Thank You Cadillac Racing!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SRTVIPER03
  • 2 Post By SRTVIPER03
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thank You Cadillac Racing! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What a great time we had at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sunday! Cadillac Racing provided discounted tickets for ...
    SRTVIPER03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Thank You Cadillac Racing!

What a great time we had at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sunday! Cadillac Racing provided discounted tickets for great seats in the grandstand right at the hairpin. They invited us to their hospitality tent and fed us breakfast, lunch and snacks and drinks. We parked in the Cadillac Corral with dozens of our V's right next to the track and tent and gave us a tour of the Cadillac Racing garage.

We met Andy Pilgrim, Johnny O'Connell and the Cadillac racing team management and we able to ask questions about the program.

Most importantly, we had an opportunity to provide feedback to the Cadillac team in one-on-one conversations and they soaked up our information like sponges!

Best of all, we watched the World Challenge V's take first and third in the race!

Thanks to Jim Vurpillat and all on the Cadillac team for making us feel so welcome. Thanks also go to the D3 team for providing a great opportunity to see your shop and for more great food.

Andy
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rule12b is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Thank You Cadillac Racing!

It really was a fantastic day and experience. D3, Cadillac, everyone was great. The World Challenge Race was the highlight seeing the GT and GTS classes all mixing it up. The win for Caddy was sweet, and those cars were simply menacing to behold.

sykoV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 ctsv & 02 Z06

Wow that sounds like a great day. Did you get any pictures?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Re: Cadillacs & Coffee / D3 Open House April 15th, 2012
    Great showing of Cads this AM. Many thanks to James & the D3 crew and whoever else helped put the open house & gathering together at the D3 facility. Some very nice CTS-V's there. It was good to put some faces to the names and meeting some new peeps. Good to see everybody again. Many thanks again.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Was a very good time. I think James/D3 will post something up soon.

I think it will be a record in terms of the number of Vs at one "meet."

hlantin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Silver MT CTS-V Sedan - Recaro/Graphite Wheels

D3 and Cadillac..thanks for a great day!! What a partnership! As always..everything was first class. Seeing the Cad Racing team in action was the highlight for me! Those GT cars were amazing! Note to self..bring ear plugs next time!

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SRTVIPER03 View Post
    What a great time we had at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Sunday! Cadillac Racing provided discounted tickets for great seats in the grandstand right at the hairpin. They invited us to their hospitality tent and fed us breakfast, lunch and snacks and drinks. We parked in the Cadillac Corral with dozens of our V's right next to the track and tent and gave us a tour of the Cadillac Racing garage.

We met Andy Pilgrim, Johnny O'Connell and the Cadillac racing team management and we able to ask questions about the program.

Most importantly, we had an opportunity to provide feedback to the Cadillac team in one-on-one conversations and they soaked up our information like sponges!

Best of all, we watched the World Challenge V's take first and third in the race!

Thanks to Jim Vurpillat and all on the Cadillac team for making us feel so welcome. Thanks also go to the D3 team for providing a great opportunity to see your shop and for more great food.

Andy
    Yeah the Cadillac Racing Team and the marketing team do an outstanding job at the races. I'm glad to see the west coast fans are as welcomed and well treated as we midwesterners. My XLR club has been going to the races at Mid-Ohio, Road America, and Road Atlanta for several years and the Racing team, drivers, and marketing managers know most of us by name. We actually followed Andy Pilgrim way back when he was driving for the Corvette team. I tend to run into Andy a few times a year at different events and he always recognizes me and takes the time to speak to me personally (what a great guy!). The marketing folks recognized me in the mass and confusion of the Chicago Auto Show and kidnapped me from my group to introduce me to several Cadillac Execs.

At Mid-Ohio we've had an XLR Corral for years and last year Cadillac sponsored a Cadillac Corral for the first time.

We did the garage briefing and Q&A, and our group photographer was invited into the pits to take action pics. We had 8 cars, they had over 60 (mostly "V" series).

We expect there to be close to 100 this year and more than that at the Detroit Grand Prix. The Detroit Cadillac Corral tickets just went on sale so I called the folks in Detroit this morning and they said the Corral will probably sell out by the end of the week - 150 slots allocated.

One of the things I appreciated at Road Atlanta was the TV coverage in the hospitality suite. Four TVs were set up, each focused on a different part of the track and the main projection screen showed the live broadcast. We were able to sit together for lunch and supper, watch the different events going on at the track in relative comfort until race time (My gal really didn't want to walk the track with me to my favorite vantage point overlooking turn 6 until race time - it was only 96* no shade and no clouds out)
    What I really liked was
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by SRTVIPER03 View Post

Andy
    I don't want to see you complaining for a while now...

hehe

SRTVIPER03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    How long is a while? No promises!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Constance83 is offline Banned

Was a very good time. I think James/D3 will post something up soon.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I got an invitation from Cadillac to the SCCA race in St. Petersburg, FL, last month, but couldn't go. I think the cost was $100 for several days of VIP treatment (parking corral, race tickets, meet race drivers, food, drinks, etc.). If I ever get another invitation for a Florida event, I'm going, come Hell or high water! I would really like to talk to Pilgrim and O'Connell and meet some of the GM people.

Jud
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.