sheer disappointment - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, sheer disappointment in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Re: sheer disappointment

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by jrcmlc View Post
    "And in a V you need to top it off on a regular basis. It’s just life with a V"

This is complete Bullshit. End.
    I agree 100%!! I drive the shit out of my V, I never check the oil level, I never get a low oil message or low oil pressure. I have over 13K miles on my V and have changed the oil twice. Who the hell has to top off the oil in their new car regularly? I mean, COME ON! Such B.S.

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Reminds me why so many of us absolutely DESPISE car dealers and service managers and their departments. SOOO much BS, so little time.

Joe

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Typical dealer BS. Find a competent dealer.

jessrayo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I bought my V used and for some reason most of the service history was not reported on the car fax. I later found out that the car had a supercharger replacement within the first year of ownership. I had the car at 2 separate dealerships, the dealership that sold it to me and a local one and was still getting a little problem fixed here and there but it never did run right. I finally brought the car to a first rate mechanic (Andy Mages of ADM Performance in Dallas) he was able to properly diagnose the problem, reassemble it and allow me to return it for factory warranty work. Once I was able to tell the dealership what the problem was the car finally got fixed.

Mr. Renik and the rest of the dealership owners, you need to be willing to pay and dedicate some better mechanics to working on these cars. I used to drive Jaguar and I can readily admit that the quality of mechanic the Jag dealer had on my car was vastly superior to what is happening at the Cadillac dealerships I have used. I have had the dealership give me the car keys of a "completed repair" with no coolant in the supercharger system and I have popped the hood and found the Shrouds not in place. When I mentioned it the mechanic went and got them off his bench. Cadillac is making a great car but you have got to bring the rest of the team up to spec if you want to compete with the other premium brands.

I'm sorry to hear that these kind of problems are out there.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

I've bought a used V1 and used V2. As a supporting member here, I was able to provide the VIN number of my desired car on this site and get a full service history of both cars. I could then discuss with some of the service people who post on here what the histories showed and what potential problems these particular cars might have.

You might want to spend the $50/year and get the benefits of supporting this site.

Mike

js615 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V (previously '05 CTS-V), '11 SRX

Man this whole thread makes me appreciate Superior Cadillac in KC even more than I already do. Stuff like this thread is just ugly - no one wins. Bummer.
    Moneypenny and Moneypenny like this.

choigilligan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I before E except after C, unless it's neighbor or weigh.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_before_E_except_after_C

"I before E, except after C, or when sounded as A, as in neighbour or weigh,"

ie in believe, fierce, collie, die, friend, achieve
    ei after c in deceive, ceiling, receipt, ceilidh
    ei sounds like an 'A' as in vein,
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just wanted to post a quick note after my "sheer disappointment" thread.
    the problems that i expressed in my original post were not a "Cadillac" problem, they were a dealer problem. I have to say that the response from the corporate office was not only immediate, but constructive and very satisfying. I would like to thank ALL that were involved (you know who you are) and express my deep appreciation for your attentiveness and conclusions. It was nice and refreshing to know that you truly do value your customers and their concerns............Again, thank you so very much!!

Todd,

What is Cadillac going to do for you? We want details!

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    V's just burn oil - lol. Dealer fail...
    BigJoeD and BigJoeD like this.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

I don't care what the OP allegedly did to his car. This is an example of piss poor customer service. Thank God I live within driving distance of Lindsay.
    rjoffe and rjoffe like this.

toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

they are going to repair all the faulty work done by rennick........under warranty ........ the biggest being the motor mount.........but more importantly, they took the time and energy to go through the car and let me know what else needs to be done...........they were also not aware of the fact that i took delivery of the car with said performance parts installed by the dealer......apparently a big no, no........ bottom line, i got treated like a valuable customer, thats all that i wanted in the first place.

When you say: "they", who do you mean? Which dealer went through the car and was there a Cadillac regional rep present for the inspection?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.