Best Race???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Best Race??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Howdy All, The best memories with my V I've had are when I've run into a Tuner, muscle, or exotic ...
    CTS-Vz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Best Race???

Howdy All,

The best memories with my V I've had are when I've run into a Tuner, muscle, or exotic car around town and tried to instigate a little street race. Nothing gets your adrenaline going like hearing engines screaming and the thrill of blowing somebody's doors off (or even having yours blown off). I just wanted to hear from others about any memorable moments and what the "other guy" was driving?

My personal favorite: 55 MPH pull versus an Underground Racing Lambo here in Charlotte. He had me by half a football field to 100! Haha. Even the loss was epic and cool to see what the "other guy" had under the hood!

Cheers,
    Vz

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sykoV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 ctsv & 02 Z06

Re: Best Race???

My best race was at the strip with a E55 AMG I won by .2 . A fenders worth of smiles.
    That was a lot of fun.

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I recently ran into a 04 cobra with a KB 2.6 making around 560whp. we went from a 40 roll in 2nd and surprisingly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He had me by like 2 cars and I was spinning 2nd. My only mods are airaid intake and corsa axle back.

Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

None

brlong23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): His - '11 CTS-V Coupe; Hers - '11 SRX

I have "raced" on 4 occassions and have yet to lose. All have been instigated by others and I've been happy to oblige.

1) Mid 2000's Acura Integra with some mods...not sure what was done to it but it was an easy win from a 40 mph roll.

2) A stock Infiniti G37 who was trying to impress his female passenger - That was laughable

3) A heavily modded WRX...that was close but I pulled it out after 3rd gear

4) New Mustang GT 5.0 - Easy win

I have no mods with the exception of Corsa Exhaust
    3)

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Vz View Post
    Howdy All,

The best memories with my V I've had are when I've run into a Tuner, muscle, or exotic car around town and tried to instigate a little street race. Nothing gets your adrenaline going like hearing engines screaming and the thrill of blowing somebody's doors off (or even having yours blown off). I just wanted to hear from others about any memorable moments and what the "other guy" was driving?

My personal favorite: 55 MPH pull versus an Underground Racing Lambo here in Charlotte. He had me by half a football field to 100! Haha. Even the loss was epic and cool to see what the "other guy" had under the hood!

Cheers,
    Vz
    FWIW: Kill Stories

06CTS-nV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I've raced a 2010 mustang cobra, I beat him 2 out of 3 times from a dig, and once from a roll at 30-100 mph
    Next day I raced a stage 2 srt-4 from 2nd gear roll. He got walked pretty bad but it was still fun

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    I was thinking the same thing

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

All above races were in Mexico on closed roads. Right

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

I got raped by a modified ZR-1 a last Sunday. It pulled like I stopped moving...

Rockey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My best...so far

http://youtu.be/9JxVoKtWKJI

brlong23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): His - '11 CTS-V Coupe; Hers - '11 SRX

Why is it talking about racing is discouraged on here as if me seeing someone write a sentence stating, "I got smoked by X Car" is going to make me jump in my V and drive 160 down the highway because I saw the same X Car? We're all adults and just because someone tells a story of something they've done, it doesn't mean that the moderators or all forum members condone that action. I find it hard to believe that everyone on here has never broken the speed limit, made an illegal u-turn or broken any other traffic law and then mentioned it at a later time, internet or face to face with someone else. Seems a little hypocritical to me, IMO.

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat
    Quote Originally Posted by brlong23
    Why is it talking about racing is discouraged on here as if me seeing someone write a sentence stating, "I got smoked by X Car" is going to make me jump in my V and drive 160 down the highway because I saw the same X Car? We're all adults and just because someone tells a story of something they've done, it doesn't mean that the moderators or all forum members condone that action. I find it hard to believe that everyone on here has never broken the speed limit, made an illegal u-turn or broken any other traffic law and then mentioned it at a later time, internet or face to face with someone else. Seems a little hypocritical to me, IMO.
    I agree, as long as people aren't weaving through traffic like some of the dimwit Fast & Furious types around here. People that don't stop for pedestrians in the cross-walk P me off more than somebody doing 100 on the freeway; more about respecting those around you.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by brlong23 View Post
    It's mind numbingly simple, it's about legal liability & what forums condone publicly. Street racing is stupid & irresponsible, period. We've all done stupid things. That doesn't mean this forum should allow people to write about these stupid moments freely to entertain others.

Save your admonishments for the ///M forum.
    garfin and garfin like this.

CTS-Vz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Awesome video, Rocky!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.