Track wheels and tires??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Track wheels and tires?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I recently wrote a thread about my first trip to the local track with my V. The problem I had ...
    Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV

Track wheels and tires??

I recently wrote a thread about my first trip to the local track with my V. The problem I had with my runs were traction which brings me to my question. I don't want to eat up a pair of $1000 Michelin Ps2's so I want to buy an extra set of wheels and get a pair of drag radials. I live about 30 mins from the track so my thoughts were to buy an extra set of factory 19 inch wheels and swap them in my garage the day I go. Is it ok to use a factory size wheel and if so what tire size do you recommend in a drag radial. Is it better to use a 17 or 18 inch wheel instead and if so does anyone know what wheels will work. Didn't know if it is just lug pattern I need to worry about or if clearance issues come into play because of having the Brembo brake setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Track wheels and tires??

18s will get you cheaper tires. And more options.

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Re: Track wheels and tires??

The bolt pattern is 5x120 mm (the Chevy Corvette bolt pattern will work also - 5x120.7 mm or 5x4.75 inch)
    Front stock wheel offset is 51 mm
    Rear stock wheel offset is 56 mm

Getting the right offset is the key to fitting the widest wheel possible. The factory offset is pretty good for centering the tire in the wheel well. One forum member fit a 305/30/19 (Bridgestone RE-11 Tire) on a stock rear wheel. Hoosier offers a 295/30/19 which will fit a stock wheel.

I use TSW Nurburgring Wheels in 18" x 9.5" with a 40 mm offset. The TSW wheels are strong, light, and cheap. I use Nitto NT05 275/40/18 tires. Nitto offers a NT05 drag radial in 285/40/18.

More Track tire info can be found here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-09-ctsv.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ack-tires.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...8inch-rim.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.