Thinking about ditching the Recaros
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By mrl859
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking about ditching the Recaros in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey everybody! I am the proud owner of a 2012 CT-S V wagon. I really love the car. Its quite ...
    pbsis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thinking about ditching the Recaros

Hey everybody!

I am the proud owner of a 2012 CT-S V wagon. I really love the car. Its quite an upgrade from my e55 amg which was no slouch! The car is black on black with black wheels and yellow calipers and looks absolutely sinister!!

I am struggling with the idea of ditching my recaros for some regular seats though. My seats are brand new (1000 miles) and black. I would be looking for a swap plus money or to just buy someones seats outright. The newer or better the condition the more likely I will go through with it being as my seats are pristine (dont even squeak).

So long story short if anyone has the desire to do this drop me an email at paulo7204@yahoo.com and we can set it up. Assuming we can work out a deal I am ready to get it done so their will be no procrastination on my part.

I am located in Oklahoma but we can find some way to make it work.

thanks
    Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Re: Thinking about ditching the Recaros

Why are you ditching them? I love my Recaro's in my Vagon.

If it's a comfort issue, spend some time playing with different positions/settings. I got fidgety after about two hours in mine, until we took an 8 day trip. I kept adjusting on the fly, and after day three I found the sweet spot. I can easily outlast the gas tank in them now...

Just my $0.02

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Why are you ditching them? I love my Recaro's in my Vagon.

If it's a comfort issue, spend some time playing with different positions/settings. I got fidgety after about two hours in mine, until we took an 8 day trip. I kept adjusting on the fly, and after day three I found the sweet spot. I can easily outlast the gas tank in them now...

Just my $0.02
    Same with me. It took me a month to get the seat just right.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello Paul,
    I have a few customers that might be interested. I will forward your information to them as they are not on the forums. Good luck.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by pbsis View Post
    Hey everybody!

I am the proud owner of a 2012 CT-S V wagon. I really love the car. Its quite an upgrade from my e55 amg which was no slouch! The car is black on black with black wheels and yellow calipers and looks absolutely sinister!!

I am struggling with the idea of ditching my recaros for some regular seats though. My seats are brand new (1000 miles) and black. I would be looking for a swap plus money or to just buy someones seats outright. The newer or better the condition the more likely I will go through with it being as my seats are pristine (dont even squeak).

So long story short if anyone has the desire to do this drop me an email at paulo7204@yahoo.com and we can set it up. Assuming we can work out a deal I am ready to get it done so their will be no procrastination on my part.

I am located in Oklahoma but we can find some way to make it work.

thanks
    Paul

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

sent mail

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

pbsis, meet hunterkiller. Check his thread from a couple of weeks ago. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...aro-seats.html

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

play with the settings for a while. Very rarely does anyone want to give up the recaros, so once you swap odds are you'll be stuck. Honestly if i were you , hold onto you recaros and try to buy some front seats off ebay. When it comes to resale if you dont have the oe recaros you might have a hard time selling

pbsis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey guys!

I really appreciate all the response this thread has gotten. Thank you to everyone who has responded thus far. Its more of an issue of headroom then seat comfort. Im a tall guy and with a helment i just dont fit comfortably! Also I drove a loaner 2011 CTS with the regular seats and found them to be fine for commuting and very nice.

Thanks again and keep the emails coming!

EDIT: D3 Caddy I never got your email.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I feel your pain. I went from a standard seat to the Recaro's and gave them a good 3-4 weeks trying every possible position before I said enough is enough. The seats are rock hard IMHO especially for somebody with a boney butt. I don't think the trade off of comfort for having cold air blown up your ass is worth it. I think the stock seats are adequate but could definately be better. For comparison purposes, I would take the Chrysler SRT8 seats over any Caddy seat any day. Those are comfortable yet supportive seats

lilred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2012 CTS-V

The Recaros definitely eat some headroom over the stock seats, although not as much as the sunroof does. I am 6'6" and tried all the different sunroof and seating combinations. If you are into tracking it though I think you will find the Recaros more supportive then the stock seats. Does your wagon have a sunroof?

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I feel your pain. I went from a standard seat to the Recaro's and gave them a good 3-4 weeks trying every possible position before I said enough is enough. The seats are rock hard IMHO especially for somebody with a boney butt. I don't think the trade off of comfort for having cold air blown up your ass is worth it. I think the stock seats are adequate but could definately be better. For comparison purposes, I would take the Chrysler SRT8 seats over any Caddy seat any day. Those are comfortable yet supportive seats
    The seats in my Charger SRT8 were by far THE most comfortable seats in any car I've ever owned. While the Recaros are stiff, and while they creak/rattle, I would never by a V without then.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Volvo S60 seats. Best ever. Nuff said.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.