sheer disappointment - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, sheer disappointment in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; James, thank you.......it has taken you well over a month to respond to my original e-mail to both you and ...
    toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: sheer disappointment

James,
    thank you.......it has taken you well over a month to respond to my original e-mail to both you and your service advisor, and the only reason you are responding now is beacause i made the letter public? that says a lot about the professionalism that i have found lacking at your dealership. Yes, i do realize that the V burns oil and i have always checked it and kept it full. your service department did all the service on the car so i would think that if the oil needed to be changed more often, maybe it should have been mentioned to me? but sure, i will definitely take all the responsibility for not having the oil changed more often than recomended and i will definitely take responsibility for drving the car hard, but it has never been on a race track.
    The brakes that i paid over $1000.00 for........ i had never had wheel shake until the day i drove it out of your service center after getting them replaced. it was a very slight shake under normal braking and a hard shake under heavy braking and it got worse over time, so the whole bit about it being my fault just does not hold water with the facts. this was explained to your service advisor in a follow up phone call that i made to her. i will not take responsibility for the terrible wheel shake.
    i think that you are missing the pioint of my dissatisfaction though. what i am so frustrated and angry about is the total lack of workmanship and professionalism in the mechanics of the whole experience at your dealership, you did not address any of those concerns in your response. to pick my car up with it looking like the windows were rolled down for two months is easy for me to overlook and deal with, im just a detail kind of person, so no big deal. having the exhaust that your dealership installed STILL rattling (after NUMEROUS requests to fix), all the brackets holding them up broken and the pipes almost dragging on the ground , and doing absolutely nothing about it, that, to me, is terrible service. having BOTH of the front brake air ducts fall out and get jammed in the exhaust (that is still broken) on my way home from your dealership, that, to me, is terrible service. leaving the motor mounts loose to where i can feel the motor moving when accelerating or braking, that, to me, is terrible service. to have the wheel shake after requesting to get it repaired, terrible service. to top it all off sir, not ever hearing one single word from you or your service department after sending you the above letter over a month ago until you responded here and now.......that, to me, is terrible service.
    I am also curious as to how you came to the conclusion that this "rant", as you call it, is "foundationless"? personally, as a business owner, if i had recieved a letter like the one that i sent you from any of my customers, big or small, i would be on the phone to the customer the second i read it. i would want to talk to the customer so i had all the FACTS before i ever came to a conclusion that it was "foundationless", but that's just me. this is the first time that i have heard one single word from anyone at your dealership, maybe you can understand my frustration?
    i would like to add though, that i have found both you and your service advisor to be very pleasurable and polite on a personal basis, it's the execution that i had the problem with. PLEASE do not take this as a personal attack, it's just business
    Houdini, Houdini, jft69z and 1 others like this.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

I miss the days when dirty laundry wasn't aired so publicly.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

Man, does anybody believe in paragraph breaks anymore?

Send me your emails and I will correct them, clean them up and send them back to you.

Presentation of letters often times gets your point across much better. Who wants to read a big run-on sentence or paragraph?
    Luna., Luna., chahockey and 1 others like this.

jnjj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond Sedan

Gosh, this is the first time I've heard that the V burns oil. Is that under normal driving conditions or when there are "rubber pieces stuck up under your rear wheel wells"?

Glad to see both sides of the story, but unfortunately for Renick, I don't buy the dealership's story at all!

I drive the living shit out of my car and don't have any problems that Todd has had. I am really hard on my V and it keeps coming back for more! I really think James Renick needs to be a bit more professional about how he represents his dealership. After seeing his attacking response to a customer, I don't think I would ever go there. It took Todd a long time to get a response from James and only when he posted his letter here. It's nice to see that customer service is at the top of their list.

Todd, I feel for you. If I were you, I would get an attorney and exercise your right under the California lemon law, and quick! I have a great attorney referral for you that does a lot of lemon law. Seems like your car is just a lemon going through two engines. I think you would qualify for a quick buy back under California law. PM me if you want.

Thanks!

epershica is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2011 SRX

This is interesting...

coati is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by epershica View Post
    This is interesting...

toddsterv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sent, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by toddsterv View Post
    sent, thank you
    Whatever we can do to help each other out! That's why we are all here on the forum!

Get all your service records from Renick and Tustin together!

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    And only one misspelled word and knows how to use a space bar.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

It's a shame that this is how we communicate/discuss now (but it's sooooo good); viva the Twitter generation!!!!!!!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    My V doesn't burn oil at all. And these engines take a buttload of abuse and keep ticking...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Isn't the California lemon law only good for 18 months/18,000 miles?

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Yeah, but he still might have a case considering. That's up to a lemon lawyer to decide.

jrcmlc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

"And in a V you need to top it off on a regular basis. It’s just life with a V"

This is complete Bullshit. End.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.