Gut feeling is there is something wrong (or at least not running right)... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gut feeling is there is something wrong (or at least not running right)... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Try to get to as close to sea level as possible and run it on a Dynojet. On a Dynojet, ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe on Order, 2013 Escalade ESV,

Re: Gut feeling is there is something wrong (or at least not running right)...

Try to get to as close to sea level as possible and run it on a Dynojet. On a Dynojet, you should be making between 440 and 470 RWHP.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Wow. You're about 100 horses off on the rear wheels. I think that's all you need to tell the dealer. They'll find the problem. Please keep us posted. Good luck. Good move on the dyno pre-dealer because now you've got a baseline.
    Moneypenny and Moneypenny like this.

AfAdam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Thanks. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I'll post what they find/tell me. Really just hoping not to have to deal with a bunch of hassle from a shop that doesn't want to work out the issue...

So I dropped the car off at the dealership this morning. Wasn't feeling too good with the service writer's comment of "there isn't a bolt or mechanical adjustment to be made on this car, and if anything is wrong you'd have a check engine light", but I didn't want to start off confrontational so I figured I'd just wait to see what the verdict was when they called. Anyways, he called back and...I'm getting a new supercharger. Actually talked to the technician and he said the car was only registering 5psi. His conclusion was the supercharger needed to be replaced. I know I should have been happy and shut my mouth, but I am a very honest person, so I asked that it wasn't the bypass valve or actuator. He said he verified both were good. So its official; full supercharger replacement.

Such a big relief to know my issue is going to get fixed. I am excited to drive the car I was expecting when I bought it. Its been almost 4 months that I've owned it and I am pretty sure it never had the power it should have...

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Please post up the results when you get her back.

Pphilthy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Did they do a compression and leak down test...? That's the first place I would have started....

Quote Originally Posted by Pphilthy View Post
    Did they do a compression and leak down test...? That's the first place I would have started....
    Not to my knowledge, but I'll ask the technician when I drop it off. I agree, I would have checked the engine first and then looked at the SC, but I'm not going to argue with them replacing it if it works. I will take it back to the dyno and post the numbers after the replacement.

coati is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Keep us posted as to the results.
    I want to hear a happy ending to this story.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by coati View Post
    Keep us posted as to the results.
    I want to hear a happy ending to this story.
    Me too!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I am sorry to hear that you are having this ongoing frustration with your vehicle's performance. It sounds like you have taken the proper steps in getting this issue resolved in getting to the dealership. Keep us updated on your vehicle repair at the dealership and feel free to contact me with any questions at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com.

Ashley (assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Hmmmm...not the bypass valve or actuator. Curious as to what could be wrong mechanically with the SC to cause the low boost without some other noticable problem that could be identified.

Willing to put money down that it will be more than just the SC before it's all done and over with.

I may be wrong, but I think the valve/actuator comes with/on the new SC as a whole unit. I am looking on Alldata (mechanic software) and it shows the whole unit with both attached. So I am thinking even if it was the valve/actuator it may be fixed with the new SC.

Pic is from the removal/replacement instructions
    162432975.gif

ctsvwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Hmmmm...not the bypass valve or actuator. Curious as to what could be wrong mechanically with the SC to cause the low boost without some other noticable problem that could be identified.

Willing to put money down that it will be more than just the SC before it's all done and over with.
    AfAdam, I agree with DiamondWhtV - not sure what could be wrong with the S/C that wouldn't cause some serious mechanical noise. I live in Colorado Springs also and have a 2011 CTS-V Coupe with the 6-speed manual. It runs very strong, but I don't get a lot of wheel spin when I get on it. I assumed it was mostly the effects of altitude and 91 octane fuel.

ctsvwannabe

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvwannabe View Post
    AfAdam, I agree with DiamondWhtV - not sure what could be wrong with the S/C that wouldn't cause some serious mechanical noise. I live in Colorado Springs also and have a 2011 CTS-V Coupe with the 6-speed manual. It runs very strong, but I don't get a lot of wheel spin when I get on it. I assumed it was mostly the effects of altitude and 91 octane fuel.

ctsvwannabe
    Do you only run at 5 psi? If this doesn't fix my situation I am willing to pay to dyno your car and see what another one runs here. I know a manual would be a little stronger, but I also know a guy with a 09 low mile automatic...

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AfAdam View Post
    Do you only run at 5 psi? If this doesn't fix my situation I am willing to pay to dyno your car and see what another one runs here. I know a manual would be a little stronger, but I also know a guy with a 09 low mile automatic...
    Don't be too worked up over the boost pressure. It maybe in the normal range for your altitude. Sea level air pressure is 14.7 lbs and at 5000 feet elevation the air pressure is 12.23 lbs. Thats good for 2.5 lbs of boost right there. I don't know your exact altitude, but I believe it is around 5500 feet? So if boost at sea level is 8-9 stock, I would expect to see somewhere in the 5-7 range.

Unfortunately your dyno numbers are too low even for the change in altitude. I am just not sure that the SC is your problem area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.