First ride in the V = Dad's shocking sailor mouth
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 16 Post By SoCal_V
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First ride in the V = Dad's shocking sailor mouth in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I picked up my 70-something year old father at the airport today, in the V. He's never ridden in ...
    SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

First ride in the V = Dad's shocking sailor mouth

So I picked up my 70-something year old father at the airport today, in the V. He's never ridden in it, and never seen it. My car is only a few months old and it's the first time he's visited. He's a car guy and has owned many fast cars in his life.

Let's cut to the chase here...after a few full throttle blasts from 2nd gear through 4th down the freeway and from stoplights, I could feel my cheeks going red, my forehead getting sweaty, and my pulse quickening as my father spewed curse words and expletives that would make a sailor blush. As the V pushed him harder into the seat, he would grab the door handle as his knuckles went white, while he dropped expletive combos I didn't know existed. And not in a bad way, but more on a "Jesus f**king Christ, OMFG holy s**t" kind of way.

I admit it, I was shocked and a bit embarrassed but at the same time a little bit proud. Proud that this car is so absurdly fast that it would reduce a kind, wise, mature man to cursing like the demon in The Exorcist...and proud that my own father could drop the F bomb so many times between stoplights.

Reason #538 to own a CTS-V: free entertainment. I saw a different side of my Dad today. Thank you V.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: First ride in the V = Dad's shocking sailor mouth

Did you have to clean up the pea soup too

cadzilla32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V
    Reason #538 to own a CTS-V: free entertainment. I saw a different side of my Dad today. Thank you V.
    Had a very similar experience with my C5 driving father back around the holidays. Although, let me be honest, I too drop a few combo f-bombs from time-to-time as I work on pointing the car straight after a 1-2 shift :-)

litig8r187 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V Murdered

Yea, I took my much older brother (16 years my Sr. and well over 60) on a ride a few months ago. He is very conservative with his vehicles now but did he some serious street/drag racing when he was in his 20's . He always trashes modern muscle cars and says they can't hold a candle to his old '56 Chevy or '67 Camaro. He squealed like a little girl after a few 160 mph sprints in the V. Cracked me up.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Priceless.

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Quality time with your Dad. Great stuff.

I lost my Dad in January 2011. But he had a chance to ride in my 09 sedan and my 11 coupe. He always remarked about how they sounded, and a couple of times he would tell me "I heard you drive by last night". The sound was unmistakable to him, sedan or coupe.

I took him with me to pick up the sedan because he once told me that his dad, my grandfather, had always wanted a Cadiilac, and mine would be our family's first. It was really cool to walk around the dealership with him and finally get my car.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Ha haa! These cars always leave an impression on people of all ages. It's good that younger folks are buying them, too.

Jud
    Jud

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Awesome post. I'll be taking my V in a few weeks when I visit my Dad as well, who hasn't seen it. I can't wait to share the experience with him. This is just part of being a good son, you know.

brian-nicola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe Blk Diamond Edition

Great stories. OK, now what are you going to do when Dad says "gimmie the keys..son"

hunterkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts-v

The best thread ever.Every sons dream to out perform his father

cadzilla32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by brian-nicola
    Great stories. OK, now what are you going to do when Dad says "gimmie the keys..son"
    Same as my father told me when I asked to drive his new Z06. "Sure son, you can drive it...when I'm dead!" then chuckled away. Love ya pops!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.