Help Lingenfelter Supercharger upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Help Lingenfelter Supercharger upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey im interested in the Lingenfelter supercharger upgrade that will give me 630hp but i wanna know if anybody has ...
    captain slow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Help Lingenfelter Supercharger upgrade

Hey im interested in the Lingenfelter supercharger upgrade that will give me 630hp but i wanna know if anybody has it and can comment on the reliability, does it void your factory warranty, has anybody had any problems with it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S_al_h is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v sedan

Re: Help Lingenfelter Supercharger upgrade

Your warranty will be void from the tune...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Your warranty will be voided if your dealer wants it to be. If your dealer is reasonable, no warranty needs to be voided...

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
    Hey im interested in the Lingenfelter supercharger upgrade that will give me 630hp but i wanna know if anybody has it and can comment on the reliability, does it void your factory warranty, has anybody had any problems with it?
    I've got the same concern... really like the kit, but want to maintain a warranty.

V locity is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

You need to ask who ever it is that you deal with at your dealer. That's who determines what happens.

But, I would say if you can't stomach flushing the drivetrain warranty, Don't risk it.

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

ah, so the trick is to find a mod-friendly dealer.

I just despise the idea that a CAI and pulley change mod would say invalidate a warranty claim on the rear end or transmission.
    I can see if said CAI/pulley/tune caused engine damage and they say you need to pay for it, that would be reasonable.

Got to pay if you want to play... I'm pondering it.

Garymonnecka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    They would deny the claim for a transmission or rear end most likely saying the extra power caused the damage.

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
    I just did the LPE 650 package with the exception of headers and will pick it up next week. It put down 583hp/583tq. I have had a couple cars done at LPE and the reliability is very good, especially with just an upper pulley & CAI. I had already talked to my dealer about the upgrade and they told me the warranty is in tact, as long as the added power doesn't affect the warranty parts. I don't really expect the rear end or trans or engine to be warrantied at this power level. With what it put down, it is close to 700 to the crank figuring in a 15% drivetrain loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymonnecka
    They would deny the claim for a transmission or rear end most likely saying the extra power caused the damage.
    Maybe. Not definitely.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Your warranty will be voided if your dealer wants it to be. If your dealer is reasonable, no warranty needs to be voided...
    This is a pleasant fiction.

bzabodyn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Raven Vagon

Fiction? I discussed it in length with my GM and service manager and they said they don't want me to service my car anywhere else so they'll cover anything unless it blatantly caused the problem (which in most cases I'd take it back to the installing shop anyways). The only thing they would have to confer with GM on would be a blown motor... I'm planning on staying below 600whp as that seems to be a safe reliable number. Heading to G-Force Monday for upper pulley kit (2.55), ported snout, upgraded HE, injectors, custom exhaust - already have Airaid CAI installed.

Brandon

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Exceptions to the rule don't negate the rule. The majority of service departments will void your powertrain warranty and anything associated with it if you sneeze on the car, much less modify the car to the extent you're doing yours.

Congrats on having a very cool service department & manager. I've yet to find one like yours in 25+ years of performance vehicle ownership, especially a GM dealer.

May want to get what your service manager told you in writing if you're really depending upon the warranty to help you out. Chances are you aren't, so it may not matter.

My take...modify it, it's 100% mine to fix and repair. Obviously if it's a non powertrain warranty repair that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Maybe. Not definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    This is a pleasant fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    Exceptions to the rule don't negate the rule. The majority of service departments will void your powertrain warranty and anything associated with it if you sneeze on the car, much less modify the car to the extent you're doing yours.

Congrats on having a very cool service department & manager. I've yet to find one like yours in 25+ years of performance vehicle ownership, especially a GM dealer.

May want to get what your service manager told you in writing if you're really depending upon the warranty to help you out. Chances are you aren't, so it may not matter.

My take...modify it, it's 100% mine to fix and repair. Obviously if it's a non powertrain warranty repair that's different.
    Make up your mind. First, you say what I said isn't true. Then you admit there are exceptions. So???

When I blew up the first diff on my '04, I had a BMR anti-wheelhop kit. Since a GM rep needed to see the failure, they removed the kit before he came in so there wouldn't be any issue. I've been told headers and a cam wouldn't be an issue since those were very common mods to the LS motor. They didn't blink when I showed them my pullied, headered and tuned '09. The service manager loves my V and thinks a car that is so fast and drives so much like a base CTS is incredible. Maybe they won't be able to cover an engine internal if I have a catastrophic failure, but they have always been willing to work with me.

Your 25+ years do NOT equal my 8 with Cadillac.

Ridetechbret is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts v

I've had the 630hp Lingenfelter package on mine since 9/2011. Best thing since teenage sex. Zero problems.

brlong23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): His - '11 CTS-V Coupe; Hers - '11 SRX

I finally got the ok from the wife to get the LPE 650 package (early birthday present!) so I'll be calling them in the morning to set up a time to get it out there...I'm thinking Mid-June due to some work related things I've got going on.

As far as the warranty stuff...I'm not to concerned because Lingenfelter is known world wide for their work on GM vehicles (most notably Corvettes) and have been doing it long enough to be very very good at it. I can't wait to get this done and I am sure that it will only be the start of what will become an addiction to more power

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.