Just installed Airaid CAI - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Just installed Airaid CAI in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Mikes2009V Funny you say that. I have a brand new set of ps2's on the rear of ...
    cts v hank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2009V

Funny you say that. I have a brand new set of ps2's on the rear of my car now and don't want to burn them up. Trying to find a set of factory rear wheels to mount some drag radials to. No luck yet but thats the next step before my 2.55 upper pulley and tune.
    Hey you can use 2006 to current Z06 corvette front rims (18)on the back of your car with Nitto drag radials or mickey Thompson drag radial or any new corvette 18 aftermarket copys for your racing setup they will work on back of the Caddy.... just tring to help... i am putting them on my car this week will post pics....

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by cts v hank

Hey you can use 2006 to current Z06 corvette front rims (18)on the back of your car with Nitto drag radials or mickey Thompson drag radial or any new corvette 18 aftermarket copys for your racing setup they will work on back of the Caddy.... just tring to help... i am putting them on my car this week will post pics....
    Would definately be interested in seeing those wheels on the car. Tried to do some research...2006-present c6 z06 front wheels are 18 x 9.5 with 40mm offset. Your saying use those wheels with a z06 stock size 275/35/18 tire. I was considering drag radials. Are those wheels direct bolt on or will you need spacers. Thanks for your help.

Would definately be interested in seeing those wheels on the car. Tried to do some research...2006-present c6 z06 front wheels are 18 x 9.5 with 40mm offset. Your saying use those wheels with a z06 stock size 275/35/18 tire. I was considering drag radials. Are those wheels direct bolt on or will you need spacers. Thanks for your help.
    Hey im saying those rims with a 285/40/18 Nitto NT05 drag radial... thats the setup im going to use for drag racing... i have those on my 2012GT500 Shelby and it hooks up really well... i can leave around 3000 rpm by dumping the clutch and it spins about 2 to 3 feet out... and it makes 550 hp and its manual trans.... i have the rims and the tires already for the CTS V having them mounted up tomorrow ....

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by cts v hank

Hey im saying those rims with a 285/40/18 Nitto NT05 drag radial... thats the setup im going to use for drag racing... i have those on my 2012GT500 Shelby and it hooks up really well... i can leave around 3000 rpm by dumping the clutch and it spins about 2 to 3 feet out... and it makes 550 hp and its manual trans.... i have the rims and the tires already for the CTS V having them mounted up tomorrow ....
    Perfect. That's what I'm looking for. My car is a manual trans and even with a small burnout and leaving at 2000rpm from the tree with stock michelin ps2's, I spun 1st thru 3rd gear. Can you send me a pic of your car with the wheels after you get them mounted. I appreciate all the help.

Perfect. That's what I'm looking for. My car is a manual trans and even with a small burnout and leaving at 2000rpm from the tree with stock michelin ps2's, I spun 1st thru 3rd gear. Can you send me a pic of your car with the wheels after you get them mounted. I appreciate all the help.
    Hey mike no problem i will post pics as soon as i put them on the car... its probably going to look like shit bc the wheels on my v is black and the Z06 wheels are polished but i dont give a rats ass as long as i can leave on boost i am happy.... i had some Mickey Thompson on my last mustang before the shebly and they werent as good as these new NTO5 DRAG RADAIL... these tire are unbelievable on the street so you know how they are going to hook at track....

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Just installed Airaid CAI

Hank do you have a coupe or sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_V_e
    Hank do you have a coupe or sedan?
    Hey steve i have a sedan.....

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Would the coupe guys be able to fit a bigger tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_V_e
    Would the coupe guys be able to fit a bigger tire?
    Hey steve they make the 18 inch Nitto NTO5 drag radail in a couple more sizes 305/45/18 and 315/40/18... so to answer your question yea.. the only thing is that the 305/45/18 might be a lil to tall its like 29 inchs tall i used that size on my mustang to kill alil of the gear in rear end... the taller the tire it makes the car have less gear and the shorter the tire like the 285/40/18 make a car seem like it has more gear in the rear end....

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    I have an Airaid and checked with my dealer prior to installing it. Their only issue was that with some CAIs (that use the oiled filters), they were seeing issues resulting from a buildup of oil on the MAF and in such cases, would not honour any related warranty claims. So, I bought mine with the dry filter, so that worry is gone.
    What's the difference between the dry filter and oiled filter? I'm about to order mine and don't know which one to get?

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

I've been running K&N-style, oiled filters for the last 20 years in my cars.
    All you have to do is:
    1. When you wash the filter and re-oil it, make sure you a) don't over oil it and b) let enough time for it to dry - I've usually waited until next morning
    2. Invest in the MAF cleaner from PepBoys or your local auto parts store and use it from time to time
    0905gmhtp_04_z+crc+mass_air_flow_sensor_cleaner.jpg
    3. If the car behaves funny after a recent cleaning, keep your foot off the gas, and go home and clean the maf

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Thanks I might go with dry just to be safe. I don't trust myslef oiling it too much and possibly messing up the MAF.

brkvee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ctsv coupe

My local dealer told me in order to not void the warranty I had to use a dry filter and buy it through the dealer and have them install it.
    I don't know if that's true or not, maybe they're just trying to make the extra $ but I did it that way to make sure there are no warranty issues.
    I'm very happy with the Airaid intake. The supercharger whine is awesome but I can't say I feel any increase in power even though there is probably
    a slight increase.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

According to their chart, the dry filter flows much less than their oiled and requires service at a more frequent interval; however, I'd have to assume the dry filter flows well enough to be effective.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

My dealer's response to me asking about the Air Raid with Dry Filter....

Emissions wise if it is C.A.R.B. certified you are ok there. But an air filter related failure may not be covered by Cadillac.

Service Consultant

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.