Does the 2011 auto transmissions shift any differently from 09-10?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Does the 2011 auto transmissions shift any differently from 09-10? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Do the 2011 automatics shift any differently from the previous years? I did some searching on the forum but couldn't ...
    sshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does the 2011 auto transmissions shift any differently from 09-10?

Do the 2011 automatics shift any differently from the previous years? I did some searching on the forum but couldn't find much info to substantiate this. On the cadillac web page it states that the 2011 auto has 'performance algorithm shifting'

http://www.cadillac.com/2011-cts-v-l...llections.html

Is this something new for the 2011 or something that the auto tranny always had? When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys? Thanks for the help.

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Does the 2011 auto transmissions shift any differently from 09-10?

Hi Scott,

I checked my resources for you and found that "Performance Algorithm Shifting" is also a part of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V 6L90 six-speed automatic transmission's controller programming, and it provides a performance-oriented shift pattern during sustained high-performance driving. I'm sure the community will be replying soon with great feedback, and please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have lingering questions.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Scott, I had an '09 and I currently have an '11. I believe there is a difference. My '09 had a harder shift between gears and
    especially when I would accelerate up to about 50mph, let off the gas, and get on it again. The '11 seems to be much smoother.
    This is seat of the pants, so take it for just that and nothing more. Cecil.................

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Would like to know if the 2011 paddle shifter works the same as the corvette now. In the corvette can use the paddle shifter without placing the transmssion into sport or manual shift. For example you can use the paddle shifter to downshift, but when you comes to a stop, it returns to the auto mode.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Would like to know if the 2011 paddle shifter works the same as the corvette now. In the corvette can use the paddle shifter without placing the transmssion into sport or manual shift. For example you can use the paddle shifter to downshift, but when you comes to a stop, it returns to the auto mode.
    I haven't driven a C6 Auto, so I don't know if it's the same, but I found out by accident that yes, if you paddle down shift while in Tour mode, the tranny will go to the next lower gear. It stays there for 20 seconds or so, and then goes back into 6th. If the trans is in Sport mode, it stays where you put it...

sshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys?

Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Yes it does "rev match"

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by sshu View Post
    When you downshift does the transmission 'rev match' like on dual clutch trannys?
    Yup. It's a little aggressive with it if you're driving "normaly", but damn near perfect when you get into it...

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was told that the algorithm was updated on the 2011+ models - but I'm sure some of the forum experts can provide more detail... How it was explained to me, the updated algorithm was optimized during the ZL1 development and then made part of the CTS-V for 2011+ models...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.