wheel shake under normal braking, I was toldthe check engine light is on and I need to take it back to the performance shopthat worked on it???.........what???......the only thing the performance shopdid was put a 2.5 gallon intercooler on it and new springs on the suspension tolower it……..but its their problem now??.......really???? I know as abusiness owner that I don’t always see and hear what is going on in my businessaround me, that is why I found it important that you hear how your customersare being treated………..very deep disappointment that I pay so much money for acar and don’t have the service to back it up. Quality, Service, Price………. In mybusiness you only get two of those, unfortunately I have not received any ofthem with my new car.

Sincerely,
    Todd

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mother is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon

Re: sheer disappointment

but who is James?

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Wowzas! Sorry to hear about this! Sounds extremely out of the norm...

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

You've had two engine failures? What is the mileage on the car?

For future, please divide up long message with paragraphs:

enter_key.jpg

toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

james renick.......owner of renick cadillac

----------

agreed!.......first CTS-V was the best car EVER.......still am completely in love with my car, just so disappointed in the service i am recieving

----------

first motor let go at 35k then got less then 15k on the second motor........

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

What mods were done? A tune, bigger blower pulley, etc.?

Probably should replace the rotors if wheel shake is an issue.

Low oil pressure is not good no matter what. Does the motor have a bearing issue again? If so, I would start looking at any mods, etc. as the odds of one person having two bearing issues in a production car must be pretty long.

You should probably take it somewhere else...

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Space bar!

CASEY122457 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looks like "Katie" from Cadillac Customer Service needs to step up to the plate.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Sorry to hear. I bought my '09 CTS-V new off of Renick's showroom floor.
    I have mine serviced at Boulevard Cadillac, previously located at 3399 E Willow Street, Long Beach, CA 90806, now located in Boulevard Buick's old address on Cherry Avenue at 28th street. I would talk to Mark Perlstein, service manager and see if he can help you out.
    They took great care of me for the front wheel clicking.
    They are courteous, professional, and great people.
    Don't forget to visit & check out the '87 Buick GNX, 1 of only 547 cars built in their glory days, located right next door at the corner of Cherry & 28 Street.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

toddsterv, let me apologize on behalf of Cadillac for your frustrations. I can understand and appreciate your concerns, and I would be more than happy to look into this matter further for you. Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, at your convenience, with your full name, VIN, address, mileage, and dealership info.

I look forward to working with you,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

K9Battlewagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BattleWagon

Todd,
    Since you called me out by name I will do the same in turn. I have avoided responding to your completely foundationless rant because frankly I do not have the time or energy. But when you slam us/me on a forum.. I draw the line. I’m just going to hit the highlights:
    -According to the TAK center for Cadillac NATIONWIDE there are only 5 V engines that have been blown up or destroyed and replaced under warranty. Guess what? You own two of the five. Why is that?
    -The reason you own two is because you drive the piss out of the car and don’t want to take responsibility for your driving habits. If you want a race car, go buy a race car. Can you track a V? Yes you can and as you know we do track our own V. V’s burn oil. You don’t track a car without changing the oil just before the event and then you change it right after the event. During every day driving you must monitor oil consumption and not wait for the idiot light to come on and tell you to change the oil. And in a V you need to top it off on a regular basis. It’s just life with a V.
    -We do not have the ability to see your driving habits. It is against Federal Law and we don’t have the capability anyway. But the factory does. (This is a whole different subject concerning privacy that is not part of my discussion here). We don’t need to see in a black box to tell how a car is driven. It is CSI Cadillac at this shop. When we see burned rubber pieces stuck up under your rear wheel wells, the wear pattern on your tires, the color of the oil that comes out, smells. Etc. etc. we know how your car is being driven. (see paragraph 3)
    -Yes Cadillac advertises ‘racing’ with the V series. They don’t show you the part about maintenance to get the car ready and afterward. They make it seem like you just stick the key in and let’s go racing. So if you believe the advertising then your beef is with Cadillac not us.
    -As for rotors and warping… we have just finished two track events and still have life on our original OEM rotors on our V. Why are yours warped? I’ll tell you why. It’s because you drive your car cold and jam on the brakes, you don’t bring them up to temp. before you over brake and then you (I am giving and educated guess here based on a year or two of experience and racing) you keep your foot hard on the brake while you are at a stop light and the rotor is super hot. Not one of our V customers has had warping problems… except you. Yep you. Why is that? See paragraph 3.
    -Rather than trashing us you should be sending flowers and kisses. The factory GAVE you the benefit of the doubt that your first engine had an engineering problem. Boom, covered under warranty. But a second engine covered under warranty, our service manager went out on a limb to get this covered under warranty !! You should be kissing him on the lips ! This second engine is as miraculous as the Virgin of Guadeloupe appearing to you in your car while super heating your brakes. And your mad at us for bad service?
    -Just about everyone now knows that you have taken your car to one or more modification shops. Any of those mod’s voids the warranty and you know it. But we were still able to get massive amounts or warranty work done at little to no expense to you.
    -This dealership has jumped through hoops like a trained dog in a circus to help you out. So I think you need a reality check Todd and start taking responsibility for your role in the mechanical failures of your V. If you don’t believe me then I invite you to go buy an AMG or M series and drive it the way you keep this car going. They will laugh or throw (maybe both) you out of their dealership. And last but not least I am telling you straight out…don’t come back to my shop. Go whine and blame at some other Cadillac dealership. That will give you personal face to face time to tell all the world how crappy Renick is and how you were mistreated.
    Sincerely,
    James Renick

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Oooh snap

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Teutonaddict is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 6MN Vagon OBM

They say there are two sides to every story, and to the extent you can 'really' see both sides on an interweb forum, my money's on JR.

Seems pretty reasonable and reasoned in his response, given the high stakes and emotions involved.

You gots to pay if you wants to play!
    Houdini and Houdini like this.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Weeelll, that just about covers the flybys...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.